Formula One: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix

Ferrari disappointing again. Expected more battles with Mercedes but at the end they lost the strategy against RedBull. Nice job of Max and his team with his P4 and funny (and important) extra fastest lap point for Pierre.

Indeed Albon P20 --> P10 makes him DOTD.

Someone is looking
D4GTYbSX4AALoS5.jpg

Agreed, and of course I still love F1 - but it's not an easy job :) Unfortunately, the China support races were not covered in my country, I usually enjoy them. And the Hungaroring F2 races I saw live last year were just phenomenal.

You know what ? I watched qualy yesterday and got up early this morning, then i totally forgot about the race and missed to watch it. This has only happened to me after the Schumacher/Hakkinen-era :cool:

Looking forward to MotoGP tonight :roflmao:

I really think the probability of Bottas wiping that smug look off Hamilton's face might (just might) seduce me into watching effwun again. Perhaps.
:ninja:
Guess you won't be smiling ......its funny how the regular town cryers of Racedepartment disappear and go quiet here after a 1-2 win, especially a Hamilton win. Three 1-2 wins of the season is enough to make more haters stop watching F1 lol
Keep up the hate ...maybe Baku?

A dark day for Ferrari. I love their road cars (F12 TDF - :geek:) but the racing team blows :thumbsdown:
Can understand saying "hold station for a few laps", but not this "move over for king" BS so early in the year. When a title challenge is gone - fair enough.
Good stuff mercedes though, even though it was a dull race after the start.

Last edited:
indycar is a spec series where all the cars are all artificially bunched up, like watching rental karts race in a parking lot with orange cones.

Not ALL races can be a "10" in F1. Do you think this many people thought it was a snooze fest?
2z9mdjd.png
I should've guessed that the number one IndyCar hater rides to the scene in his shiny armor and defends the honor of his precious F1 with his mighty keyboard while slashing the IndyCar and its fans to the oblivion. Rawwr! :roflmao:

Whatever mate, if this gets you ticking, who am I to judge. I really don't care and I don't see motorsports in general worth of arguing or that liking different disciplines is somekind of zero sum game, where being a fan of one prevents from liking the some other. You clearly do, so continue by all means. Meanwhile I will just wait the Long Beach GP to start ;)

And to answer your question, I really don't know or care if all or any of those people tought the race was a snoozefest. Do you? Then what? All I know that clearly quite many in reddit Formula 1 subreddit pointed out the boringness of the race. Racefans.net vote also shows quite poor overall rating for the race:
https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/14/rate-the-race-2019-chinese-grand-prix/

Make what you will out of that. Bye.

Ferrari... a name that I associate with racing... except when it comes to F1 over the last few years. If they want to make any chance on the drivers WC, they would let Leclerc race. It’s the 2nd time Leclerc got a team order against him this season and in Bahrein he was very unlucky and should have won the race. Leclerc should at least be 2nd in the drivers WC now.
And RBR has again not build a fast enough car at the beginning of the season to challenge Mercedes. At least Max is scoring more points than last year in the first 3 races, but RBR has to improve soon, if Max is going to play any role in the drivers WC this year.

How much did Ferrari/LeClerc pay for the constant TV and broadcast coverage they got? Until lap 46 the announcer's and camera crew's stayed locked on that combo.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back