DiRT Rally 2.0 Finland and Greece Headline DiRT 2.0 Season 3 & 4 DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 New DLC 1.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the next wave of content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0.

Headlined as the 'Season Three & Four' DLC expansion packs, the latest batch of post-release content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0 represents a fine mix of old and new, with both the traditional point-to-point rally stages and the FIA World Rallycross Championship set to be well represented within the game.

Season Three will begin from August 27th and is set to contain the returning and refreshed rally events in Greece and Finland, plus the debut of the Yas Marina WRX venue alongside the usual mix of new cars and liveries - details of which can be seen below.

• Week 1: SUBARU Impreza (2001), Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • Week 3: Argolis Greece, Special Livery Pack
  • Week 5: Peugeot 306 Maxi, Seat Ibiza Kit Car
  • Week 7: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, Special Livery Pack
  • Week 9: Peugeot 206 Rally, Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
  • Week 11: Jämsä Finland, Special Livery Pack

Once all that new content has dropped, Season Four will begin on November 19th and looks set to heavily focus on the World Rallycross portion of the title, we a new venue based in South Africa joining up with the returning and popular Lydden Hill circuit.

• Week 1: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
  • Week 3: Lydden Hill, UK, Special Livery Pack
  • Week 5: Renault Clio R.S. RX, Renault Megane R.S. RX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8), Special Livery Pack
  • Week 9: Peugeot 208 WRX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD)
  • Week 11: Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5, Audi S1 EKS RX quattro, Seat Ibiza RX, Special Livery Pack
DiRT 2.0 New DLC 2.jpg

“It’s been six months since we launched DiRT Rally 2.0 and the response from our community has been really positive,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “We spend a lot of time listening to our players and we’re delighted to bring them remastered classics alongside new vehicles and locations to give them a completely new experience.

Seasons Three and Four are a perfect blend of classic and new with the likes of Greece and Finland which were established on the original DiRT Rally, through to new RX circuits in Abu Dhabi and South Africa. There is so much variety that will appeal to old and new players alike. We’re also delighted to update the FIA World Rallycross Championship with new 2019 vehicles as well as bodywork and livery updates.”

Players will have the opportunity to purchase Seasons Three and Four and each piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Can anyone answer a few Dirt Rally 2 questions?
Can you navigate easily across screens and options on the PC version? Last,years F1 title was horrible .... Console navigation controls on a pc.

Can you use triple screens effectively? I dont think there is native support but can you scale resolution like an ACC at least?

How is the ffb at this point?

I’d like to know too please! I haven’t picked this up yet as I’m not the worlds biggest rally fan, preferring standard circuit racing, and having been put off by the comments about poor FFB. Has that improved at all? I’m fussy about how a sim “feels” so if the FFB is lackluster, it’s probably not for me.

Looking forward to the remastered visuals of Greece and Finland and if they are as good as the remastered Wales was, I personally will be very happy:D.....even though I will possibly have to purchase them again through DLC, oh well,such is life...LOL

I agree... why do folks whine when the old content isn't included... and then whine when it is included as DLC. Guys, do you work for nothing? How many think they could simply add it to the game without honing it to fit the new 2.0 version.

I'm glad to see it... funny how folks will spend hundreds on a wheel and then hundreds more on a set of pedals... and then bitch about 20 bucks to use those accessories....! Some of you guys really are the entertainment.

I’d like to know too please! I haven’t picked this up yet as I’m not the worlds biggest rally fan, preferring standard circuit racing, and having been put off by the comments about poor FFB. Has that improved at all? I’m fussy about how a sim “feels” so if the FFB is lackluster, it’s probably not for me.
Don't get put off by comments, the people commenting on DR2 stuff on the internet are one of the worst whiners you're likely to meet that will sour the game for almost anyone. Try it out yourself (you can get refund on Steam if you return a game before you played it for more than two hours).

Also, bear in mind that while some people keep complaining about the FFB, some of us are absolutely fine with it. I still maintain it's a noticeable improvement over DR1 in what it actually tells you about what the car is doing and is perfectly comparable to other sims. Most people who complain are basically complaining about the fact there's less fake FFB effects in DR2 compared to 1, and that jumps don't give them as strong jolt in the steering as they would like.

I agree... why do folks whine when the old content isn't included... and then whine when it is included as DLC. Guys, do you work for nothing? How many think they could simply add it to the game without honing it to fit the new 2.0 version.

I'm glad to see it... funny how folks will spend hundreds on a wheel and then hundreds more on a set of pedals... and then bitch about 20 bucks to use those accessories....! Some of you guys really are the entertainment.

In the hope you actually wanted an answer to this; It's not about the 20. It's about the idea that Dirt 2.0 pushes forward and if it's succesful, others will do the same and then ALL of us will have to spend even more to get even basic content in ALL racing games. Which will cost everyone a lot more money, but by then the stage has been set and won't be reversed. They could easily have created (strange word these days) new content and not have recycled old stages and sell them off as something earthshattering amazing.

Now I understand that not everyone understands those lengths without it ever being explained to them, but do you maybe understand better now why it's actually more than a nuisance? So please, think again of the people you define as "entertainment", they might just be trying to make sure that although you can't see error, you won't have to deal with the consequences.

Kunos will release the 2019 Blancpain season in a DLC for free...just to compare.

Can anyone answer a few Dirt Rally 2 questions?
Can you navigate easily across screens and options on the PC version? Last,years F1 title was horrible .... Console navigation controls on a pc.
The UI is a bit console-ish perhaps (after all, consoles are the biggest market share in most game genres.. so it makes business sense to design for that), but you can navigate both with steering wheel (gamepad) or mouse. Some of the options are really hard to find though, it's not the most intuitive UI.

Not my upload, but found this series of pictures about the UI: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/W28Qd2

My opinion on this announcement is I'll buy season 3, but going to pass on season 4. Not huge on Rally-cross and modern WRX cars. Would have liked if they have included a totally new rally location within season 4!

But nice inclusions of the late 90s/early 2000's cars and I've been aching since this came out for Finland with the new physics.

I can actually give slight props to CM for not splitting the rehashed rally content over both seasons. Want rally? Buy pack 3. Want RX? Buy pack 4.

But, what most people that complain about the complainers miss is this. We are HARD UP for rally content worth driving in sim racing. It's not always about the bottom line in terms of spending money. It's about principals, for me. Also, perhaps even more egregious, is the fact that we'd GLADLY pay for the DLC if it were lovingly created, fresh content. I was hype af when they announced DR 2.0 AND the introduction of DLC. I thought, what a great way to expand the lacking content of the base games, in terms of pure kilometers driven. After the reveal of the rehashed stages, my interest plummeted. Dirt Rally got me into sim racing. Literally bought the G25 for that game. My interest waned because it just seemed like same old CM doing as little as humanly possible while still having something to make money from.

We can choose to buy or not buy the DLC. What we cannot choose is somewhere else to get a good rally sim experience with fresh new content. That's the disappointing bit.

I got DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition for 33,99 EUR and I'm more than happy that Codemasters "recycles" old tracks from DiRT Rally.
DiRT Rally 2.0 is a different/new game in my opinion.
I find the "2.0" to be justified by the changes (mostly the feeling of the cars on different surfaces and the track adaption, or how it is called in english).

I had purchased the FIFA series over ten years - year after year after year.
The same with the NBA 2k series.
Maybe you call me dumb because I have spent so much money on these games but I just wanted to have and play the latest version - so I paid for it. I knew and I know that the changes are small and some may just called it a roster update but if I see new animations and experience improved gameplay I am happy with my purchase. For a couple of years I am always one year behind by the way, because I don't want to pay 40 EUR for the new game or a newer version of the game. So I wait until a sale comes up and then I buy the newer version of the game - or I just skip one version. (I'm not that impatient anymore as when I was younger.)

But to come back to DiRT:
Everyone knew from the beginning that DiRT Rally 2.0 would "recycle" old tracks and sell them as DLC. You may find that "unethic" but on the other side you are not forced to buy the new game or the new version. Or you just wait for a sale and buy it much cheaper (as I did).

They could easily have created (strange word these days) new content and not have recycled old stages and sell them off as something earthshattering amazing.

Define "easily"?

They did create as many new locations as in DR1. If they would have opted to have 12 completely new locations over the 6 at launch, how far would that have pushed the release? A year? More? I can assure you creating these stages from scratch takes shitloads of man hours. They have budgets to keep within, and 6 completely new location is where it got them(plus new RX circuits).

They opted to add the original beloved 6 DR1 locations on top of that, they are most def not any copy/paste jobs either, to add as optional DLC for those who want them at a very fair price.

Those old stages are by far easier to port back then add new locations since they are finished. While the old stages are considerably updated in this game with better visuals and also better driving physics.

The dlc aren’t too expensive for me as I find it to be priced reasonably. $6 isn’t too bad for upgraded stages as a dlc. If you enjoy those stages, you can buy them. If you hate them in DR1, it’s fine to skip them too. It is also unreasonable for them to build new stages for the price tag of $6 per dlc. These long stages are quite expensive and time consuming to produce.

Still, I’ll pay $15 for some new stages. This game is pretty awesome so I’m quite happy to pay for the dlc.

I am getting pissed off this fu*** game, with my Rift S and my high performance system (i9/TitanXP...) i have very bad performance under steamvr and i read that the oculus home edition runs perfectly... so i have to buy this sh*** again on oculus home to drive it smoothly... this is a big scam!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back