AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 4@Feldbergring, Wed 29th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

It is difficult to make choices in general. This also applies to the answer to the question: which AC track do you like best? With all the @Fat-Alfie tracks, the Nordschleife, the Luccaring and some of the new found road tracks it's a tough choice. But in the end I decided: for me it's the Feldbergring.

This 11,2km long masterpiece by David Pemberton has it all! Beautiful scenery, even in the dark (note the campfires). Each type of bend, one of them competes with the last one on Bremgarten to be the hardest of them all. And one of the longest (semi) straights.

So if you haven't ridden yet, start getting to grips with the circuit as soon as possible so you can afford to enjoy the scenery.

THIS EVENT IS AN 12 HOUR RACE SIMULATION FROM DAWN TO DUSK USING 12X TIME MULTIPLIER. YOU NEED TO HAVE CM AND CSP INSTALLED WITH THE CSP OPTION "WEATHERFX" ACTIVE WITH SOL OR DEFAULT AS SETTING.

1700726849663.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/4bf13571-b8c7-42dc-a54f-d86391335f89?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Hi Han,
I am having to miss tonight also. and here is the reason.

In Colin's Watkins Glen race last night I had very odd brake issues. When I pushed the pedal the car slowed as normal but when the pedal was released it locked the brakes on.:confused:

I retired from both races as at first I thought it was me or my set up but checking it afterwards I found the brake was spiking to 100%. I tried software re-installs, no good, so striped the pedals down today.

20231129_144203.jpg

The load cell has broken completely through and damaged the wires too. (I must have been pushing to hard:rolleyes:).

I will get it sorted but in the meantime, as I have been a very good boy this year I think Santa Claus may need to bring me some lovely new pedals earlier!:D

I'm disappointed to miss the race, I love the track but good luck all and catch you when I get pedalling again.:thumbsup:

Paul,

sorry to hear that, wish you all the best ( and that you´ve been a very good boy this year;))

Han, I concurre about your pedal suggestion,

but we will see about your positions !!

What a bummer, really enjoying that with only a few mins of pit time left i went in for my litre of juice and nothing. Effin nothing. I got bored in the pits waiting for the start and reset my setup, readjusted my fuel but FORGOT to do my pit fuel. All my own stupid fault. Anyway, great race guys. I think i entered the pits in the top ten which for me is good but then finished last i guess :mad::mad::mad:

Hi Han,
I am having to miss tonight also. and here is the reason.

In Colin's Watkins Glen race last night I had very odd brake issues. When I pushed the pedal the car slowed as normal but when the pedal was released it locked the brakes on.:confused:

I retired from both races as at first I thought it was me or my set up but checking it afterwards I found the brake was spiking to 100%. I tried software re-installs, no good, so striped the pedals down today.

View attachment 710726

The load cell has broken completely through and damaged the wires too. (I must have been pushing to hard:rolleyes:).

I will get it sorted but in the meantime, as I have been a very good boy this year I think Santa Claus may need to bring me some lovely new pedals earlier!:D

I'm disappointed to miss the race, I love the track but good luck all and catch you when I get pedalling again.:thumbsup:
What peddles were they Paul?

That was a sweaty competition.

Started really ok, ran into traffic in quali or would have got P9.

Nice kerfuffle in the race, made some mistakes and went down the table.

Then had ( a lot of) help going off in T1 with a spin and had to work myself up again.
Rearended several corner parking Abarthinations and my lifting off to not do "a Golden One" cost me some more positions.

Well, in the end I can´t complain too much as others made mistakes, too.

A question under gentlemen:

The Golden rule states:

" If you hit someone and he goes off you have to wait for him and give the position back"

What if you push to the inside of a very "High Speed/Big Balls" corner (cough T1 cough) and the opponent goes off without AC registering contact?

The rules state that the attacker is responsible for a safe pass, but there was no contact.
Does the defender have the obligation to "give up the corner earlier" or does the attacker have to be "resonably carefull"??

( asking for a rather pissed of team member) :speechless:

All in all thanks han for organizing, see you in the next one.

always fun to race on fat-alfie tracks , my start was really good and everyone very respectfull always a pleasure. i think i made an huge mistake entering the pit at snail velocity by braking before the corner but when the night has come(and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we'll see)i became blind and lost more time but in the end i really enjoyed this conditions and congratz for p1 Jason good pace deserve it , also congratz to Ernie for p3 . and Han as always for hosting beautiful events like this one :D.

( asking for a rather pissed of team member) :speechless:
Are you referring to me? I had the same kind of incident as you had when you went into the same corner with Steve so I'm not sure.

If so: the only one I'm pissed off at is myself for braking too late for the corner, going wide and giving up what could've been an enjoyable last few rounds. You pushed me to setting a PB and seeing your lap times it looks like you pushed hard as well! :D

Last edited:
Bad day for me, I have a dexconextion that just keep me racing alone. I was waiting to reconnect to come back to the race... But, nothing happen, so I stopped at pits, exit the game and come back... Mountains of time lost and at that time racing alone. Later I was disqualified because the stop in pits does not count.
I was not very fast, but at least I was motivated... But after that dexconexion there was nothing to do...
Next time, I hope. Congrats to the podiums and Ricardo, who was much faster than me

Interesting question Carsten,
I think it is virtually always the responsibility of the overtaker, probably modifying that to always the responsibility of the overtaker.

I get overtaken often by our aliens, I would like to think that they know me and are well versed in overtaking me.
I have never complained about them overtaking me.
I would say they are always very careful. But it is not about me, so that makes it very difficult when you fill the pot with everyone else.
But my first statement stands, the problem comes if someone is determined not to be overtaken, hoping that they shrug their shoulders and not make it silly risky is perhaps asking too much.
Will read the responses with interest, only my point of view.

Now on to the race, Fulvio and Jason come from different bottle to me, so it was a race against the other aliens and the track, one off, T1, silly me got a worry bead in my head and off I came, but made no difference, so a good race for me considering.
Ended were I had a reasonable chance of ending up , no more, no less.:roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes