DiRT Rally 2.0 Finland and Greece Headline DiRT 2.0 Season 3 & 4 DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 New DLC 1.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the next wave of content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0.

Headlined as the 'Season Three & Four' DLC expansion packs, the latest batch of post-release content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0 represents a fine mix of old and new, with both the traditional point-to-point rally stages and the FIA World Rallycross Championship set to be well represented within the game.

Season Three will begin from August 27th and is set to contain the returning and refreshed rally events in Greece and Finland, plus the debut of the Yas Marina WRX venue alongside the usual mix of new cars and liveries - details of which can be seen below.

• Week 1: SUBARU Impreza (2001), Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • Week 3: Argolis Greece, Special Livery Pack
  • Week 5: Peugeot 306 Maxi, Seat Ibiza Kit Car
  • Week 7: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, Special Livery Pack
  • Week 9: Peugeot 206 Rally, Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
  • Week 11: Jämsä Finland, Special Livery Pack

Once all that new content has dropped, Season Four will begin on November 19th and looks set to heavily focus on the World Rallycross portion of the title, we a new venue based in South Africa joining up with the returning and popular Lydden Hill circuit.

• Week 1: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
  • Week 3: Lydden Hill, UK, Special Livery Pack
  • Week 5: Renault Clio R.S. RX, Renault Megane R.S. RX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8), Special Livery Pack
  • Week 9: Peugeot 208 WRX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD)
  • Week 11: Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5, Audi S1 EKS RX quattro, Seat Ibiza RX, Special Livery Pack
DiRT 2.0 New DLC 2.jpg

“It’s been six months since we launched DiRT Rally 2.0 and the response from our community has been really positive,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “We spend a lot of time listening to our players and we’re delighted to bring them remastered classics alongside new vehicles and locations to give them a completely new experience.

Seasons Three and Four are a perfect blend of classic and new with the likes of Greece and Finland which were established on the original DiRT Rally, through to new RX circuits in Abu Dhabi and South Africa. There is so much variety that will appeal to old and new players alike. We’re also delighted to update the FIA World Rallycross Championship with new 2019 vehicles as well as bodywork and livery updates.”

Players will have the opportunity to purchase Seasons Three and Four and each piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

If you already have all the stages and cars in DR, don't buy these, why complain?

Wish dirt trucks from D4 could make it into DR2, would be a hoot in VR.

@Troy Barman :
I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe (i.e. all DLCs included) a few weeks ago for 33,99 EUR and I do not feel ripped off because it feels very differently when you take the same car and track of DiRT Rally and drive it in the new game.
You could use Steam refund to try DiRT Rally 2.0 by yourself.
I felt like you before - that was the reason I was waiting for summer sale.

No, it really is not the same. There is a pretty big difference between having the same real-world tracks in a circuit racing game as opposed to rally game. In circuit racing you memorize the track so knowing the track is the opposite of a problem. In rally you are supposed to rely on your co-driver, a key aspect of rallying which goes down the toilet when you have played a stage to death and know it from memory. That is why Codies should be making new stages rather than re-selling old ones. Though they won't since for some reason players are happy to re-buy DR1 stages.

Also the cars and tracks in ACC are not ported from AC, they are completely re-made for a new game. The DR2 stages are ported from DR1 with some small updates. Try to understand the difference between the same virtual content, and an entirely new creation of the same real-life content.

A third reason why it's not the same is that in ACC the content "shared" with AC is in the base game, in Dirt Rally 2.0 it's paid DLC.

Then, you get people complaining that they liked the old stages. How you get around with that?

I highly doubt Kunos will scrap the entire Spa assets and remake everything from scratch for ACC. I can't see how they need to reinvent the wheel when the old assets works largely fine. Or any other developer would remake all the assets from previous games to the new game. I do not think you have an idea on how game development even works. A brand new track would take months to build which it is unfeasible for anyone to scrap and rebuild them.

And the DLC in dirt rally 2 is $4, and somehow you expect them to give you a 10 to 15 km long brand new stages for that price. This isn't a 5km track that is closed loop, it is a massive sprawling route that covers a much larger area than a closed track. Despite Codemaster's rally routes are quite bland visually compared to WRC series.

I had tried the updated tracks in dirt rally 2, I have no issues with them for the price they charge and also the improvements they made. Visually, there are quite a fair bit of improvements while the updated physics do make them a lot more enjoyable.Those old tracks are well made in the previous game, I rather have them in Dirt Rally 2 as they were the routes that really defined the Dirt Rally franchise than some brand new locations that they will likely to muck it all up.

I do not see any difference of seeing Spa being ported from one game to another or buying the same car in a game to another. At the end, it is the same asset that is sold in different products, regardless it is a fictional content or licensed content. Developers have no obligations to do what you think it's right. If the content is bad, I won't bother with it like the Season 4 with more RX content. I dislike the RX in this game, the AI is awful compared to Dirt Rally.

Then, you get people complaining that they liked the old stages. How you get around with that?

I highly doubt Kunos will scrap the entire Spa assets and remake everything from scratch for ACC. I can't see how they need to reinvent the wheel when the old assets works largely fine. Or any other developer would remake all the assets from previous games to the new game. I do not think you have an idea on how game development even works. A brand new track would take months to build which it is unfeasible for anyone to scrap and rebuild them.

And the DLC in dirt rally 2 is $4, and somehow you expect them to give you a 10 to 15 km long brand new stages for that price. This isn't a 5km track that is closed loop, it is a massive sprawling route that covers a much larger area than a closed track. Despite Codemaster's rally routes are quite bland visually compared to WRC series.

I had tried the updated tracks in dirt rally 2, I have no issues with them for the price they charge and also the improvements they made. Visually, there are quite a fair bit of improvements while the updated physics do make them a lot more enjoyable.Those old tracks are well made in the previous game, I rather have them in Dirt Rally 2 as they were the routes that really defined the Dirt Rally franchise than some brand new locations that they will likely to muck it all up.

I do not see any difference of seeing Spa being ported from one game to another or buying the same car in a game to another. At the end, it is the same asset that is sold in different products, regardless it is a fictional content or licensed content. Developers have no obligations to do what you think it's right. If the content is bad, I won't bother with it like the Season 4 with more RX content. I dislike the RX in this game, the AI is awful compared to Dirt Rally.
Not saying they can't release the old stages.

Making a new track using some old assets and textures vs. porting an existing track and slightly visually updating it. You really cannot argue these are the same.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1036470/DiRT_Rally_20__Deluxe_Upgrade_Store_Package/ That's a 30€ DLC, and that's just season 1 and 2, 3 and 4 will probably cost another €30. A massive amount of DLC sold at a very expensive price, and there is exactly 0 new rally stages. I have never said I expect them to sell brand new stages for the same price as the old ones, but for them to make DLC that costs the price of a full game without bothering to make any new stages at all is just shameful.

Three euro per DLC country. That's what we're complaining here about. Three euro every two weeks. That's how much it costs to get the "old, recycled content" for DR2.

The work of a team of developers and artists, reduced to a price of two bottles of Cola every two weeks.

Which, incidentally, you also don't have to get if you think it brings nothing that would be worth it.

Nah, not worth it. What a scam. You should be ashamed, CM.

• Deleted member 197115

Well why don't you educate us since you are an expert on the subject. How much work does go into adding DR1 stages to DR2, exactly?
More than not doing it at all.
We should be thankful that Codies actually adding those.

Three euro per DLC country. That's what we're complaining here about. Three euro every two weeks. That's how much it costs to get the "old, recycled content" for DR2.

The work of a team of developers and artists, reduced to a price of two bottles of Cola every two weeks.

Which, incidentally, you also don't have to get if you think it brings nothing that would be worth it.

Nah, not worth it. What a scam. You should be ashamed, CM.

It is a scam, it’s a micro transaction of something you already bought (if you had DR1) and the fact it only costs a little bit doesn’t mean it’s ok. You’ve paid for something you already own, that’s truthfully the bottom line so go ahead and keep giving them money for piss poor effort.

This gives me flashbacks of Battlefield Bad Company 2’s “DLC” that wasn’t dlc at all, it was just tacked on game modes to the original maps. Only at the very end of the games lifecycle when multiplayer was dying did they release an actual map pack.

all those discution about money, i'll say one thing,you are the product,that is business in an ever more capitalistic world,in an other word TINA,and that is why they do not like hackers and modders,because at the end , all that will be left, is domestication...yep

buy a nice rig,the biggest the better,the fastest we want your soul

Last edited:
It is a scam, it’s a micro transaction of something you already bought (if you had DR1) and the fact it only costs a little bit doesn’t mean it’s ok. You’ve paid for something you already own, that’s truthfully the bottom line so go ahead and keep giving them money for piss poor effort.

You should stop paying for groceries. I mean, look at what a horrible scammer the baker is, trying to sell you the same bread every day. Does he not realized how piss poor his effort is? You've already bought bread before! And for full price, too! So there really is no excuse why a new bread shouldn't be included free of charge every time you go get groceries.

You should stop paying for groceries. I mean, look at what a horrible scammer the baker is, trying to sell you the same bread every day. Does he not realized how piss poor his effort is? You've already bought bread before! And for full price, too! So there really is no excuse why a new bread shouldn't be included free of charge every time you go get groceries.

FREE BREAD NOW, CODEMASTERS

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back