Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Any reason to go higher than 100% target? To allow bit more clipping for some tracks?
The car specific ffb differs quite a lot. Also the personal taste of how much ffb you would like with each car can be different.
My car specific ffb gain is between 70 and 130 for example. Most cars however are between 90 and 110.

My impression is that if you would want to have the same torque in your hands in every car, you would have 70-140% car specific gain in the end. Same as real life!

So I like that update! :)

If I have my in game gain at 57 and want all cars to feel similar to that...do I need to set the ffb strength to 57 to get that same feel? I'm confused as to what I should adjust. On the T,S,A it shows the actual gain at 102 when it' actually 57. Or do I need to set my in game gain to 100 and adjust per car?

Last edited:
I'm a little confused with the FFB strength and clipping.

With dynamic off and auto on, I can set the FFB strength to 100 and then after driving around a bit, the TSA values show to be around 80 after some clipping on the graph. But then why is it that if I lower the FFB strength it also brings the graphs clipping point down as well so that I even start clipping at like 25 strength and after driving a little bit the TSA values will be down to around 18.

How could I possibly be clipping at 25 strength if when I'm at 100 the app is telling me it is preventing clipping at around 80. Nothing else is changing. Am I just not understanding something here?

Think I have the issue I've read about on here where I take the first few corners then lose all FFB. Closing the app seems to fix the issue. What can I do to reset the app and see if that fixes it?

I'm a little confused with the FFB strength and clipping.

With dynamic off and auto on, I can set the FFB strength to 100 and then after driving around a bit, the TSA values show to be around 80 after some clipping on the graph. But then why is it that if I lower the FFB strength it also brings the graphs clipping point down as well so that I even start clipping at like 25 strength and after driving a little bit the TSA values will be down to around 18.

How could I possibly be clipping at 25 strength if when I'm at 100 the app is telling me it is preventing clipping at around 80. Nothing else is changing. Am I just not understanding something here?

You are taking the app what you want the strength to be. I do that by adjusting what the app "aims for". That is the line you see as clipping. It's the target for the app, not the actual clipping point.
I'll explain it better when I'm off my phone if you need it. :)

Think I have the issue I've read about on here where I take the first few corners then lose all FFB. Closing the app seems to fix the issue. What can I do to reset the app and see if that fixes it?

If it's just a particular car I would put the app in manual override, set the gain to a reasonable level, close the session and restart. App back in auto mode and you should be good to go.
If it's a common problem you could try to delete the combos.ini file on the FFBClip folder.

I've never had the issue before. I finally did the Win10 update plus Content Manager updated too so I wasn't sure if it was one of those that caused it.

Heklp....severe clipping and aggressive wheel action as per this poor quality youtube vid

have main wheel settings in game at 100% gain and all else at o%...have tried all settings in ffb app and still does this , any idea to help? other wise great app
cheers

That looks really weird. What's the gain the app wants to set?
I've seen some weird driver issues on my T500, but never on the Logitech wheels.
Are you in auto mode? What's your FFB strength setting?

You are taking the app what you want the strength to be. I do that by adjusting what the app "aims for". That is the line you see as clipping. It's the target for the app, not the actual clipping point.
I'll explain it better when I'm off my phone if you need it. :)

I think I understand what you are saying, but if that's the case, is there any way for me to tell through the app when actual clipping is occuring? If the red on the graph is just what I'm targeting with the FFB strength, am I even getting actual clipping of forces at my wheel at 100 strength or is it just that the app knows it's reaching above 100 at peaks and adjusts for that?

Forces above 100 aren't automatically causing clipping, are they? That wouldn't make sense to me.

Ok, I'll try to explain how this works.

The sim is calculating the needed FFB, in a raw value. For argumen't sake let's say this value is typically in the 5-10 range, but can peak at very high numbers.
The output to our wheels is between 0 and 1, so there needs to be a conversion. Anything above 1 will be cut. This is SOFTWARE clipping. it means the signal is clipping no matter what we do from here on. This conversion is a simple multiplier. So, in our example the multiplier should be somewhere around 0.1, since 10*0.1 = 1. Anything above 10 from the physics will be clipped, but since this is so rare it's tolerable, and a necessary compromise.
From there the signal goes into the wheel driver. This layer of software does it's own thing to the signal, it can lower or boost the signal, and add a non-linearity to it (gamma). Neither my app or Assetto Corsa has any kind of control over what happens at this stage. The wheel driver can introduce severe clipping if the parameters are wrong, This is HARDWARE clipping. Neither my app or Assetto can do anything about it . There is no way for me to make sure there isno clipping at this stage. All my app can do is make sure there is no software clipping, and it does that very well in most cases.

Now, to your original question: TSA values of 80 are perfectly normal. That just means the current track and car combo needs a slightly lower FFB gain than the default 100. Look at the FFB strength as a percentage of your wheel's available torque. If you have the FFB strength slider at 100, you are asking hte app to make sure you are using 100% of the wheels available torque. Set it to 90 and you are not using the full range of torque available. Set it to 110 and you are pushing the wheel beyond the limits, causing clipping.

One caveat to this: If you have driven for a while (more than a lap or two) and want to change the ffb strength more than 10%, I advice to press reset first to start with a "clean sheet" for the new gain calculations, as it will take a while fot the new value to "settle" if you don't.

I hope I didn't just confuse you more with the example! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back