• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Finland and Greece Headline DiRT 2.0 Season 3 & 4 DLC

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 12, 2019.

1. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +595
    Yes ! And better make it gluten free !!! }=)
    What a comparison. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    And your out here trying defend this game with a ridiculous comparison of bread. I rest my case your honor.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +206
    How many of the naysayers have actually tried DR2? I was on the fence myself until I picked it up in the Steam summer sale and got ever so slightly addicted :redface: You know Steam Refund is a thing, it's almost like "try before you buy"... :whistling:

As it happens, DR2.0 is 50% off on Steam until August 27th, so now's not a bad time for those on the fence to give it a try for a couple of hours! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    Funny, here I thought that physical items in the real world such as bread cannot be copy-pasted infinitely for free, unlike virtual in-game stuff. You learn something new every day.

I wonder why they have not solved world hunger yet? I mean, they could just gift one million loaves of bread to everyone, the same way Codies gave one million credits to players. Seeing as bread is the same as in-game stuff.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +206
    Solving world hunger with spontaneously duplicating consumable content? Is Codies suddenly the second coming of Jesus or is this thread on one heck of a wild ride? :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    Context, mate, context. Was trying to point of how silly that bread comparison is since it ignores the tiny difference between finite physical items and infinite virtual items.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +243
    Since we're just speculating about how much effort is put in to things, I speculate that there is as much work being done updating a country and its stage length to DR2 as Kunos did to any of the the circuits that is both in AC and ACC. Oh wait, they probably did go back and laserscan the circuit again and model every single asset again, they wouldn't use anything from previous projects would they? Geez, that would be robbery. I feel offended. Should I call the police?

You get no tire slip on the snow in Monte? Interesting. You must have super tires or something.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,487
    I think we may worn the "good value/rip off" discussion a bit thin by now gents.
    In fact I seem to recall the same one in previous DR 2.0 dlc threads.
    So as we head for 90 posts in, maybe make it more about the merits of the tracks, for those who've come to the thread hoping to find that out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +971
    Yes, I personally hoped they would recycle tracks from DR1, but improve / remaster the visual look of the stages for DR2...and they have in my opinion:) so more than happy.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +971
    While you are in fact right about paying twice:), I feel Codemasters are appealing to NEW customers to the Dirt Rally 2 franchise, making DR2 a more complete and attractive game compared to DR1....it's just business.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Thing is, what can you even say? Especially when people think it's "recycled content that should've been included in the first place"?

All the "recycled content" stages have been transformed in DR2 compared to their DR1 counterparts, be it visually (sunset in Wales is probably my favorite so far, some of the spots just look amazing and have great atmosphere), but, even more importantly, the driving is just on a completely different level, be it due to physics, the improved FFB, the road deformation...

I can't wait for the updated Greece and Finland. I've always liked both countries a lot in DR, so they should be quite something when they receive the DR2 treatment. Especially Finland without the Moon gravity should be awesome. It is bound to be the ultimate Ouninpohja simracing experience (well, except for the length).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Caton XII

Caton XII

Ratings:
    +60
    So fallacious ! ^^
    And all the Monte-Carlo stages in all portions are on snow in this game (because in real, It happened some years !) !?

Yeah, the song remains always the same about this game (and DLC) because the opinions are mixed... as usual with a fuzzy game.

13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,487
    That did occur to me as well, but I thought it was getting a little bit heated, and I would imagine that sides have been chosen and we could end up with even more pages regurgitating the same arguments in an increasingly aggressive manner.
    So let's just say it's a preemptive strike on my part.:whistling:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +181
    It would be nice to have a DLC allowing any car and track combination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Yeah, like I said, I quite like the sunset setting in Wales.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +68
    How did you get such good camera angles? Is there some sort of photo mode?

17. Rallycameraman

Rallycameraman

Ratings:
    +60
    I’ve never seen such a bunch of cry babies in one place before.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  18. Rallycameraman

Rallycameraman

Ratings:
    +60
    I too can’t wait for Finland and Greece, as well as a brand new kit car and the 206 WRC! Finland with DR2 physics will be so much better than the original!

I drove one of the Greece stages with the Fiesta R5 when beta testing for DR2 and it felt so much better than DR1.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Iwan Jones

Iwan Jones

Ratings:
    +1
    was it only me that got excited about the mention of Killarney an d thinking Irish tarmac?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.