Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
To be honest I've only tried it so far with a few cars since updating the app, but as i said its weird, the ffb levels will slowly rise higher and higher then without warning will reset to 0, i also have the force feedback controller app on screen too and that will also read 0 when i get this problem occur. Not sure if this is relevent but i'm using a Thrustmaster T500RS wheel.

[Options]
path =
dynamicmode = 1.0
maxtorque = 20.0
targetgain = 1.0
graphrefresh = 0.5
displaymode = 0.0
dynamicthreshold = 1.5
dynamicspeed = 0.01
manualoverride = 0
ddtoggle = 0.0

[targetgains]
opel_ascona_c_gt = 1.2
ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 = 0.59
ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016 = 1.0
mercedes_sls = 1.0
[ks_brands_hatch_indy]
opel_ascona_c_gt = 3
ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 = 1.5
ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016 = 1.0

[ks_nurburgring_layout_gp_a]
mercedes_sls = 1.0

You are in dynamic mode. That will increase the gain gradually, until it reaches clipping or the Dynamic mode threshold.
It doesn't explain the fact that the gain goes to zero though. Weird bug.

Could you please post your controller.ini from AC folder, and the combos.ini file from the FFBClip folder?
I've gotta try to figure out what's going on here.

But first of all try to switch off Dynamic Mode just to verify that the gain is making any sort of sense. I'd also delete the combos.ini file just to start with a clean sheet and avoid any gain weirdness from old or bugged values.

It doesn't detect that. An easy way to set it is to go in the options and set the "default FFB Strength" to your desired target.
Ok. I have default FFB (in options) and FFB strength (in main window) to 100% already, and T keeps suggestion a much higher value like 115%, so back to my original question, does this mean I have to go over 100% (w/c would be over my desired target)?

So 'A' will vary much only for Manual mode.

If yoiu know your wheel is clipping above 90% (for instance), then set the target to 90. If you set your default target to 90 in the oiptions the app will aim for that for any new car you start with too.You may see gains higher than 100 for some car and track combinations.

Just see the FFB strength as the desired percentage of whatever is available in your wheel. The actual gain to get there vary wildly from car to car and track to track.

Just an addition: the maximum ffb before clipping too much can vary massively between cars!
That's because the real life counterparts are varying too. So if you put every car to the limit before clipping, a gt3 car without power steering will have the same forces as a Fiat 500 in city parking mode :p

But I do it mostly anyway, because you can't have enough force, right? :D

For most consumer wheels even the Fiat in parking mode is too strong, so I wouldn't worry about it. The T500 which is considered a relatively strong wheel is only 4,5Nm. I have my defalut target set to 6Nm for a nice, relaxed drive with cars with power steering. It seems to be about right compared to my real cars. Some cars go way above that, like old formula cars and open wheelers with no PS. That's why the initial gains are set to just about clipping for all the cars, even if they vary wildly in real life.

servus, will test it out again, with reset and FFB strength. (when i try to change FFB strength it adjust it while i am trying to lower or raise the FFB) basically fighting me while i try to adjust. will posts screenshots a little later.

That's pretty much the same setup that I use, and I haven't seen that issue unless there were a weird value in the combos.ini or the FFBClip.ini.

Remember that the ffb strength is stored for each car, and in default settings the +/- keypad keys control the target, not the ffb directly. You can check the target for each car in the FFBClip.ini file.

happened with the C7R, but tested further, only when i leave pit at 18-20Nm, but if i lower in pits to 10Nm, then it doesn't happen. (after that went with 458 GT2, 488GT3 and BMW M3 GT2 - worked out perfectly and no issues) tried C7R again and again, and was same. 18-20Nm, goes nuts. nut lower to 10Nm, all is great, and i can change values 10-15Nm, that's all i tested for now.

Target at 18-20Nm? Really? Ok, I haven't tested with targets that high. Remember that those are average cornering forces, you will have peaks well into clipping with a small Mige driven at rated currents with that setting.

Target at 18-20Nm? Really? Ok, I haven't tested with targets that high. Remember that those are average cornering forces, you will have peaks well into clipping with a small Mige driven at rated currents with that setting.
not what i want to target, i had mine 14/15, but that’s what it is on when you start and are sitting in pits @20Nm. but ended up realistically around 10-12Nm max. but the problem i was describing was happening when leaving pits with 18-20Nm.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.