• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Ford v Ferrari: Official Trailer Revealed

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,602
    The official trailer for the intriguing looking 'Ford v. Ferrari' movie is here - and it looks spectacular.

Set to release this November 15th, 20th Century Fox have engaged some big name Hollywood celebrity actors to star in a brand new motorsport themed movie about the now legendary fight between Ford and Ferrari during the heyday of sportscar racing - the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale as Carrol Shelby and driver Ken Miles, the movie aims to dramatize the dramatic battle between the then underdog Ford team against the might of Ferrari at the greatest endurance race in the world.

Motorsport themed movies have been a bit hit and miss in recent years, but with the fairly recent strong positive reactions of the Hunt vs Lauda film still firmly ringing in the ears of Hollywood, perhaps this upcoming release could be another visual delight for fans of the history of our wonderful hobby...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Love Love x 20
    • Like Like x 7
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. simon2002

simon2002

Ratings:
    +2
    Only one sentence to describe this:

This better be good.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,935
    high hopes for this one :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Ratings:
    +76
    Just keep the CGI to minimum, please.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  5. EduCalza

EduCalza

Ratings:
    +38
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

awesome.

6. walken

walken

Ratings:
    +58
    Great battle!!! More movies like this!

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,057
    matt damon ... that clinches it for me

8. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +564
    Was expecting a bit more of a dual story that included Ferrari, but that's not a complaint; I'm happy this is being done and it looks like it'll be a decent movie. Rush didn't completely clean the sour taste left by Driven, but it did at least restore some hope for decent racing movies being made again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +108
    Cool! When I worked as an extra on SNL recently it was for the Kavanaugh scene who was supposed to be played by Paul Rudd but then we seen Damon in the halls and boom Damon played Kavanaugh who nailed it. He had flown in from filming to be on SNL. We passed each other in the halls and Damon took a swig of his beer as walking to set. I didn't know about this film then but wish I had known to maybe talk to him about it for at least a second. I almost called him Jason at the time :D

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. NDG

NDG
    Non Dangerous Guy Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    Ah, Jimmy Kimmel will not like this one!

On a serious note, well... This movie will make Ferrari something like a push over, especially that the same thing is happening right now in F1... Like whoever decides they wanna beat them, as long as they have cash, then they can? Yeah something like that...

11. leon_90

leon_90
    Columnist for RaceDepartment Staff

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Ford was a car manufacturer selling millions of cars, backed by the government and able to invest billions in this selfish operation which had no other point than to shame Enzo Ferrari. Ferrari was a private GT car manufacturers, not backed by any investor, public or private, racing and competing at the time in F1, Sportscars, GTs and CanAms (later to be added F2, Mountain Hillclimb and Tasman Series).
    Ferrari was David and Ford was Goliath, even though this movie will surely represent the parts inverted.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. kevin kennedy

kevin kennedy

Ratings:
    +76
    Mod edit: This is not in compliance with our Terms of Service. Topics that are likely to create conflict and division on the grounds of race, religion, political views and cultures are not permitted under any circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lentoveloz

Lentoveloz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    The beginning of the Ford GT40 MK II' world glory. This movie will be welcome.

14. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,016
    Looking forward to this movies, I have really high hopes, I loved the book "Go like Hell" from A.J. Baime, so i can say i'm really excited for this movie, i hope they don't mess it up! :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. G_B

G_B

Ratings:
    +4
    And now... a movie with Madness Engine and physic lol

Seriously, most of movies with Christian Bale are good

16. Michel Forest

Michel Forest

Ratings:
    +40
    I read the book « Go like Hell » a few years ago. I believe the movie is based on that book. If you haven’t read it yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up. A fascinating story about the glory days of Le Mans. I hope the movie is as good as the book.

Also, great vintage looking poster for the movie.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  17. larre90

larre90

Ratings:
    +82
    Driven 2 confirmed.

• Haha Haha x 3
  18. Michel Forest

Michel Forest

Ratings:
    +40
    Most likely, since the movie is based on « Go like Hell », a book about how Ford eventually beat Ferrari. Still, it’s an amazing racing story and with characters like Ken Miles and Caroll Shelby, you can’t go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PaulH

PaulH

Ratings:
    +935
    Goosebumps!.... :geek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Highbank

Highbank

Ratings:
    +19
    Willow Springs all over that trailer, I understand Alex Gurney is playing his Pappy in this too

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.