Ford v Ferrari: Official Trailer Revealed

The Ferrari flying by at 53 secs just sounds like a bunch of air. WTF?

At first this seemed like some thing I'd like when he was talking about seeing the perfect lap at the beginning. Then it basically turned into America this, corporation that, we're going to achieve the impossible, we're so great, blah, blah, blah. Totally destroyed my impression of the movie. Definitely watching it but almost certainly not watching it in theatres.

Not to mention, it was Ford that was the huge, mega-rich corporation, not Ferrari. I also even heard that technically the Ford GT was in different, higher class than the Ferrari therefore it's not really fair to compare them (similiar but not exactly like GT3 VS GT2).

One last thing, I thought this movie was going to be 50% about Ferrari and their story and 50% Ford. It instead looks just like another Hollywood B.S. fantasy (prob filled with a bunch of half-truths if not straight-up lies about REAL history like Hollywood loves to do).

Now, what happened to that Robert DeNiro Enzo Ferrari movie he was in Maranello filming a couple years back? Cancelled?

Last edited:
Unless this is very, very good it will be another Hollywood crock!
Matt Damon looks nothing like the 'Chicken Farmer' while Christian Bale is a huge stretch to play Ken Miles!
As for the 'Underdog Ford Team'.................. they won in 1966 after failing miserably in 1964 through 1965, then only scoring the victory at LM with a new and bigger engine model.
And just FTR, this was NOT a 'GT40' it was the 'Ford MK.II'! Of course they won't mention Eric Broadley or even John Wyer.

I suppose this movie will be totally biased from the beginning to the end: we Americans are brave, authentic, play fair and work hard and finally prove our superiority over those evil European losers.

Ford was a car manufacturer selling millions of cars, backed by the government and able to invest billions in this selfish operation which had no other point than to shame Enzo Ferrari. Ferrari was a private GT car manufacturers, not backed by any investor, public or private, racing and competing at the time in F1, Sportscars, GTs and CanAms (later to be added F2, Mountain Hillclimb and Tasman Series).
Ferrari was David and Ford was Goliath, even though this movie will surely represent the parts inverted.
I think the point that this post misses is that Ferrari dominated European Sports Car racing for decades. Ford, was a newcomer, with little to no racing experience as a company. They wanted to enter this market because they were set to introduce a new "sports" car and wanted it to have some racing chops from a marketing perspective. After all, who would buy a Mustang from the company that built their dad's Fairlane instead of a Corvette? The mantra in the auto industry was becoming, "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" as a new younger generation of car buyers was beginning to boom (pun intended) in America. Ford knew that the best way to get racing success was to buy an operation that was already winning. Shaming Ferrari, after the acquisition deal went south, was only a happy side effect to getting the marketing coupe that they were looking for to sell their new car (and you can't deny that the Mustang benefited). After two failed attempts, the smack-down in 1966 was so complete that it forever altered Ferrari's will to compete in endurance racing.
I am not going to speculate on how this movie will frame the events from that era, but it is too wide ranging of a story to possibly cover it all. If it focuses on Shelby and Miles, that's a great story. If they throw in a dash of Ford's ire towards Ferrari - that's a nice piece of emotive plot line. If they re-create some historic races for the big screen, I'm likely to watch. I don't think anybody would sit through a movie about how a large corporation wanted to get their marketing just right for a product launch. As interesting as that is, it doesn't sell tickets like a story about a chicken farmer beating the "un-beatable". And Ferrari, even if small, was unbeatable having won 6 straight and 9 of the 17 post-war (WWII) runnings of Le Mans.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not hyped for this one. Another MURCA FIRST movie with fake history. Though it was Ford & Ferrari at even sizes like Rush movie. #FerrariFanHere.

Taken from the trailer I dont think I will care - at all.
The only thing missing from this Hollywood trailer is the mandatory speech of a US president telling people worldwide how US will save the world - as it allways has done:roflmao::roflmao:

I suppose this movie will be totally biased from the beginning to the end: we Americans are brave, authentic, play fair and work hard and finally prove our superiority over those evil European losers.

Maybe not. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the movie is based on "Go like Hell", a book that told how Ford beat Ferrari, when Ferrari was the undisputed master of Le Mans. And Ken Miles, one of the main characters, was British.Not to mention that the Ford team that won in 1966 included 3 drivers from New Zealand, one from the UK and two from the US. (I'm curious to see who will play Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon...)

Maybe not. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the movie is based on "Go like Hell", a book that told how Ford beat Ferrari, when Ferrari was the undisputed master of Le Mans. And Ken Miles, one of the main characters, was British.Not to mention that the Ford team that won in 1966 included 3 drivers from New Zealand, one from the UK and two from the US. (I'm curious to see who will play Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon...)
Regarding the book as basis for the movie - there seems to be a controversy. Obviously the credits to the book were wiped from the movie (it says "citation needed" however). Whatever that hails for the movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_v._Ferrari

Cast is already known: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
Bruce McLaren - Benjamin Rigby
Chris Amon - Brent Pontin

Nice Detail: Dan Gurney will be played by one of his sons, Alex Gurney.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.