Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I can't get race to start when the FFBClip is checked in UI Modules. If I uncheck the FFBClip, game will start. I have installed it a few times. Version 5.3. The FFBClip folder is in the assettocrosa/apps/python directory and there are the 2 .png files in the content/gui/icons folder.

Here is the end of the log.txt file.

Opening PyModule FFBClip
Init PyPlugin:FFBClip
PyPlugin :: Error in Main function

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000000001E0BB604)
000000001E0BB604 (python33): (filename not available): PyTraceBack_Print
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pythoninterface.cpp (340): PythonInterface::printErr
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pyplugin.cpp (44): PyPlugin::pyPlugin
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pythoninterface.cpp (251): PythonInterface::pythonInterface
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (547): Sim::Sim
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF9935A1FE4)
00007FF9935A1FE4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF99400EF91)
00007FF99400EF91 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

I can't get race to start when the FFBClip is checked in UI Modules. If I uncheck the FFBClip, game will start. I have installed it a few times. Version 5.3. The FFBClip folder is in the assettocrosa/apps/python directory and there are the 2 .png files in the content/gui/icons folder.

Here is the end of the log.txt file.

Opening PyModule FFBClip
Init PyPlugin:FFBClip
PyPlugin :: Error in Main function

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000000001E0BB604)
000000001E0BB604 (python33): (filename not available): PyTraceBack_Print
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pythoninterface.cpp (340): PythonInterface::printErr
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pyplugin.cpp (44): PyPlugin::pyPlugin
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pythoninterface.cpp (251): PythonInterface::pythonInterface
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (547): Sim::Sim
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF9935A1FE4)
00007FF9935A1FE4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF99400EF91)
00007FF99400EF91 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
The same happens to me :(

I got it to work. I installed version 4.3.2 and it worked. I then took the FFBClip.py from 5.3 and placed it in common/assettocorsa/apps/python/FFBClip directory, replacing the 4.3.2 version. It then worked and I was up to version 5.3. There are also 2 .png files in content/gui/icons in 5.3 that you probably want to put in there.

There were 2 files in the 4.3 version that were not in the 5.3 version. In the python/FFBClip/Config directory there are 2 files called Combos.ini and FFBClip.ini. If these are not there, AC should create them. For some reason it was not creating those files for me.

I tested it by getting rid of the files for FFBClip and reinstalled 5.3 from scratch and it worked. The 2 files were still not there but once I started the game it created those 2 files.

Not sure what was wrong before. If reinstalling it does not work, you could try installing an older version with those 2 files first and then install 5.3 over that.

Are you sure you have the right path in the .ini file? I have uploaded the latest version on here as well, just in case, and updated the info.
hi mate I have uploaded it I can see it in my in game apps, it is showing in content manager but I cant see it in my drop down app in game... any ideas??? I have extracted the files and saved FFBClip folder in my python folder in assettocorsa apps, and put the icons in the gui/icons folder. have I done anything wrong?

Have you activated it in the menu or in Content Manager?

2018-01-15 11_24_10-Content Manager.jpg

Hi Mate,

Yeah I have done both, I have installed other apps no issues but this just wont work, I have done the LUT generator, and the iracing ffb curve, saved the LUT file, and edited the text file to look for LUT etc.

Any ideas?

I have also tired deleting and downloading again still wont work, have even tried older versions

ffb clip issue.PNG
ffb clip issue.PNG
ffb clip issue 1.PNG

hi mate I have uploaded it I can see it in my in game apps, it is showing in content manager but I cant see it in my drop down app in game... any ideas??? I have extracted the files and saved FFBClip folder in my python folder in assettocorsa apps, and put the icons in the gui/icons folder. have I done anything wrong?
which folder should it be in?

Hi Mate,

Yeah I have done both, I have installed other apps no issues but this just wont work, I have done the LUT generator, and the iracing ffb curve, saved the LUT file, and edited the text file to look for LUT etc.

Any ideas?

I have also tired deleting and downloading again still wont work, have even tried older versions

View attachment 230899 View attachment 230899 View attachment 230900
I know you have probably done this already but I will repeat it because it worked for me. The first decompression program I used didn't work so well. I ended up manually copying the files to their locations. I thought I had them in the right place but it didn't work. So if that is what you did, try dragging the 2 folders in the .rar file (apps and content) and drop them directly onto the Assettocorsa folder(You should be in the common folder). This will put all the folders and files in the correct place. This worked for me.

I know you have probably done this already but I will repeat it because it worked for me. The first decompression program I used didn't work so well. I ended up manually copying the files to their locations. I thought I had them in the right place but it didn't work. So if that is what you did, try dragging the 2 folders in the .rar file (apps and content) and drop them directly onto the Assettocorsa folder(You should be in the common folder). This will put all the folders and files in the correct place. This worked for me.
i will delete and try this
thanks mate

i will delete and try this
thanks mate
so I just did this, it put the apps and content in the correct place once I dragged the two files over to common/assettocorsa. it also created two new files in documents comobos and FFBClip. but it is still not showing in game. It is activated in game and in content manager.... man this is doing my head in, I am following it step by step.....

Hello,

I am sorry if the question has been asked, but since I do not speak English, I had trouble finding myself among the 10 pages of this topic.

I can not understand how this V5.3 works

I chose to put myself in Dinamic mode. But there is a problem when I come in a bend after a straight line.

In the straight line the FFB will increase up to 200%.
But when a turn comes and I want to turn the steering wheel, there is a hard point in the direction. As if the direction was slowed down. Once this hard point has passed, I find a normal FFB of for example 85 90%.

I noticed that when I check override manual, I do not have this point hard when I go from a straight cloth to a turn.

So, I do not understand why the dynamic mod does not work or automotics. Always this hard point is very unpleasant and thank you in advance if you could tell me how to adjust FFBClip for it adapts the gain of the FFB depending on where the car is on the circuit.

Hello,

I am sorry if the question has been asked, but since I do not speak English, I had trouble finding myself among the 10 pages of this topic.

I can not understand how this V5.3 works

I chose to put myself in Dinamic mode. But there is a problem when I come in a bend after a straight line.

In the straight line the FFB will increase up to 200%.
But when a turn comes and I want to turn the steering wheel, there is a hard point in the direction. As if the direction was slowed down. Once this hard point has passed, I find a normal FFB of for example 85 90%.

I noticed that when I check override manual, I do not have this point hard when I go from a straight cloth to a turn.

So, I do not understand why the dynamic mod does not work or automotics. Always this hard point is very unpleasant and thank you in advance if you could tell me how to adjust FFBClip for it adapts the gain of the FFB depending on where the car is on the circuit.

This is normal for the Dynamic mode. When you go down a straight, there is little FFB so no risk of clipping, therefore the FFB level will increase up to 200%. However, when you enter a turn with 200% FBB, you will get clipping and the app will detect this and suddenly decrease FFB to a normal value. Because of the sudden drop in FFB, you get very nonlinear behavior of the FFB. That's why I don't recommend using the Dynamic mode.

As far as I know the app doesn't adjust the FFB depending on where the car is on the circuit.

Edit: changed the text to clarify it is only the Dynamic mode that I don't recommend. I do recommend using the app, but in Static mode.

Last edited:
so I just did this, it put the apps and content in the correct place once I dragged the two files over to common/assettocorsa. it also created two new files in documents comobos and FFBClip. but it is still not showing in game. It is activated in game and in content manager.... man this is doing my head in, I am following it step by step.....

I've had the same problem today. Finally (after two hours of trial and error) - I switched to "winzip" to unpack the folders/files into the assettocorsa folder and it worked. The problem was the previously used unrar tool.

cheers
Peter

Hi there guys could you explain why the dynamic threshold and dynamic inteanse goes up to 300 and 400 settings? Are those numbers only for direct drive wheels, I have a ts pc racer and I have my dynamic threshold set to 100 and my dynamic intense set to 90 could I go to numbers higher then 100 with the dynamic settings with my ts pc racer?

Hi,

I've been trying to install it but no luck. Not sure if related but, there is nothing in the config folder, it's empty. As the guy above mentioned, i've tried a different software to unzip it but still nothing. The app shows up in the setting menu and it's checked but, not when i race. Also, all there is in your .rar file is FFBClip.py and icons, is that correct? Because, thats all i have after unzipping.

Thanks for help,

ID

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%