• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Finland and Greece Headline DiRT 2.0 Season 3 & 4 DLC

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +488
    If you already have all the stages and cars in DR, don't buy these, why complain?

Wish dirt trucks from D4 could make it into DR2, would be a hoot in VR.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    @Troy Barman :
    I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe (i.e. all DLCs included) a few weeks ago for 33,99 EUR and I do not feel ripped off because it feels very differently when you take the same car and track of DiRT Rally and drive it in the new game.
    You could use Steam refund to try DiRT Rally 2.0 by yourself.
    I felt like you before - that was the reason I was waiting for summer sale.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. beef

beef

Ratings:
    +53
    Because it's better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +68
    Then, you get people complaining that they liked the old stages. How you get around with that?

I highly doubt Kunos will scrap the entire Spa assets and remake everything from scratch for ACC. I can't see how they need to reinvent the wheel when the old assets works largely fine. Or any other developer would remake all the assets from previous games to the new game. I do not think you have an idea on how game development even works. A brand new track would take months to build which it is unfeasible for anyone to scrap and rebuild them.

And the DLC in dirt rally 2 is $4, and somehow you expect them to give you a 10 to 15 km long brand new stages for that price. This isn't a 5km track that is closed loop, it is a massive sprawling route that covers a much larger area than a closed track. Despite Codemaster's rally routes are quite bland visually compared to WRC series.

I had tried the updated tracks in dirt rally 2, I have no issues with them for the price they charge and also the improvements they made. Visually, there are quite a fair bit of improvements while the updated physics do make them a lot more enjoyable.Those old tracks are well made in the previous game, I rather have them in Dirt Rally 2 as they were the routes that really defined the Dirt Rally franchise than some brand new locations that they will likely to muck it all up.

I do not see any difference of seeing Spa being ported from one game to another or buying the same car in a game to another. At the end, it is the same asset that is sold in different products, regardless it is a fictional content or licensed content. Developers have no obligations to do what you think it's right. If the content is bad, I won't bother with it like the Season 4 with more RX content. I dislike the RX in this game, the AI is awful compared to Dirt Rally.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    Not saying they can't release the old stages.

Making a new track using some old assets and textures vs. porting an existing track and slightly visually updating it. You really cannot argue these are the same.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1036470/DiRT_Rally_20__Deluxe_Upgrade_Store_Package/ That's a 30€ DLC, and that's just season 1 and 2, 3 and 4 will probably cost another €30. A massive amount of DLC sold at a very expensive price, and there is exactly 0 new rally stages. I have never said I expect them to sell brand new stages for the same price as the old ones, but for them to make DLC that costs the price of a full game without bothering to make any new stages at all is just shameful.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Ratings:
    +28
    Rallying is a niche sport at this point and we're lucky to get any games at all. I have no problem supporting the devs and people who have no idea how much work goes into these stages (even the ones returning from the first game) whining about it on the internet isn't going to stop me from paying for them if I have to. This is gaming nirvana for me in VR.

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    Well why don't you educate us since you are an expert on the subject. How much work does go into adding DR1 stages to DR2, exactly?

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Three euro per DLC country. That's what we're complaining here about. Three euro every two weeks. That's how much it costs to get the "old, recycled content" for DR2.

The work of a team of developers and artists, reduced to a price of two bottles of Cola every two weeks.

Which, incidentally, you also don't have to get if you think it brings nothing that would be worth it.

Nah, not worth it. What a scam. You should be ashamed, CM.

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +488
    More than not doing it at all.
    We should be thankful that Codies actually adding those.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Ratings:
    +28
    I didn't say I did, but neither do you. I'm not the one pissing and moaning about it either, am I?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    No, you are the one pissing and moaning about people posting about it.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  12. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    It is a scam, it’s a micro transaction of something you already bought (if you had DR1) and the fact it only costs a little bit doesn’t mean it’s ok. You’ve paid for something you already own, that’s truthfully the bottom line so go ahead and keep giving them money for piss poor effort.

This gives me flashbacks of Battlefield Bad Company 2’s “DLC” that wasn’t dlc at all, it was just tacked on game modes to the original maps. Only at the very end of the games lifecycle when multiplayer was dying did they release an actual map pack.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Ratings:
    +28
    'Scam', good grief.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Xenozoid

Xenozoid

Ratings:
    +24
    all those discution about money, i'll say one thing,you are the product,that is business in an ever more capitalistic world,in an other word TINA,and that is why they do not like hackers and modders,because at the end , all that will be left, is domestication...yep

buy a nice rig,the biggest the better,the fastest we want your soul

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    You should stop paying for groceries. I mean, look at what a horrible scammer the baker is, trying to sell you the same bread every day. Does he not realized how piss poor his effort is? You've already bought bread before! And for full price, too! So there really is no excuse why a new bread shouldn't be included free of charge every time you go get groceries.

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. Caton XII

Caton XII

Ratings:
    +60
    Sorry but your analogy is so outrageous, It makes any sense in our situation ! :thumbsdown:

17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Yes, it's outrageous, because it shows perfectly how utterly ridiculous the whole thing about "content we already own" is.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Caton XII

Caton XII

Ratings:
    +60
    I understand too ! ;-)

19. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +206
    You don't need Pack 3 - Codies will sell all the cars, locations etc. individually as well like they did for Seasons 1 and 2. Getting all the 2019 WRX content suddenly doesn't seem so expensive now!

20. AngryWolfCorey

AngryWolfCorey

Ratings:
    +36
    FREE BREAD NOW, CODEMASTERS

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.