• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Finland and Greece Headline DiRT 2.0 Season 3 & 4 DLC

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 12, 2019.

1. RCHeliguy

RCHeliguy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +477
    It's funny how we vent our frustrations. I was pretty grumpy until I got VR running smoothly and made a few comments, but in the end Dirt Rally is fun and I'm happy to support them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +68
    Isn't paying for Spa or Audi R8 GT3 again in ACC from AC the same thing as paying for Jamsa Finland again in Dirt Rally 2?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    It's the same in many games:
    FIFA and NBA: You already have the same arena/stadium ...
    Even the players are the same - just wearing other jerseys. So why do we have to pay for that? ;-)
    It's such a cruel, cruel world.

Or let's take the F1 series: Why do I have to pay for some tracks year after year? I already own them ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    No, it really is not the same. There is a pretty big difference between having the same real-world tracks in a circuit racing game as opposed to rally game. In circuit racing you memorize the track so knowing the track is the opposite of a problem. In rally you are supposed to rely on your co-driver, a key aspect of rallying which goes down the toilet when you have played a stage to death and know it from memory. That is why Codies should be making new stages rather than re-selling old ones. Though they won't since for some reason players are happy to re-buy DR1 stages.

Also the cars and tracks in ACC are not ported from AC, they are completely re-made for a new game. The DR2 stages are ported from DR1 with some small updates. Try to understand the difference between the same virtual content, and an entirely new creation of the same real-life content.

A third reason why it's not the same is that in ACC the content "shared" with AC is in the base game, in Dirt Rally 2.0 it's paid DLC.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    Maybe there are some people who enjoy it to drive the "old" tracks from DiRT Rally.

Perhaps Codemaster should have integrated the old stages as a gift / free bonus but I can understand their decision to make it a paid DLC as nobody of us knwos how many hours went into the re-creation/conversion of these tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    Just to add to that is I would be perfectly fine if they added Finland but it was a entirely new route. But no, you get a texture update and they added some particles here and there, unacceptable to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +243
    If the 6 DR1 locations was part of the vanilla game you would all be bitchin' about that as well, wouldn't you? Now they made it optional DLC for those who want it. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +243
    This is the part I don't get. Why should we be entitled to have all the stages of the previous game? There are no set calendar as opposed to something like F1. DR isn't simulating a real life series. They can pick rallies as they choose and the picked 6 new ones for DR2.
    Somehow, people feel entitled and demand that the stages from the previous game should be included in the sequel. Why should they? Should I rave about that I want the all the locations of The Last of Us in The Last of Us 2?

Somehow people also seem to think that if they didn't rework the DR1 stages that would magically mean that they could have done 6 scratch made rallies instead. Sure there's lots of work gone in to remodel the stages, but nowhere near the amount of work to do new ones.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    Sure there are, but it kind of begs the question why they should pay extra money for something most DR2 players already bought. Also it's that they are re-selling DR1 stages INSTEAD OF making new ones. The option to buy DLC with new rally stages does not exist. A massive amount of DLC containing precisely 0 new rally stages, that is pretty sad. No one thinks they have to make 6 all-new rally locations for DLC, but there really should be at least some new stages.

Funny how those supporting re-buying DR1 stages praise Codies for their gargantuan effort updating the stages. I have even seen someone using the word "remastered".

Wow, you are really intelligent aren't you. Thanks for the insight.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,095
    Troy, relax and buy it once the price comes down, the game will still be the same in 6 months.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    I have DR1, fantastic game, why would I buy it again?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Max Attack

Max Attack

Ratings:
    +24
    A few new stages and cars would have been a breath of fresh air. The new dlc cars are not even worth getting excited for because they don't allow us to create livery's for them. The only people happy with the content have had to desperately convince themselves which I give up doing at this point

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +41
    In that case i really don't understand why you keep complaining. If you are happy with DR1, go and play it and go to the correct forum.

14. Caton XII

Caton XII

Ratings:
    +60
    If the "experience of virtual driving with a wheel" had been better, I will be really happy about this news.

I bought the "Deluxe version" on DVD before the release (I know, It's ridiculous today, this is the last time !^^) and I will care if some big issues had been cured but It's actually not the case.

I got some "trouble" when Codemasters deliver to us the Monte-Carlo (which I Love) but snow without inertia and tyre slipping... well !
    After Sweden without good improvments for the wheel users... well !

I'm not here with some warriors but I wanna just explain why I don't really care about Season3 and Season 4 actually.
    Maybe a change will make my (and your) experience better but unfortunately I still in doubt..!

Cheers. ;-)

15. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    My comment was sarcasm. Anyways just because I don’t own the game doesn’t mean I can’t weigh in on the business practices and decisions of CM.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. o Tiger Feet o

o Tiger Feet o
    Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    How about 10 times...

F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015, F1 2016, F1 2017, F1 2018, F1 2019

:confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    Yea but as someone pointed out earlier is that DR2 isn’t replicating any series so there isn’t much excuse for this. Yearly released sports games are a seperate animal.

18. CDwyer

CDwyer

Ratings:
    +23
    Want RX buy pack 4 yes, but also need pack 3 for Abu Dhabi.

19. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,095
    so do I, but the new stages look awesome and once the price is down it will be well worth it. Also, at that point I will have forgotten much about the original DR stages, so the rehashed DLC will be fun as well. Always look on the bright side ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +456
    The brightside is that when DR3 releases you’ll get to buy remastered DR2 routes because it worked last time why not do it again, less manpower hours and more money in CM’s pockets.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.