F1 British Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

@Neil de Guzman, I agree about Ferrari being too aggressive sometimes. I still remember the Ferrari sandwich of Max... and Ferrari even tried to put the blame on Max for that! That is also one of the reasons I said I am not a Ferrari fan!:D

Crashes happens. Considering them as an actual stats without real numbers and without considering all the variables into play is just childish and ridicolous. I shall remind you that mercedes took themselves out at barcelona in 2016, no one said they were too aggressive or not good enough. Crashes happens, especially when there is so much at stake. Vettel lost the fight to hamilton at paul richard because of the crash and kimi finished behind hamilton at silverstone and the only reason kimi was ahead of bottas were the 2 SC. I keep seeing people complaining of ferrari fans, but all i see are some guys crying about everything (hamilton included).

Alonso and LeClerc drivers of the day, easily.
Sorry what I meant was it gets a bit old when he says the same line every race win from the view of a non Italian speaker.
What line is that? Why does it get old? Why does matter if you're a non-Italian speaker? And why did you say his Italian is bad? FYI his Italian is fine.

Alonso and LeClerc drivers of the day, easily.
What line is that? Why does it get old? Why does matter if you're a non-Italian speaker? And why did you say his Italian is bad? FYI his Italian is fine.

Whoa bud your really smart and this act you got going on here with the multiple questions that have already been answered so you can swamp me in bullshit because you don't have a point, that's real cool to. FYI I don't care about your response

LH for driver of the day for me, sure he had the more powerful car, but so do RB and Ferrari. 3 laps after the restart and they had pulled out ten seconds or so... that's just a shame. Dropping to last and coming through the pack is DOTD worthy regardless of who they are.

I think it's really hard to tell who drives best in each race or season. You can see that a driver is good at some point during a race, you can also see that the car is good, but I have problems to see which one of them is more in control of how superb a race was. Of course Hamilton and Vettel are great at their job and it's the same for Ferrari And Mercedes (and sometime Redbull), but when I see the gap between the top teams and the rest I'm not sure if you could replace, let's say Bottas with Magnusen, and expect anything to change much. At least it's farely even in the front now, since the cameras don't always show the action behind the top 6.

Whoa bud your really smart and this act you got going on here with the multiple questions that have already been answered so you can swamp me in bullshit because you don't have a point, that's real cool to. FYI I don't care about your response
Wow, so hostile. I didn't read the entire thread, it's 4 pages long and I was at work on a cellphone. All I saw was a reply from someone saying Vettel's Italian is fine, which it is, and your reply saying "it gets a bit old when he says the same line every race win from the view of a non Italian speaker."

I just read the entire thread and contrary to what you stated, you didn't answer a single question.

What line is it? Someone else pointed out "grazie ragazzi." Is that also what you were referring to?

If that's the line you were referring to, why does it get old? Why would thanking one's team get old?

Why does it matter if you're a non-Italian speaker? Someone is thanking their team, what does it matter what language you yourself speak?

If you're a non-Italian speaker, how do you know if someone's Italian is bad?

Why do you think Vettel's Italian is bad (it's actually pretty good)?

I think these are legit questions and there's no reason for you to be so hostile...

Last edited:
No love for grosjean? the hero we need ? :D:p

Lewis had a bad start, lost 2 positions. Then he had 2 safety cars that allowed him to finish 2nd. Without those, he'd be 4th at best, 5th is the most realistic position. He is far from being the driver of the day. I would have gone with Leclerc if he had finished the race. Sadly he didn't, so the vote goes easily to vettel for the perfect race.

Seriously????? Even finishing P4 or P5 would have been an accomplishment after getting torpedoed by Kimi and falling back to last place.

Wow, so hostile. I didn't read the entire thread, it's 4 pages long and I was at work on a cellphone. All I saw was a reply from someone saying Vettel's Italian is fine, which it is, and your reply saying "it gets a bit old when he says the same line every race win from the view of a non Italian speaker."

I just read the entire thread and contrary to what you stated, you didn't answer a single question.

What line is it? Someone else pointed out "grazie ragazzi." Is that also what you were referring to?

If that's the line you were referring to, why does it get old? Why would thanking one's team get old?

Why does it matter if you're a non-Italian speaker? Someone is thanking their team, what does it matter what language you yourself speak?

If you're a non-Italian speaker, how do you know if someone's Italian is bad?

Why do you think Vettel's Italian is bad (it's actually pretty good)?

I think these are legit questions and there's no reason for you to be so hostile...

I think being hostile is posting disagree and every post and interrogating me, that was the point I was trying to get across but I guess you needed to write a Yuge post for no reason.

*angry Italian defends team's driver a hiigh speed over a joke*

I think being hostile is posting disagree and every post and interrogating me, that was the point I was trying to get across but I guess you needed to write a Yuge post for no reason.

*angry Italian defends team's driver a hiigh speed over a joke*
Still failed to answer anything. Still deflecting.

That's a massive stretch. A wheel to wheel contact that did no damage is hardly torpedoed.
Whatever, the point is the same. The bad start wasn't the issue. He came back from last place to P2. Unless the other cars are standing still, that's a good drive any given Sunday. And whenever any other driver moves up from last to a podium, there's little debate about Driver of the Day. But the Ham-Hate is so strong with some, they'll never give him credit for anything.

Whatever, the point is the same. The bad start wasn't the issue. He came back from last place to P2. Unless the other cars are standing still, that's a good drive any given Sunday. And whenever any other driver moves up from last to a podium, there's little debate about Driver of the Day. But the Ham-Hate is so strong with some, they'll never give him credit for anything.
Alonso, Verstappen, Vettel and probably some others would have probably done the same thing. I just don't see how it's drive of the day. For the most part he just completed hard laps as usual, no different to if he was lapping in a more normal position. The passes were easy as pie too and almost like a video game.

Seriously????? Even finishing P4 or P5 would have been an accomplishment after getting torpedoed by Kimi and falling back to last place.
So you are saying that overtaking 14 cars with either 70bhp less or cars with a way less efficient chassis in a track where you have 3 drs zones is impressive? Go watch Hamilton onboard, they didnt even defend most of the times.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%