• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Formula One: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Valtteri Bottas

11.2%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

24.5%
  3. Max Verstappen

6.9%
  4. Charles Leclerc

23.9%
  5. Sebastian Vettel

17.3%
  6. Kimi Raikkonen

1.7%
  7. Lando Norris

0.9%
  8. Kevin Magnussen

0.3%
  9. Nico Hulkenberg

0.3%
  10. Pierre Gasly

0.3%
  11. Lance Stroll

0.6%
  12. Alex Albon

3.7%
  13. Daniil Kvyat

0.3%
  14. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Antonio Giovinazzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. George Russell

0.6%
  17. Robert Kubica

5.5%
  18. Daniel Ricciardo

1.2%
  19. Carlos Sainz

0.9%
  1. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +197
    He blew his start, the same as Lewis did in the first race. If that's all that separates these two, the season could go to the wire.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +875
    I know :thumbsup: I'm just sad that instead of about racing only discussion is about Ferrari's team orders and Merc-Hamilton favoritism. So trying to cheerup the mood. :D I mean although race was boring, and real representative of F1, there were still Max-Vettel, Kimi-Grosjean, Leclerc-Bottas, Albon-Everyone, Kyat-Stewards...:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero

Ratings:
    +74
    and sometimes there is also "Valterri, It's James" which separates Lewis and Valtteri :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Turk

Turk

Ratings:
    +303
    I'd still wonder if there isn't an agreement somewhere about supporting Vettel for the title. It would be very annoying to put in all the hard yards with Ferrari for them to turn around and let the new lad take all the glory.

Leclerk is going to go on and become a world champion, I have no doubt of that. This could be Vettels last chance at winning another one. So I have sympathy for Vettels position. I suppose the bottom line is if Leclerk is just faster there's not much they can do about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero

Ratings:
    +74
    Indeed, last year it was " Kimi, this is Jock" and end of the video below made me to laugh :roflmao:

Look this one at 3:03 Seb & Kimi :O_o:

Now it is " Charles this is Jock" :speechless:

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Pheebau

Pheebau
    Track racer Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    They could also have pitted Leclerc when Gasly did his pit to gain that extra point. There was enough gap between the 2 for Leclerc to do it. Am certain he would have done a faster lap than Gasly and scored an extra point but whatever lol. Everyone knew because of predictions that Leclerc would not be able to catch Max (unless Safety car) in the last 10 laps. Yes, Ferrari made themselves look like fools in this China GP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. keto95

keto95

Ratings:
    +89
    Just hold your breath: Vettel is NOT going to win another WC anymore.
    He's over the top and a 'has been'. Ferrari should favor Leclerc over Vettel.
    He's young, hungry and way quicker than Vettel. He's their next WC and actually he would've been in a better position in the overall standings if he hadn't been teamordered twice and having an engine failure.
    Ferrari is making a huge mistake chosing for Vettel. Just wait and see...

Mercedes and Hamilton: it's lonely at the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +875
    You know if you look at power and excitement of F1 metaphorically, last 10 years F1 is more like Alps, while 30-40 years ago it was like Himalayas. So, while you are right that Merc and Lewis are lonely at the top now, they still are not at the highest top.:rolleyes: But that is not 100% their fault, it's whole combination of FIA/rules/internet/social media/training/technology/data. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turk

Turk

Ratings:
    +303
    I am a big supporter of the young lads in F1, I think the cars have just moved on and the young lads are better able to understand them, their lack of fear is incredible. I think every driver over the age of 25 should be worried, it's like any other sport now, it's a young mans game.

Having said that I like Vettel, I feel sorry for him and Alonso having the talent to fight for a win but not having the car and only getting the car when it's a tad too late.

I don't think Ferrari can beat Mercedes this year with Vettel or Leclerk. So Leclerk isn't really going to lose anything other than 3rd place in the championship to Vettel. So I say let Vettel have another shot at it, it's a long shot anyway and maybe next year look for another young lad to replace Vettel.

10. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +197
    Made me sick that did.

• Like Like x 1
  11. keto95

keto95

Ratings:
    +89
    So do I, but that doesn't count in topsport. Only the best can win and Vettel simply isn't the best anymore, just pointing at Bahrain and last year's mistakes.
    I don't think so either, but Ferrari already made a statement to Vettel by replacing Raikkonen for Leclerc. So let Leclerc have that 3rd place; he deserves it.
    If Vettel wants to be driver #1, he better act the part or else Ferrari's got Mick Schumacher in the waitingroom.
    I hope Hamilton outperformes Michael Schumacher and wins 8 WCs.
    He's an incredible driver ... at an incredible team of course.
    New F1 history is in the making, just enjoy it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. Stan Marlow

Stan Marlow

Ratings:
    +9
    Vetel was faster in China, Valteri letting Hamilton through at the start made him lose 3rd position.
    People hating team orders will be first to laugh at team mates crashing.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +73
    The Pre-Race hour was awesome!:)

14. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +197
    I do not think Valteiri let Lewis past at the start.

15. apex11

apex11
    Banned

Ratings:
    +510
    Well it doesn't really matter how they do it, but was it last season at Brazil they gave Lewis the faster engine.
    All it would take is giving Bottas 10bhp less. Bottas would still be faster than Ferrari and Red Bull over a race distance.
    Anyone thinks that team mates means the same car is living in cuckoo land.... just ask any of Micheal's team mates... or Weber if Red Bull hadn't paid him to never tell..

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. apex11

apex11
    Banned

Ratings:
    +510
    [QUOTE="TomcatMF, post: 2954510, member: 177280"
    Mercedes are just firing on all cylinders right now. They almost never make stupid mistakes anymore. It seems they have really worked out everything to a science. [/QUOTE]

Yes it's almost as if they have won the last 5 world constructors championships isn't it....??

17. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +175
    Summary of simracing lobbies by David Coulthard :

watch from 09:12 to 09:26

18. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +875
    For me personally, every new generation in every sport MUST be better than previous one. Just because there is more knowledge, and better trainings. And that is why I will never compare Hamilton to Schumacher, Schumacher to Senna, Senna to Clark... They are all the best in their generations.:thumbsup: As for numbers and statistics, you know what they say. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +2,559
    ...that Schumacher was a cheat?

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. keto95

keto95

Ratings:
    +89
    Exactly, Hamilton doesn't need that. That's why I rate him higher than Schumacher.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.