The cars go off road & dont slow down.Would be great if they had a more realistic mode where 4x4s tackled the rough terrain ok but the Lamborghinis bottomed out & were terrible off road.
That's actually the reason why i'd never buy it. It would still be arcady enough for the kids, if you couldn't use some Lamborghini for rough off-road sessions. But this "you can race every car in every condition" kills immersion just a tad too much and also renders different car classes useless.

Buggy, glitchy, weird, not able to use multiple controlles, no option to choose game language, graphics settings not applying properly, slightly weird FFB... It needs some patches, head scratching, experimenting to be a proper package, to say the least. But still, I can't stop playing it! Simply addicted! :rolleyes:

Start & crash straight away. Several people having similar issue on forums.
It's caused by the anti-cheat they use, it doesn't like any kind of overlay on the game image. MSI Afterburner/RTSS, EVGA Precision, etc. You can work around that by disabling those, had the same issue until I figured it out.

There's more positive comments here on Race Department for Forza which we know is "Simcade" spit, I hate that term, than for SimBin UK GTR3, which we know is going to be "simcade" spit.

Let me count the sheeps. :sneaky:

It's caused by the anti-cheat they use, it doesn't like any kind of overlay on the game image. MSI Afterburner/RTSS, EVGA Precision, etc. You can work around that by disabling those, had the same issue until I figured it out.
yeah i read that, i checked and don't think i have any of these. Besides i didn't even know what was these names until yesterday!
Either way, they don't deserve 99€ for a game that doesn't work, and that's not able to give a single error message to why it's crashing, it's 2018 FFS ! Microsoft attempt at being like Apple is working well so far...

For me its a nice chill-out game. I know Forza since first part so i dont expect wonders in that game. I have skipped FH2 and 3 so this game is good for me now.

I also dont like this fancy, color overload festival crap (and the useless commentators in the game) but the rest is good so far.
I love the landscape and to cruise around with my favourite cars.
It make lot of fun to modify and to "paint" own cars. Sure, its nothing new in Forza....
I dont have big simulation expactations. I own very good hardware (pc, wheel, pedals, rig and so on) but ironically in this game i prefer the xbox pad. Ok, maybe thats why i didnt found a good solution for my Ts-Pc...
One thing is what i hate... stupid ram kids... but this is a general racing game problem...
Generally i am happy with this game.

Guys does it run much better than a fully patched FH3? I want to pick up FH3 or FH4 for a chill driving game. FH4 demo runs beautifully on my i5 4460/1060, but I heard FH3 ran bad initially, especially in the city. On the other hand I want Mitsubishi and Toyota. Anybody with recent experience with both game, which one should I get?

Weird thing is Forza 7 worked with my Fanatec Turbo S but Forza Horizon 3 didn't. Don't think I'll pick up Horizon 4 either as I suspect it won't recognise my wheel either and playing with a pad is of no interest.

Very enjoyable. Steering setup is a but wonky, but at sim setting approaching a lite simcade - took me a lot of tweaking. Kids love to play it with the controller on medium setting.

Visual improvement on FH3, optimization means I can play this at 4k@60fps - well running DSR at 1080p.

The terrain is more interesting than Australia and unless you are expecting 1:1 authenticity you’ll enjoy the urban areas.

Solid product.

I'm still against how in Horizons now you drive through everything and how you do off road with street cars. They should at least limit off road only for suitable cars and keep normal cars on roads.

Game looks promising (demo), I sadly have an issue with my HE pro throttle pedal where I only get a super small amount of throttle input.. Been looking on the forums but none has reported such problem, does any one here have the same issue? My brake seems to be working alright...

Both pedals work in every other racing game..

So I downloaded the DEMO and everything seems to be working (afaict: As far as I can tell) aside from the throttle input. Whenever I press the throttle I get a super small amount of input while its properly calibrated with DI-view and working in every other racing game.

Does any one have a similar issue or knows a solution?

Thanks.

• Deleted member 197115

3.Bro talk storyline.There should be an option to turn this off.Just terrible.
Right, forgot to mentioned that, it was the only "improvement" over FH3.
Not only it is extremely cringe-worthy but all characters you can choose from look like retards show.

• Deleted member 197115

Game looks promising (demo), I sadly have an issue with my HE pro throttle pedal where I only get a super small amount of throttle input.. Been looking on the forums but none has reported such problem, does any one here have the same issue? My brake seems to be working alright...

Both pedals work in every other racing game..
Same issue, I had that in other Forza games too, that was fixed with EmuWheel but it doesn't work with FH4.

Actually they again missed the opportunity to create a game like first TDU. They just need to combine FM physics and handling with an open world experience that is not based on childish festivals but on atmosphere of traveling, including more details to the world and cars, those details that aids to the atmosphere. While completely capable on doing that, they perhaps doesn't feel the need.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.