Car Vs Car: Ferrari 330 P4 versus Ford (GT40) MkIV

It was a pointless d*ck-measuring contest between (let's be honest) two obnoxious, arrogant egomaniacs. It's not a story where there's a good guy vs. a bad guy. They were both awful. :unsure:

But hey, it resulted in a pair of spectacular cars. And they're both dead now. So we win. :D

(There's your harsh analysis...)

Last edited:
It was a pointless d*ck-measuring contest between (let's be honest) two obnoxious, egomaniacal a**holes. It's not a story where there's a good guy and a bad guy. They were both awful. :unsure:

But hey, it resulted in a pair of spectacular cars. And they're both dead now. So we win. :D

(There's your harsh analysis...)
Ill take power over looks 10/10 times so its the GT for me.:D

Close enough.
I mean I have a Ford - for real. :D

220px-153653_Ostberg02SWE16cm166.jpg

Ok, maybe I'm missing a sponsor here and there but you get it...

Ah, you said you have "one before that", thought you have MK2 and MK4.
I've got MK2 from Exoto, want to get one more. :inlove:

Too hard to choose one. If i was a pro and had driven both i would have a different opinion, but as a noob who never driven any of them i would be over the moon for any one of them.

The Ferrari of course.
The Mk.IV (It is NOT a GT40 at all!) only ran in two events.
While it won both they were never seen again in competition as were the back up Ford Mk.IIB series.
The small block GT40 was developed further by J. W. Automotive with great success wearing the iconic 'Gulf' colours.
This is replica of a 'GT40' built as closely as possible to the original while meeting current road registration engineering standards.

RR009572.JPG

Last edited:
Hard to call. I've never driven one. I doubt anyone here has. I also doubt that any racing sim or game that you can pretend-drive these cars in, either as standard, or as a mod, has ever come close to the reality of driving either of them. I even bet that the cars differ in performance and handling from game to game, as the physics are all someone's interpretation of the real world, and there doesn't seem to be a general standard or physics set used across all games, otherwise you'd be able to jump from sim/game to sim/game and see the cars handle the same...

Going on looks alone, I'd say the GT IV, there's something about it, that to me, looks cleaner, more slick. But that's not to say that I don't like the look of the 330 either.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as a hollow victory. (Especially here, since it wasn't raw horsepower that won Le Mans for Ford in '67. The MkIVs ran that race at ~7 tenths.)

They could race at 7/10ths, because they had so much horsepower. So didn't have to push so hard. So were much more reliable. No?

Taking a year off in protest is hardly giving up. 312P, 512S, 512M, 312PB, the Scuderia prototypes which followed the P4. Ferrari "gave up" works prototype racing in 1972 supposedly to focus on F1. Just sayin.
They took the rest of the century off, at Le Mans at least (not that they've been back in this century either).

Last edited:
Ah, you said you have "one before that", thought you have MK2 and MK4.
I've got MK2 from Exoto, want to get one more. :inlove:
My Exoto is bigger than your Exoto (I sprung for the supersized 1:12). I gotta admit, tho, the 330...both open and 'tin top'...are sexier looking.

Last edited:
My Exoto is bigger than your Exoto (I sprung for the supersized 1:12). I gotta admit, tho, the 330...both open and 'tin top'...are sexier looking.
Wish i had more space! (well, and money :p)
GMP was making nice gt40's and Cobras in 1:12 too.
As for 1/18ths - shame there's no good diecast of 330. Yes there is GMP with offroad suspension, weird rivets all over the body and completely wrong nose. And then there are some overpriced resin stuff.

In my opinion, the winner comes down to what track. The GT40 has the top end, for sure.. while the 330p corners and handles curvy tracks better and faster.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%