Ford v Ferrari: Official Trailer Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The official trailer for the intriguing looking 'Ford v. Ferrari' movie is here - and it looks spectacular.

Set to release this November 15th, 20th Century Fox have engaged some big name Hollywood celebrity actors to star in a brand new motorsport themed movie about the now legendary fight between Ford and Ferrari during the heyday of sportscar racing - the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale as Carrol Shelby and driver Ken Miles, the movie aims to dramatize the dramatic battle between the then underdog Ford team against the might of Ferrari at the greatest endurance race in the world.

Motorsport themed movies have been a bit hit and miss in recent years, but with the fairly recent strong positive reactions of the Hunt vs Lauda film still firmly ringing in the ears of Hollywood, perhaps this upcoming release could be another visual delight for fans of the history of our wonderful hobby...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Was expecting a bit more of a dual story that included Ferrari, but that's not a complaint; I'm happy this is being done and it looks like it'll be a decent movie. Rush didn't completely clean the sour taste left by Driven, but it did at least restore some hope for decent racing movies being made again.

Cool! When I worked as an extra on SNL recently it was for the Kavanaugh scene who was supposed to be played by Paul Rudd but then we seen Damon in the halls and boom Damon played Kavanaugh who nailed it. He had flown in from filming to be on SNL. We passed each other in the halls and Damon took a swig of his beer as walking to set. I didn't know about this film then but wish I had known to maybe talk to him about it for at least a second. I almost called him Jason at the time :D

Ah, Jimmy Kimmel will not like this one!

On a serious note, well... This movie will make Ferrari something like a push over, especially that the same thing is happening right now in F1... Like whoever decides they wanna beat them, as long as they have cash, then they can? Yeah something like that...

dramatic battle between the then underdog Ford team against the might of Ferrari

Ford was a car manufacturer selling millions of cars, backed by the government and able to invest billions in this selfish operation which had no other point than to shame Enzo Ferrari. Ferrari was a private GT car manufacturers, not backed by any investor, public or private, racing and competing at the time in F1, Sportscars, GTs and CanAms (later to be added F2, Mountain Hillclimb and Tasman Series).
Ferrari was David and Ford was Goliath, even though this movie will surely represent the parts inverted.

Mod edit: This is not in compliance with our Terms of Service. Topics that are likely to create conflict and division on the grounds of race, religion, political views and cultures are not permitted under any circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the book « Go like Hell » a few years ago. I believe the movie is based on that book. If you haven’t read it yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up. A fascinating story about the glory days of Le Mans. I hope the movie is as good as the book.

Also, great vintage looking poster for the movie.

Last edited:
Ford was a car manufacturer selling millions of cars, backed by the government and able to invest billions in this selfish operation which had no other point than to shame Enzo Ferrari. Ferrari was a private GT car manufacturers, not backed by any investor, public or private, racing and competing at the time in F1, Sportscars, GTs and CanAms (later to be added F2, Mountain Hillclimb and Tasman Series).
Ferrari was David and Ford was Goliath, even though this movie will surely represent the parts inverted.

Most likely, since the movie is based on « Go like Hell », a book about how Ford eventually beat Ferrari. Still, it’s an amazing racing story and with characters like Ken Miles and Caroll Shelby, you can’t go wrong.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 130 13.7%