F1 British Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Guys it seems a Formula2 driver get 4 race ban :| ok it's Santino Ferrucci , he crashed into his unlucky teammate
a little off topic update :D
Haas junior Santino Ferrucci banned for 4 races after being found guilty of deliberately crashing into his team-mate & driving an F2 car to the race pits while using a mobile phone. He also declined to attend when summoned by stewards

also he did a personal attack on his teammate on twitter(in skysport twitter) , and after that , his team "Trident" tweeted:

The contractual implications of what has happened will be dealt with by our lawyers. Never in these 12 years of sporting activity has anything even close to this ever occurred. We apologize for the show that we have regretfully offered.

now i have to go watch that race :D:rolleyes:

Not sure why you quoted me with your weird comment. You complain about fanboys but you seem to have jumped on the hate train anyway, so you aren't that different from those you hate so much.
That said, Vettel really had a perfect race today. He overtook hamilton at the start, he was the fastest on track for the majority of the race. He managed his tires well. He found himself behind bottas with 10 laps to go and he managed to pull a really nice overtake without messing up as usual. You can't really take it away from him this time. Hamilton messed up his race start and lost 2 positions to vettel and bottas. He then complained about his car having damage yet he was faster than Bottas (which pretty much means he had no damage). The 2 safety cars gave him the opportunity to close a 16 secs gap (or sth like that, can't remember) and be in the fight for p1. Overtaking 14 cars in the early phase of the race was certainly not impressive considering the difference in speed between Merc and the other cars (except ferrari ofc). It would have been weird if he didn't overtake them. His overtake on bottas was also easy, bottas had no tires and ofc he didn't defend too aggressively as they are teammates. Imho, today Hamilton was far from being impressive. As i said in my previous message, i would have voted Leclerc since he was fighting for p6 before the dnf.
Don't quote me again speaking of Ferrari fanboys when my comment was more than moderate, go to look for a fight somewhere else.
I think you've missed the part when Lewis was taken out and ended up down in 18th

I don't know how you can go with anyone but Hamilton for this one...and this coming from a guy who was literally on his feet cheering when Kimi took him out! :D

Well that kinda frustrates me as well it sounds so fake but maybe I'm just a downer lol
I kind of agree with you. He may genuinely be less of a d***head than he was a few years ago, or he may just be better at hiding it. I can't tell. I do know that I will never forget the dishonourable way he behaved on many occasions back then - e.g. "Multi 21".

Seb had carbon flying everywhere in France gets 5 seconds, Val finishes 7th
Kimi gets 10 for banging wheels, no damage and his victim finishes 2nd
1. Your argument actually strengthens the position that Seb should have gotten 10 seconds. Was that your intention?

2. What place the person who was hit ultimately ends up in is irrelevant; the ruling is made mid-race.

When Vettel loses, no one thinks he was dealt a bad hand. When Hammy loses, everyone rushes with tissues to defend him. He's a grown man, listening to him on the team radio is such a disappointment. Goes to show you no matter how many world titles you win doesn't make you a man.

I think you've missed the part when Lewis was taken out and ended up down in 18th
No, i didn't. I was considering what hamilton actively did and that is far from making him driver of the day. As i said, overtaking 14 cars is not impressive when he has a car that is several seconds faster. So what counts is his overall performance in terms of pace and overtakes against the top teams. Against cars with similar pace he remained stuck and the only reason he was 2nd at the end is that mercedes didnt pit bottas, which especially now looks like a very bad idea. All of this doesn't keep in consideration his continuous whining about his damaged car (which wasn't damaged). If this was the best performance of the day, then F1 should close now.

Lewis every time he gets dumped to the rear somewhere :
Got not power guys
Something wrong
Car don’t feel right
Cars broke
You guys have messed up again
I’m never going to catch up on these tyres
I can’t get past him
And on and on and on

Talk about whinging!
When he leading:
Great job guys,
This crowd is amazing (says that’s every circuit)
Cars amazing

Just a plain tosser

Last edited:
I was absolutely gutted for Bottas, really wanted him to win that race. Hamilton had a fantastic race, but yeah, he does whine a lot, he probably had the most fun race battling his way from the back to get 2nd is a spectacular achievement. I don't hold his whining against him as such though, he's a world champion, that's the kind of focus he has, I think Hamilton's biggest problem is he's not good at hiding his emotions when he's hopped up on adrenaline. I know if someone interviewed me after just a SIM race none of it would be fit for TV.

• Just been reading some of the media pieces on Ferrari gate
Someone in Mercedes garage is spiking Lewis's and Totos Red Bull
Forgive Niki but he is just going senile

Serious though the media has whipped it up but Lewis should know better that anything a driver says their fans believe, worse is Mercedes towing out this dribble

None of them have done anything good for F1 or Silverstone this weekend and I am pretty sure the new owners would see it that way

If you ask me they deserve a bigger fine then any driver for bringing the sport into disrepute
with their wild allegations

Vettel it is... Hamilton made a very good comeback, but 14 cars on the grid are just much too slow for a Mercedes and it almost takes no skill to overtake them with 3 DRS zones in one lap. E.g. Max had to do something similar in Monaco, but overtaking slower cars there is much more difficult. Hamilton was also helped here by safety cars. But... all this whining on the radio about his car being damaged severely (really?), not showing up on the grid for the interviews after the race (I don’t know the exact reason for this btw) and more or less accusing Kimi of deliberately hitting him, are why Lewis was not my driver of the day.

10 disagree on my comment, 2 agree and 1 laugh... Hehe! :thumbsup: 10 Ferrari fans? I root for Mclaren every race if I'm honest, but being realistic, I know where they are. As for Ferrari vs Merc, I think Ferrari can win the championship, fair and square without taking out Lewis and Bottas (different races) But as they already did, I think I like to cheer Mercedes even if I only like Bottas and not Lewis.

@Neil de Guzman, I disagreed and I am far from a Ferrari fan. But I don’t think Kimi would intentially do this, because of the driver/personality he is. It was a lap 1 racing incident if you ask me. Sometimes that is penalised with no penalty, a 5 sec penalty or in this case a 10 sec penalty.

you are right mate... I don't think those were intentional. But I personally think the red guys are too aggressive in every aspect. If they would take the fight to Merc, the only way is to give them a dose of their own medicine. If you watch the Merc youtube channel and try to understand their approach, their tactic has damage limitation all over the place. As for Ferrari, it's been their Achilles heel since last year. Too aggressive they even take each other out. I like this conversation both from non merc and ferrari fans.

Off topic, sorry... I totally forgot where I read it and what country it mentioned where red cars have higher rate of crashes and therefore has much expensive insurance. Could be mentally instigating only, I mean the color, but hey!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%