Formula One: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix

Bottas blending over to let Lewis past (makes sense Bottas isn't as fast as Lewis) means we get a dull race at the front as the best driver is in the best car....

He blew his start, the same as Lewis did in the first race. If that's all that separates these two, the season could go to the wire.

It is not word game. This is Formula One: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix topic and let`s keep it that way ;)
I know :thumbsup: I'm just sad that instead of about racing only discussion is about Ferrari's team orders and Merc-Hamilton favoritism. So trying to cheerup the mood. :D I mean although race was boring, and real representative of F1, there were still Max-Vettel, Kimi-Grosjean, Leclerc-Bottas, Albon-Everyone, Kyat-Stewards...:)

There is a huge difference between not giving the keys of the team to a youngster, which is quite normal, and asking him 3 times in 3 races to give way to Vettel when the German is obviously not in great form.
I'd still wonder if there isn't an agreement somewhere about supporting Vettel for the title. It would be very annoying to put in all the hard yards with Ferrari for them to turn around and let the new lad take all the glory.

Leclerk is going to go on and become a world champion, I have no doubt of that. This could be Vettels last chance at winning another one. So I have sympathy for Vettels position. I suppose the bottom line is if Leclerk is just faster there's not much they can do about it.

They could also have pitted Leclerc when Gasly did his pit to gain that extra point. There was enough gap between the 2 for Leclerc to do it. Am certain he would have done a faster lap than Gasly and scored an extra point but whatever lol. Everyone knew because of predictions that Leclerc would not be able to catch Max (unless Safety car) in the last 10 laps. Yes, Ferrari made themselves look like fools in this China GP.

This could be Vettels last chance at winning another one. So I have sympathy for Vettels position.
Just hold your breath: Vettel is NOT going to win another WC anymore.
He's over the top and a 'has been'. Ferrari should favor Leclerc over Vettel.
He's young, hungry and way quicker than Vettel. He's their next WC and actually he would've been in a better position in the overall standings if he hadn't been teamordered twice and having an engine failure.
Ferrari is making a huge mistake chosing for Vettel. Just wait and see...

Mercedes and Hamilton: it's lonely at the top.

Mercedes and Hamilton: it's lonely at the top.
You know if you look at power and excitement of F1 metaphorically, last 10 years F1 is more like Alps, while 30-40 years ago it was like Himalayas. So, while you are right that Merc and Lewis are lonely at the top now, they still are not at the highest top.:rolleyes: But that is not 100% their fault, it's whole combination of FIA/rules/internet/social media/training/technology/data. ;)

Just hold your breath: Vettel is NOT going to win another WC anymore.
He's over the top and a 'has been'. Ferrari should favor Leclerc over Vettel.
He's young, hungry and way quicker than Vettel.
I am a big supporter of the young lads in F1, I think the cars have just moved on and the young lads are better able to understand them, their lack of fear is incredible. I think every driver over the age of 25 should be worried, it's like any other sport now, it's a young mans game.

Having said that I like Vettel, I feel sorry for him and Alonso having the talent to fight for a win but not having the car and only getting the car when it's a tad too late.

I don't think Ferrari can beat Mercedes this year with Vettel or Leclerk. So Leclerk isn't really going to lose anything other than 3rd place in the championship to Vettel. So I say let Vettel have another shot at it, it's a long shot anyway and maybe next year look for another young lad to replace Vettel.

Having said that I like Vettel, I feel sorry for him
So do I, but that doesn't count in topsport. Only the best can win and Vettel simply isn't the best anymore, just pointing at Bahrain and last year's mistakes.
I don't think Ferrari can beat Mercedes this year with Vettel or Leclerk. So Leclerk isn't really going to lose anything other than 3rd place in the championship to Vettel.
I don't think so either, but Ferrari already made a statement to Vettel by replacing Raikkonen for Leclerc. So let Leclerc have that 3rd place; he deserves it.
If Vettel wants to be driver #1, he better act the part or else Ferrari's got Mick Schumacher in the waitingroom.
Merc and Lewis are lonely at the top now, they still are not at the highest top.
I hope Hamilton outperformes Michael Schumacher and wins 8 WCs.
He's an incredible driver ... at an incredible team of course.
New F1 history is in the making, just enjoy it.

Last edited:
I do not think Valteiri let Lewis past at the start.

Well it doesn't really matter how they do it, but was it last season at Brazil they gave Lewis the faster engine.
All it would take is giving Bottas 10bhp less. Bottas would still be faster than Ferrari and Red Bull over a race distance.
Anyone thinks that team mates means the same car is living in cuckoo land.... just ask any of Micheal's team mates... or Weber if Red Bull hadn't paid him to never tell..

[QUOTE="TomcatMF, post: 2954510, member: 177280"
Mercedes are just firing on all cylinders right now. They almost never make stupid mistakes anymore. It seems they have really worked out everything to a science. [/QUOTE]

Yes it's almost as if they have won the last 5 world constructors championships isn't it....??

I hope Hamilton outperformes Michael Schumacher and wins 8 WCs.
He's an incredible driver ... at an incredible team of course.
New F1 history is in the making, just enjoy it.
For me personally, every new generation in every sport MUST be better than previous one. Just because there is more knowledge, and better trainings. And that is why I will never compare Hamilton to Schumacher, Schumacher to Senna, Senna to Clark... They are all the best in their generations.:thumbsup: As for numbers and statistics, you know what they say. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.