Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks! Good I saw it here, as it's not posted in the AC forum? Is there a need to erase/reset combos (and ffbclip.ini) files?

Also, what do T,S,A mean... and how to use their values for reference in adjusting gain?

I would delete the old ini and combo files just to be sure. That will set everything back to defaults, so you have a "clean slate".

T is for Target. It is just the value the app thinks the gain should be at this particular moment.
S is for Smoothed. The gain changes are damped a bit to avoid harsh and abrupt changes in gain, so this is more of a debug value really. It just shows the current smoothed or damped setpoint for the gain.
A is for Actual. It shows the actual gain that is set for the car, read from the sim.

Last edited:
I've got a strange problem with this app now since the latest update, when i drive the ffb levels slowly rise until they reach a certain level then all ffb effects are set to zero....tried it on a few cars + tracks but still the same. :(

Error in log file is:
[PY ERROR] : apps/python/FFBClip\FFBClip.py (328) pop index out of range.
This error is repeated over and over again, i removed all of the older version before updating, just wondering if it’s on my end or yours?

Great app by the way, I’ve only recently discovered it so thank you for your work..

Edit: looks like my end! I had gain at 200 in main menu it doesn’t seem to like that, worked ok before though.

Last edited:
Error in log file is:
[PY ERROR] : apps/python/FFBClip\FFBClip.py (328) pop index out of range.
This error is repeated over and over again, i removed all of the older version before updating, just wondering if it’s on my end or yours?

Great app by the way, I’ve only recently discovered it so thank you for your work..

Edit: looks like my end! I had gain at 200 in main menu it doesn’t seem to like that, worked ok before though.

Yes, It can happen with very high gains. It's just a warning so nothing to worry about. I haven't bothered trying to fix it, since it would require quite a bit of tinkering for not much gain.
Glad you figured it out.

Just out of curiosity, why do you run the gain so high?

That is weird. Can you reproduce it in any car?

Could you post your FFBClip.ini and Combos.ini?

To be honest I've only tried it so far with a few cars since updating the app, but as i said its weird, the ffb levels will slowly rise higher and higher then without warning will reset to 0, i also have the force feedback controller app on screen too and that will also read 0 when i get this problem occur. Not sure if this is relevent but i'm using a Thrustmaster T500RS wheel.

[Options]
path =
dynamicmode = 1.0
maxtorque = 20.0
targetgain = 1.0
graphrefresh = 0.5
displaymode = 0.0
dynamicthreshold = 1.5
dynamicspeed = 0.01
manualoverride = 0
ddtoggle = 0.0

[targetgains]
opel_ascona_c_gt = 1.2
ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 = 0.59
ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016 = 1.0
mercedes_sls = 1.0
[ks_brands_hatch_indy]
opel_ascona_c_gt = 3
ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 = 1.5
ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016 = 1.0

[ks_nurburgring_layout_gp_a]
mercedes_sls = 1.0

Yes, It can happen with very high gains. It's just a warning so nothing to worry about. I haven't bothered trying to fix it, since it would require quite a bit of tinkering for not much gain.
Glad you figured it out.

Just out of curiosity, why do you run the gain so high?
Just like to have it high as possible. Thought I had it figured out but even with gain at 120 it gives the same errors.
Ended up deleting the app unfortunately as the error causes my game to freeze up and stutter badly once the log gets too full.

why the run in the backround option isnt there any more ,i want it running but i dont want to see it on screen ,
i ****ing love this app ,but ...

sorry my bad ,is there anyway so the v5 will run in the backround ?and not always open on screen ?

Last edited:
Just like to have it high as possible. Thought I had it figured out but even with gain at 120 it gives the same errors.
Ended up deleting the app unfortunately as the error causes my game to freeze up and stutter badly once the log gets too full.
Might a workaround would be to put the overall Gain to 80% and the car sliders 40% higher?
It's the same in the end but maybe the App works without issues then? :)

Shouldn't matter either way. Put the gain down and FFB clip to the maximum strength. You shouldn't set it higher.
If you want a stronger ffb raise the strength in the driver settings of your wheel (might induce hardware clipping though)

I would delete the old ini and combo files just to be sure. That will set everything back to defaults, so you have a "clean slate".

T is for Target. It is just the value the app thinks the gain should be at this particular moment.
S is for Smoothed. The gain changes are damped a bit to avoid harsh and abrupt changes in gain, so this is more of a debug value really. It just shows the current smoothed or damped setpoint for the gain.
A is for Actual. It shows the actual gain that is set for the car, read from the sim.
I see, thanks! Why though if FFB=100%, A shows somewhere 115%? I thought the FFB is already the 'actual' that we set, what for then is 'A'?

Also, is there still a need for an option to set 'Target' (like before) for weaker wheels that clip before 100% (ex. G27 / T300?), or no need for that since it now automatically detects that?

Last edited:
It doesn't detect that. An easy way to set it is to go in the options and set the "default FFB Strength" to your desired target.

The target (T) will change instantaneoulsy, but the S (smoothed) and A(Actual) may "lag behind" a bit since the smoothing is there to avoid those abrupt changes in gain.

The Actual gain comes into play if you are in manual mode, then the A can deviate from whatever the app thinks you should be using. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.