Can't get FFB to acceptable state in demo with T500. Otherwise might buy it.

The default settings for T500 are obviously trash (Damper and Spring are erasing all detail and sense of weight transfer, it actually has some if you disable those) But on tarmac you can get it to feel totally acceptable, by making changes.

Ingame I've used Vibrations 0%, Spring 0%, Damper 0%, minimum force 100% (the description is actually wrong, the effect is reversed), understeer effect 50%, overall strength around 70%. With this it feels perfectly acceptable on tarmac.

But once you go offroad (like the game requires, for "cross-country" races), it becomes atrocious, way too violent jolts, that drown everything else under it. And if you dial stuff down to suit offroad, on tarmac it will feel like holding a dead fish.

In TM Profiler Overall 60%, rest 100% like usually with actual sims.

Sure some might say you're supposed to play this with gamepad, but why though. Driving games are more fun with wheel, if they can make Forza 7 and GT Sport playable with wheel, why not this.

Wreckfest is not sim either, but feels pretty good on a wheel (with just gain slider, basically). If they advertise wheel support and have "Simulation" mode, you can't hide behind excuses. AAA studios need to learn to make FFB into their so-called "driving games".

The optimization is god-like though. Reminds me of DOOM optimization

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

OSW doesn't work, again. Neither does EmuWheel.
Other than that FH3 all over again, nothing new.
Must be great for someone fresh to the series, otherwise more like expansion to FH3, same old, formula didn't change. May grab later on sale if DirectInput devices FFB support is fixed, not sure yet, it feels quite boring.

I tried the demo with CSL Elite PS4, FFB not great but enough for this sort of title. The thing I can't get past is the 180 degrees of rotation. If anyone has a good way around this I'm all ears

From the known issues:

• Fanatec - Handbrake - ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 does not function.
• Fanatac CSL - Playing without a handbrake device will auto engage the E-brake in game and you will not be able to move.

This means: Users with a Fanatec CSL Elite (as I am) need the Fanatec Handbrake to drive.
BUT: With the handbrake the handbrake axis is inverted! Means even with the handbrake you cannot drive.
Any official news regarding this problem: None.

I was able to "mod" my handbrake with some cable-ties and a piece of packet string. So I can drive at least, but not enjoy the game. What bothers me most is that I paid nearly 100 € to play early and have to do such nasty workarounds.

Edit:Forgot to mention that this was working fine in the demo!

Have not bought it yet but the game looks stunning & has the usual great content.
There are a few fundamentals about the game that I do dislike.
1.Great Britain does look good but the roads are way to wide.I understand that this benefits the racing but they could have mixed it with more single track roads that are everywhere in the countryside.
2.The cars go off road & dont slow down.Would be great if they had a more realistic mode where 4x4s tackled the rough terrain ok but the Lamborghinis bottomed out & were terrible off road.
3.Bro talk storyline.There should be an option to turn this off.Just terrible.

I might buy it in a sale but regardless this will be the biggest selling racing game ever.

OSW doesn't work, again. Neither does EmuWheel.
Other than that FH3 all over again, nothing new.
Must be great for someone fresh to the series, otherwise more like expansion to FH3, same old, formula didn't change. May grab later on sale if DirectInput devices FFB support is fixed, not sure yet, it feels quite boring.
This is my feeling, nothing new so will not be buying

The demo was working at home
The game is working at the office (so at least i played couple hours there, drove james bond Esprit ^^)
but can't have it working at home. Start & crash straight away. Several people having similar issue on forums.
I lost too much time trying to fix stuff and since i paid extra to play early and it's not even working, i asked a refund. :thumbsdown: (you have 30 days by the way, to ask a refund if the product is not to your liking, that's what their policy says, the woman on the phone wanted me to have a ticket with technical support, i stated the 30 days return policy and voila.)
Worse part is their microsoft store none-sense, on which you can't copy a game from a computer to another (from my office with 90Mb/s) to home (4Mb/s ...)
Steam does it better!
Will probably try again later when the game on discount.

Really bored of the cringey over-the-top dude-bro festival bullshit in all of these open world games, but the rest of Horizon 3 was enjoyable for a relaxing game session and I see no reason Horizon 4 would be any different. I don't have early access, but I'll most likely pick up the game.

Not really interested in it. I'm only into track racing despite my first and still one of favourite "open world" racing game was the NFS Most Wanted from 2005.

I downloaded a Forza trial a week ako. Forgot if its the same one but graphics are nice. Smooth DX12 on AMD GPU. But undrivable with a wheel. Probably good for those who play on the sofa with friends but not as good if youre looking to kickass online.

I tried the demo a week or two ago, but had weird input lag on my steering with the controller, and other input issues on keyboard, so I would have to try the demo again to see if it as fixed. I watched Jimmers Stream and it looks like good fun, but nothing that would be worth the asking price for me.

I liked Burnout Paradise more, after playing the FH4 demo. No crashmodel just makes it kindda boring to fly around the map, though it's really beautiful. For such a game, I'd either like it more arcadish or more real. This one is somewhere in between, surely a popular formular, but I don't like that the "show-off" vibe is the most important aspect the game is trying to convey. On top of that, characters/avatars and customization is waaaaay too teen for me to enjoy.
The one thing I like about it is the barnfinds, sadly there's not much into fixing these old vehicles.
With all those vehicles available, I'd have much more fun if I actually cared for them, trying not to crash them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back