Formula One: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix

Max is Mad after Q3, so he will be 110% motivated, this Will be a very close GP!
Who will win?:whistling:

I have nothing against Max, but he said in the post qualifying interview that he will remember what others did to him that qualifying. I don't think I heard Vettel saying the same when Max crashed on him last year. Just saying, what goes around comes around.

I may not like it or particularly enjoy it, but it's looking really good for Merc. Max needs to pass Leclerc, and spinny Vettel before he can even have a go at any Merc. I doubt he will make it pass Leclerc. Charles have something to be angry about too for what happened to him last race.

Errrmmm..... well The Hulk is the most under rated F1 driver and stick him in a Merc or Ferrari and he could be very special...
Showing up Dan for sure....
Do you really think that...or are you just kidding?
Hulk has had lots of time learning every single system, button, etc...on that Renault chassis.
Do you really think it wouldn't take a driver...any driver, time to acclimatize to a new car?
Bottas is finally getting into his element with the Mercedes chassis...and I rate him a very good driver despite what others might believe.
It takes time to learn all the intricacies of any new car.

Max said he does RFactor2 endurance events on his YT channel in an interview so I'm gonna have to root for him this race.

Well, I'm pretty sure I raced with Lando Norris more than twice in iRacing FR2.0 years ago. Should I root for him? Yeah I like him, but I don't think he can win anytime soon.

Anyone's got a picture of the chopped off merc front wing after FIA deemed it illegal?
I was taking a look at this a few hours ago ,
the problem was not that S shape endplate itself. it was a front wing's horizontal flap (the upper one) , that its trailing end was exposed-naked without being attached to the endplate and it was outside of endplate's area , FIA said "no element on the frontwing can exists outside of endplate's shadow(when you look from sides). so they actually cut the end of that flap to fit it in the endplate shadow
the original design:
mercedes-amg-f1-w10-front-wing-1.jpg

revised one:
mercedes-amg-f1-w10-front-wing-1 (1).jpg

Photos by: Giorgio Piola

Last edited:
WILL KUBICA PULL OFF THE UPSET OF THE CENTURY AND WIN IN CHINA?!?!

11 RD members certainly think so. Stay tuned for more as this story unfolds. :D

I really think the probability of Bottas wiping that smug look off Hamilton's face might (just might) seduce me into watching effwun again. Perhaps.
:ninja:

Max complained that Vettel broke the 'unwritten' rule not to overtake just before a driver prepares for a final stint. Our Max and rules ;):p. Even qualilification is racing on the edge and a lot of rivalry. Some are more outspoken then others. Max is just like 'good old' Jos: Likes to share his emotions.
Smart? hmmm... Good for F1 marketing: absolutely

What was that after quali comment of Vettel about: "we know why"?
speculation:
- Ferrari drove without a real party mode. Although very fast on the straight?
- Mercedes had an advantage withthe Pirelli's and the tire pressure?

First a couple of strong coffee and then ENJOY the -hopefully spectacular- race.
What will happen this 1000th GP?

Max (i'm not a fan either) is head and shoulders above his Father.
Jos was a plonker, always #2 and a spear carrier, why else would he be a perpetual Schumacher #2?
His results speak loudly, just another gap filler, never a front man.
:roflmao:

I really like to see Ferrari continue suffering and bumbling because in my opinion they don't deserve to win. They were the only team complaining about the changes coming in 2021, actually threatening to leave the sport like some petulant whining child, but not only that they were the only team getting a guaranteed $100 million annually with additional bonuses, while teams like Manor languished in F1.

I actually hope that Ferrari does leave the sport to start their own series, I mean they haven't done anything in ten years anyway, and It would be worth it to see their giant egos stumble trying to do it.

Good job for Lewis off the start and winning F1s 1000th race - the man really is the chairman of the board.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 196 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years