F1 British Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Lewis had a bad start, lost 2 positions. Then he had 2 safety cars that allowed him to finish 2nd. Without those, he'd be 4th at best, 5th is the most realistic position. He is far from being the driver of the day. I would have gone with Leclerc if he had finished the race. Sadly he didn't, so the vote goes easily to vettel for the perfect race.
Vettel start 2nd and finish 1st : Driver of the Day
Vettel start 1st and finish 1st : Driver of the Day
Vettel bump Bottas, came back from P19 : Driver of the Day
Vettel bumped by others (Chineese GP) : Driver of the Day...

Forza Ferrari . Too many fanboy.
SC helps Ferrari : ok it's the the rules
SC helps Mercedes : THX SC, Mercedes reachs another podium... blablabla.

Crazzy. Vettel/Ferrari will win in 2018. No worries about that. No title since 2008 for Ferrari... fanboys will leave it !!!

Vettel start 2nd and finish 1st : Driver of the Day
Vettel start 1st and finish 1st : Driver of the Day
Vettel bump Bottas, came back from P19 : Driver of the Day
Vettel bumped by others (Chineese GP) : Driver of the Day...

Forza Ferrari . Too many fanboy.
SC helps Ferrari : ok it's the the rules
SC helps Mercedes : THX SC, Mercedes reachs another podium... blablabla.

Crazzy. Vettel/Ferrari will win in 2018. No worries about that. No title since 2008 for Ferrari... fanboys will leave it !!!
Not sure why you quoted me with your weird comment. You complain about fanboys but you seem to have jumped on the hate train anyway, so you aren't that different from those you hate so much.
That said, Vettel really had a perfect race today. He overtook hamilton at the start, he was the fastest on track for the majority of the race. He managed his tires well. He found himself behind bottas with 10 laps to go and he managed to pull a really nice overtake without messing up as usual. You can't really take it away from him this time. Hamilton messed up his race start and lost 2 positions to vettel and bottas. He then complained about his car having damage yet he was faster than Bottas (which pretty much means he had no damage). The 2 safety cars gave him the opportunity to close a 16 secs gap (or sth like that, can't remember) and be in the fight for p1. Overtaking 14 cars in the early phase of the race was certainly not impressive considering the difference in speed between Merc and the other cars (except ferrari ofc). It would have been weird if he didn't overtake them. His overtake on bottas was also easy, bottas had no tires and ofc he didn't defend too aggressively as they are teammates. Imho, today Hamilton was far from being impressive. As i said in my previous message, i would have voted Leclerc since he was fighting for p6 before the dnf.
Don't quote me again speaking of Ferrari fanboys when my comment was more than moderate, go to look for a fight somewhere else.

For me, Hamilton had the drive of the day. He fought his way back to 6th after the accident very quickly. Safety car helped him, but if you look at his pace, I think he would have ended up in the top 4 even without it. What I don't understand is why Lewis has to act like a complete child when things don't go his way. He is a great driver, but a big baby at times.

As an italian i can assure you his italian is fine and correct. The fact that he understands italian shows how much he loves ferrari, which imho is something you don't see that often as most drivers are just mercenaries. I don't see what's wrong with that.
Regarding the celebrations, i agree with you, he is a bit embarassing to watch.

At least with vettel's wins now i know more Italian words than just a "ciao" :D

OK, folks - I have just edited the poll to add Lewis - I'm entirely sure @Paul Jeffrey had two Kimis and zero Lewises totally by accident!! :D

However, since the forum software doesn't allow more than 20 responses, I had to change the second Kimi into Lewis so the 8 people who voted for that Kimi may wish to change their votes now ;)

Btw, Martin Brundle was NOT holding a Sky microphone when he was looking for Lewis - that was an official F1 mic. And I have to say I was disappointed that Lewis skipped that, but OK he struggles to deal with his emotions sometimes. (I am at least glad that he's getting better at it.)
Also, why the heck not vote for a driver who didn't finish? If you liked Leclerc's performance, vote for him. He DNFed through no fault of his own in any case. Bit harder to vote for Hartley tho, because I think I literally didn't see him on screen even once (C4 F1) until his car was on the dollies in the pit...

Accidents was order of the day....funny that it was kimi that hit Lewis and appears twice.

Sure Michael schumacher or Ayrton senna would have skipped the interview out of anger or spoke their minds, these are all fiery characters ....i know many of you that have quit a race online out of anger of being hit.

Congrats to Vettel.

Well deserved win for Vettel I must admit!!! Ricciardo should have easly got the 2nd position if Redbull didnt make him pit so early and ruining his race... Redbull betting on the wrong driver again and again.
Yeah, like they could predict ericcson was going to bin it straight after and cause a safety car... Get your head out of your backside mate, ricciardo was just unlucky ans didn't have the pace to challenge the front runners anyway

Gotta say it ......... bin watchin F1 a looooong time, Hamilton I would be a real fan but please stop acting like a little girl.:thumbsdown:

Now F1 is educational ;)

Grazzie Ragazzi, grande Lavoro.

well i know "grande macchina , bellissimo " too :p
ok my Italian language is at a great level now , not sure if i should apply to that university in milan that i have skipped 10 years ago because of not understanding Italian or not:D
but seriously i love this language

When Max Verstappen wins in Spielberg there is no vote for best driver? Little weird or must I say exactly as expected….

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back