F1 British Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Alonso, Verstappen, Vettel and probably some others would have probably done the same thing. I just don't see how it's drive of the day. For the most part he just completed hard laps as usual, no different to if he was lapping in a more normal position. The passes were easy as pie too and almost like a video game.

Yep, and believe both Verstappen and Riccardio got driver of the day when they marched back up field from the back. And I don't think they got to P2, at least not both of them. So what's the difference?

So you are saying that overtaking 14 cars with either 70bhp less or cars with a way less efficient chassis in a track where you have 3 drs zones is impressive? Go watch Hamilton onboard, they didnt even defend most of the times.

No. I'm asking why is it different when someone else does it. When Seb, Max, or Ric marches through the grid to regain position, they end up driver of the day. But with Ham, there's always some excuse as to why it's not a big deal.

Disclaimer: I'm not a total Hamilton fan. Don't hate him, but he's not my favorite driver. I just see the hypocrisy in how some people don't give him credit, but then are quick to commend other drivers for doing the same thing.

No. I'm asking why is it different when someone else does it. When Seb, Max, or Ric marches through the grid to regain position, they end up driver of the day. But with Ham, there's always some excuse as to why it's not a big deal.

Disclaimer: I'm not a total Hamilton fan. Don't hate him, but he's not my favorite driver. I just see the hypocrisy in how some people don't give him credit, but then are quick to commend other drivers for doing the same thing.
Find a post where i say vettel deserves driver of the day because he gained 14 positions starting from last. I bet you can't. Now, if you don't mind, don't quote me when you aren't actually talking to me or about me.

Find a post where i say vettel deserves driver of the day because he gained 14 positions starting from last. I bet you can't. Now, if you don't mind, don't quote me when you aren't actually talking to me or about me.

Then why interject yourself into a general discussion. Of course I wasn't talking about you. But I was talking to you, responding to your comment. I quoted you, because that's what happens when you click "Reply". My comment was an obvious generalization, as was my reply, evident by the fact that I referred to "People" and not you specifically. So, if you don't mind... stop joining general discussions, if you can't separate yourself from the subject and discuss something in general terms. :thumbsup:

Then why interject yourself into a general discussion. Of course I wasn't talking about you. But I was talking to you, responding to your comment. I quoted you, because that's what happens when you click "Reply". My comment was an obvious generalization, as was my reply, evident by the fact that I referred to "People" and not you specifically. So, if you don't mind... stop joining general discussions, if you can't separate yourself from the subject and discuss something in general terms. :thumbsup:
I said my opinion. You replied to me as if i have always been biased during my previous comments. You are the one not understanding that if you quote someone, you are addressing that person, not everyone. What i said in my comments were for the most part facts. Check the laptimes and you will realize that ham could have finished in p4 at best without SC. Overtaking 14 cars isn't that impressive when you have a car that can go 2 secs faster on track. I wouldn't be impressed no matter the driver. Vettel has managed the race well, made a great overtake and qualified 2nd with neck pain. Had a perfect start and had 6 seconds of gpa from bottas early in the race. Everyone here is talking about bias towards anyone but hamilton. What i see is a huge bias towards hamilton for anything he does. Let's open our eyes and realize he is a good driver, but he is no god. He always had one of the fastest if not the fastest car on the grid and he had to fight with just his teammates for the majority of his f1 career. All of this without considering his personality and inability to be a sport man.

I said my opinion. You replied to me as if i have always been biased during my previous comments. You are the one not understanding that if you quote someone, you are addressing that person, not everyone. What i said in my comments were for the most part facts. Check the laptimes and you will realize that ham could have finished in p4 at best without SC. Overtaking 14 cars isn't that impressive when you have a car that can go 2 secs faster on track. I wouldn't be impressed no matter the driver. Vettel has managed the race well, made a great overtake and qualified 2nd with neck pain. Had a perfect start and had 6 seconds of gpa from bottas early in the race. Everyone here is talking about bias towards anyone but hamilton. What i see is a huge bias towards hamilton for anything he does. Let's open our eyes and realize he is a good driver, but he is no god. He always had one of the fastest if not the fastest car on the grid and he had to fight with just his teammates for the majority of his f1 career. All of this without considering his personality and inability to be a sport man.

No, I didn't. I never once said you said anything. I responded by restating my question, in general terms. And then said I see the hypocrisy of "some people". How is that directed at you? If you've never been hypocritical that way, then why include yourself in the some people group?

You said: "Find a post where i say vettel deserves driver of the day because he gained 14 positions starting from last. I bet you can't."

Where did I say anything about you specifically saying anything about Vettel or anyone else? I didn't. You mistakenly personalized a general statement.

And, you're the one misunderstanding the quotes. The system automatically inserts a quote when you click Reply, so the person knows who you're responding to. If it didn't, it would just appear like a random comment among many and the person you were responding to, wouldn't you know you were talking to them. That doesn't mean the comments in the response are referencing you specifically, they're just the continuation of the discussion/point, and that discussion was in general terms from the very start.

No, I didn't. I never once said you said anything. I responded by restating my question, in general terms. And then said I see the hypocrisy of "some people". How is that directed at you? If you've never been hypocritical that way, then why include yourself in the some people group?

You said: "Find a post where i say vettel deserves driver of the day because he gained 14 positions starting from last. I bet you can't."

Where did I say anything about you specifically saying anything about Vettel or anyone else? I didn't. You mistakenly personalized a general statement.

And, you're the one misunderstanding the quotes. The system automatically inserts a quote when you click Reply, so the person knows who you're responding to. If it didn't, it would just appear like a random comment among many and the person you were responding to, wouldn't you know you were talking to them. That doesn't mean the comments in the response are referencing you specifically, they're just the continuation of the discussion/point, and that discussion was in general terms from the very start.
You should learn how to use a forum. You dont click reply if you dont intend to reply directly to me, you simply start typing in the box below. If you quote someone, you are talking to that specific person. I dont misunderstand anything, it's you that dont really know how to write on a forum. That said, you weren't addressing me apparently, so im done.

You should learn how to use a forum. You dont click reply if you dont intend to reply directly to me, you simply start typing in the box below. If you quote someone, you are talking to that specific person. I dont misunderstand anything, it's you that dont really know how to write on a forum. That said, you weren't addressing me apparently, so im done.

Do you actually absorb what you read, or just skim enough to try to justify your point?

Like I said: "The system automatically inserts a quote when you click Reply, so the person knows who you're responding to."

I clicked reply, because I was responding to you. What I wasn't doing was saying that you, specifically, ever said anything about Vettel or anyone else being driver of the day. In that part of the reply, I was speaking to you about people in general. Contrary to your apparent belief, I can address you without talking about you.

Do you get it now? :rolleyes:

Do you actually absorb what you read, or just skim enough to try to justify your point?

Like I said: "The system automatically inserts a quote when you click Reply, so the person knows who you're responding to."

I clicked reply, because I was responding to you. What I wasn't doing was saying that you, specifically, ever said anything about Vettel or anyone else being driver of the day. In that part of the reply, I was speaking to you about people in general. Contrary to your apparent belief, I can address you without talking about you.

Do you get it now? :rolleyes:
I get it. You talk about whatever you want with a random guy. Dont reply to someone specifically if you talk generally. That way it looks like you are addressing that person specifically, even when not speaking of him directly.

Tricky vote:
Hamilton drove really well, smashing Bottas but he is a cry baby.
Max almost took my vote, beating again good teammate and drove exceptional defending against a much faster car.
Vettel should take my vote, he was flawless.
But
I voted

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back