• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Finland and Greece Headline DiRT 2.0 Season 3 & 4 DLC

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,011
    DiRT 2.0 New DLC 1.jpg
    Codemasters have revealed the next wave of content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0.

Headlined as the 'Season Three & Four' DLC expansion packs, the latest batch of post-release content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0 represents a fine mix of old and new, with both the traditional point-to-point rally stages and the FIA World Rallycross Championship set to be well represented within the game.

Season Three will begin from August 27th and is set to contain the returning and refreshed rally events in Greece and Finland, plus the debut of the Yas Marina WRX venue alongside the usual mix of new cars and liveries - details of which can be seen below.

• Week 1: SUBARU Impreza (2001), Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
    • Week 3: Argolis Greece, Special Livery Pack
    • Week 5: Peugeot 306 Maxi, Seat Ibiza Kit Car
    • Week 7: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, Special Livery Pack
    • Week 9: Peugeot 206 Rally, Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
    • Week 11: Jämsä Finland, Special Livery Pack

Once all that new content has dropped, Season Four will begin on November 19th and looks set to heavily focus on the World Rallycross portion of the title, we a new venue based in South Africa joining up with the returning and popular Lydden Hill circuit.

• Week 1: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
    • Week 3: Lydden Hill, UK, Special Livery Pack
    • Week 5: Renault Clio R.S. RX, Renault Megane R.S. RX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8), Special Livery Pack
    • Week 9: Peugeot 208 WRX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD)
    • Week 11: Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5, Audi S1 EKS RX quattro, Seat Ibiza RX, Special Livery Pack
    DiRT 2.0 New DLC 2.jpg
    “It’s been six months since we launched DiRT Rally 2.0 and the response from our community has been really positive,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “We spend a lot of time listening to our players and we’re delighted to bring them remastered classics alongside new vehicles and locations to give them a completely new experience.

Seasons Three and Four are a perfect blend of classic and new with the likes of Greece and Finland which were established on the original DiRT Rally, through to new RX circuits in Abu Dhabi and South Africa. There is so much variety that will appeal to old and new players alike. We’re also delighted to update the FIA World Rallycross Championship with new 2019 vehicles as well as bodywork and livery updates.”

Players will have the opportunity to purchase Seasons Three and Four and each piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +259
    Something something Dirt something recycling something asking money for it.

• Agree Agree x 31
    • Haha Haha x 7
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,095
    just checked whether they forgot my hometrack Buxtehude, but it's due tomorrow as the final part in season 02. Don't own the game, so hoping for players to put
    up
    some in-game footage .

4. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén

Ratings:
    +361
    Golf is confirmed to be the IV, from 1999 :thumbsup: upload_2019-8-12_20-58-33.png
    Absolute monster of a FWD, there is one running here in Sweden, came third overall last year in the Swedish Championship for 2WD, and that with only 4/6 events finished :p

EDIT: Found a good onboard with said Golf IV

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén

Ratings:
    +361
    They have a livestream starting in 40 mins, with Estering as the main focus :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +1,968
    I just hope that the Peugeot 206 Rally is the WRC and not a FWD one :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Ratings:
    +85
    It is, but they can't use the WRC name for obvious reasons. Also Super Deluxe Edition wtf...only a snake oil salesman can come up with this name.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén

Ratings:
    +361
    It too has been confirmed in the forums that is a 206 WRC 4WD (picture from Reddit, don't have time to find the source in the forums :p ) upload_2019-8-12_21-33-4.png

• Love Love x 1
  9. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    More Dirt Rally 1 content as paid DLC, who would have thought.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Beer Beer x 9
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. CDwyer

CDwyer

Ratings:
    +23
    While I am glad to see this announcement, I am surprised that given there is quite a lot of Rallycross, they still fail to provide either a full 2018 or 2019 calendar, both missing out by one venue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. CDwyer

CDwyer

Ratings:
    +23
    I had burned out on DR2, until the VR launch, this is well timed to get me to buy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +273
    [​IMG]

• Haha x 10
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 5
    • Beer x 2
    • Love x 1
  13. SRO

SRO

Ratings:
    +0
    Should we assume there will be a season 5 focusing on hillclimb that will be included in the extra deluxe vip version?

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Beer Beer x 3
  14. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,095
    mega cool, I pass it about every other month when I drop off a colleague of mine at his place, so weird to see it in a game. thx Filip.

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +971
    Looking forward to the remastered visuals of Greece and Finland and if they are as good as the remastered Wales was, I personally will be very happy:D.....even though I will possibly have to purchase them again through DLC, oh well,such is life...LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +542
    If they sort the VR, I'll probably buy it, Season 3 at least (no rally content in Season 4)

While recycled, the remasters have been really high quality with notably better graphics, and in some cases (Monte Carlo, Sweden) notably better physics. Finland should benefit from the more believable jump physics at least.

Also, while they are old roads, there's the rutting mechanic now, applied to them. The RX isn't terrible, although the tarmac physics hinder it

If VR stays like this, it's a nope. It's just unusable in SteamVR with Rift S

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Littlefysh

Littlefysh
    Professional Nutcase Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    I think you meant Greece there Paul, not Spain :)

I really hope they classify the early 2000's WRC stuff separate to the current 2000cc class. Having two generations of Focus and Impreza competing will bug me

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. TylerDurden4321

TylerDurden4321

Ratings:
    +103
    Greece right out of reach from the deluxe version included content... *sigh*...

Codemasters are like the Antithesis to Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +35
    Oh, come on Codemasters.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jayblue

Jayblue
    Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    Good choice of content, glad Greece and Finland are coming back remastered. Also looking forward to trying out the 306 maxi one of my all time favourite cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.