AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 4@Feldbergring, Wed 29th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was a sweaty competition.

Started really ok, ran into traffic in quali or would have got P9.

Nice kerfuffle in the race, made some mistakes and went down the table.

Then had ( a lot of) help going off in T1 with a spin and had to work myself up again.
Rearended several corner parking Abarthinations and my lifting off to not do "a Golden One" cost me some more positions.

Well, in the end I can´t complain too much as others made mistakes, too.

A question under gentlemen:

The Golden rule states:

" If you hit someone and he goes off you have to wait for him and give the position back"

What if you push to the inside of a very "High Speed/Big Balls" corner (cough T1 cough) and the opponent goes off without AC registering contact?

The rules state that the attacker is responsible for a safe pass, but there was no contact.
Does the defender have the obligation to "give up the corner earlier" or does the attacker have to be "resonably carefull"??

( asking for a rather pissed of team member) :speechless:

All in all thanks han for organizing, see you in the next one.
A good question Carsten, i would say if the attacker was unreasonable in trying to force an undrivable line for the defender it would be wrong.
If however the attacker was pushing the defender hard from behind and the defender enters the turn faster than the car can handle and maybe the defender catches the outside fence to cause a spin as an example. I would say driver error. If however the attacker was close enough to get caught up in the crash then i would say he deserved it and should of taken more caution. Hope that helps with your team members question :thumbsup:

On another note, Rico. It is always a pleasure to race against you mate and as i have said on here before, always feel safe with you around me. We do spend a lot of time racing each other it seems:)

Ok, was hoping you would not say that Paul. I can now probably see my future right there at some point then. Maybe i should find a load cell sooner rather than later as i do like the peddles especially with the brake upgrade
I have emailed customer service Steve, never had to before this as have always been happy with the products so lets see what they come up with. In the meantime I may have a go at a temporary repair/bodge!!
The pedals are nice at the price bracket though.

Exactly four years Han, used almost every day. It's only a small part but crucial obviously.

A good question Carsten, i would say if the attacker was unreasonable in trying to force an undrivable line for the defender it would be wrong.
If however the attacker was pushing the defender hard from behind and the defender enters the turn faster than the car can handle and maybe the defender catches the outside fence to cause a spin as an example. I would say driver error. If however the attacker was close enough to get caught up in the crash then i would say he deserved it and should of taken more caution. Hope that helps with your team members question :thumbsup:

On another note, Rico. It is always a pleasure to race against you mate and as i have said on here before, always feel safe with you around me. We do spend a lot of time racing each other it seems:)
The team still has to review the replay, but after a mediocre nights sleep my team member has to admit that the attacker may have had the necessary overlap to "own the corner" :redface:
So the crash/spin could have been more the result of the defenders stubborness and trying to keep the outside line with to high rate of speed.......

Though I´d like a more "gentlemanly approach" here I also have to admit that with some of our drivers here that would put us at an disadvantage.

I am not talking about anyone near me in this race!!!, but from the radio chatter "he" was on it again ("overly aggressive attacking at dangerous places")

Ok, was hoping you would not say that Paul. I can now probably see my future right there at some point then. Maybe i should find a load cell sooner rather than later as i do like the peddles especially with the brake upgrade
I´m afraid "bursting loadcells" is quite a common occurrence with the V3´s, at least according to Internet chatter.

Better to have a spare loadcell ready as F. doesn´t have the customer service (especially reaction speed) as a dutch competitor.:cool:

On the flip side the loadcell is a common design, maybe browse "the usual suspects"

I´m afraid "bursting loadcells" is quite a common occurrence with the V3´s, at least according to Internet chatter.

Better to have a spare loadcell ready as F. doesn´t have the customer service (especially reaction speed) as a dutch competitor.:cool:

On the flip side the loadcell is a common design, maybe browse "the usual suspects"
Thanks Carsten , yes, seems like a regular occurrence, I am searching the net now as am getting rig withdrawal symptoms! :geek:

The team still has to review the replay, but after a mediocre nights sleep my team member has to admit that the attacker may have had the necessary overlap to "own the corner" :redface:
So the crash/spin could have been more the result of the defenders stubborness and trying to keep the outside line with to high rate of speed.......

Though I´d like a more "gentlemanly approach" here I also have to admit that with some of our drivers here that would put us at an disadvantage.

I am not talking about anyone near me in this race!!!, but from the radio chatter "he" was on it again ("overly aggressive attacking at dangerous places
Your team member might find when he reviews the incident that the attacker may not of owned the corner at all but may of been pushing hard from behind when the defender left the road. Surely, his spinning car would of taken him out also if he had been alongside. He might find the attacker had lost some speed and was able to take a tighter line and avoid contact.

What a bummer, really enjoying that with only a few mins of pit time left i went in for my litre of juice and nothing. Effin nothing. I got bored in the pits waiting for the start and reset my setup, readjusted my fuel but FORGOT to do my pit fuel. All my own stupid fault. Anyway, great race guys. I think i entered the pits in the top ten which for me is good but then finished last i guess :mad::mad::mad:
Hi Steve,

I load a saved base setup with pitstop strategy 1 liter configured as that is the standard strategy for the Wednesday events.
So when I adjust the setup for the race, I save it with that pitstop strategy. That way I have always it covered after I have loaded the setup.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I load a saved base setup with pitstop strategy 1 liter configured as that is the standard strategy for the Wednesday events.
So when I adjust the setup for the race, I save it with that pitstop strategy. That way I have always it covered after I have loaded the setup.
Thanks Han, what a simple but excellent idea :thumbsup:

Your team member might find when he reviews the incident that the attacker may not of owned the corner at all but may of been pushing hard from behind when the defender left the road. Surely, his spinning car would of taken him out also if he had been alongside. He might find the attacker had lost some speed and was able to take a tighter line and avoid contact.
We will have a look later ;)

Hi Steve,

I ve made it my habit to check the pit settings during the race (Arrow keys)

Most tracks have a straight long enough that I don´t die doing it :cool:

Sell [UK] SimForge Mark-1, 3 Pedal Set BRAND NEW​

On our forum market place.

Now I know they are not exactly cheap, but I had the very similar
1701339455345.png
Pro pedals
The only reason I replaced them was because of you know what. They were virtually unbreakable. I would say go with sprints, but these are really a copy of those so I would say they were the same indestructible build.
But I still say second hand sprints or pro’s if you can find them, they really look after their customers.
It is a once in a life time purchase, there are some pro pedal for sale on eBay for a similar price.

PS I have had Fanatec pedals and the sprints or pros are a big step up.
But it is just money in the end. :(

If you can I´d still go with the sprints, they have the newer elastomers ( jury´s still out on those, I like them better than the old ones which are rumored to have been better than the Pro´s ones) and biggest advantage is the Smartcontrol software which does not work on the Pro´s.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.