Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Anyone else getting bored of pressing dynamic button? Great app but please please give us an update!:D
Never have the need for that, so no, never get bored. What's your wheel, that you prefer using Dynamic? Perhaps if I'm paying for it, I might demand, but OTOH, I guess I wouldn't too as I don't find any issues with the app. But it's nice anticipating the planned changes in the upcoming version, that we're eagerly anticipating. Sure Atle's preparing a good one. ;)

Do you need to keep this app open at all times or does it work in the background? It takes up a lot of space on the screen and breaks immersion quite a bit.

Do you need to keep this app open at all times or does it work in the background? It takes up a lot of space on the screen and breaks immersion quite a bit.
Depends: running the dynamic mode? Yes. Running a new car+track combo? Yes.
Already dialed it in and ffb clip is no longer modifying the ffb slider? Then no you don't have to. :)
BTW if you open the config ini as described from the Author you can disable the graph etc and it becomes very small on the screen :)

Last edited:
Depends: running the dynamic mode? Yes. Running a new car+track combo? Yes.
Already dialed it in and ffb clip is no longer modifying the ffb slider? Then no you don't have to. :)
BTW if you open the config ini as described from the Author you can disable the graph etc and it becomes very small on the screen :)
I have prefergraph = 0, if that's the setting your referring to and is the correct value to disable it, then it does not work as I still have the graph showing. Or have I got it wrong?

I have prefergraph = 0, if that's the setting your referring to and is the correct value to disable it, then it does not work as I still have the graph showing. Or have I got it wrong?
I am not that familiar with it anymore but I'm gonna try :p
For everyone to follow: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.ini

The one you want to change isn't "prefergraph=0", it's:
[Minimized]
RunMinimized=0
# 0 - Runs the app with the graph
# 1 - Disables the graph for less screen clutter

Hope it's correct :)

I am not that familiar with it anymore but I'm gonna try :p
For everyone to follow: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.ini

The one you want to change isn't "prefergraph=0", it's:
[Minimized]
RunMinimized=0
# 0 - Runs the app with the graph
# 1 - Disables the graph for less screen clutter

Hope it's correct :)
Thanks for that, silly me quite obvious really which one to change. Always thought 0 was to disable. :whistling:

Thanks for that, silly me quite obvious really which one to change. Always thought 0 was to disable. :whistling:
If you code something, you create most of it out of absolutely nothing. I don't know if you did code anything in your life, I never did until last year :)
When you create something out of nothing, you end up thinking it's totally easy to understand but indeed it isn't at all :roflmao:

Go to your AC folder and open ...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.ini (you could use Notepad+). Then at the bottom, enter the path to your controls.ini from your AC folder in MyDocuments (ex. Path= F:\My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini).

Thanks for the info, it was driving me crazy!

In your main Assetto Corsa folder. For me that is F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa, but yours may vary slightly depending on install path. Unpacking it to the main AC folder will put it where it belongs.
i tried this and the app does not appear in my game. I feel like ive done something wrong but I don't think I have. I used 7zip and extracted the downloaded file into the main AC file. its between dblocales and launcher data. does this sound correct? Sorry I'm not great with computers but I do love racing sims

Okay edit I got it working. wasn't as straight forward as it seemed. But ive got it to work. Thank you for your hard work

Last edited:
Hi, I tried to install this app too. The app appears in the option and I am sure I enabled it, but when I enter the race it does not show up. Please let me know if I have to do something to make it show up in game. Thanks.

installed everything where they should go and when i launch AC if i turn the app on in the general settings/ui
when i load a test session/try to drive, the just crashes back to main menu... if i turn it off i can drive without an issue, but i dont get to use the app. any ideas?

installed everything where they should go and when i launch AC if i turn the app on in the general settings/ui
when i load a test session/try to drive, the just crashes back to main menu... if i turn it off i can drive without an issue, but i dont get to use the app. any ideas?

No,it works tryed it today!
Maybe you should restart the PC again.
DC

Just found out about this I'll gem. absolute an awesome tool. I have one question though. what lines do i have to change in the .ini to cap the dynamic mode to, let's say 190 or 195 %. i noticed that at the moment the gain hits 200% the experience becomes rather unpleasant and my wheel starts to shake like crazy. at 190-ish all is fine though. i tested it with a plethora of cars. Kunos cars and different mod-cars share this behavior.
now i go back to the top and give some 5 stars to this. have a great day.

Atle Dreier updated FFBClip app with a new update entry:

Version 5.0 is finally here!

Finally, the new version is here.
A total rewrite again. Most of the code is new.

There is now a Forcefeedback strength slider. At 100% this is the full range of your wheel, with very little clipping. Reduce it for a lighter feel and more headroom, increase it for stronger ffb and more clipping.

There's an option page with some new settings:
Manual override. Auto is now the default state, but enable this for full manual mode
DD-mode. Enable this if you have a DD wheel. It will set all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years