F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

I am currently looking for someone who can replace the original cars with classic cars for new classic season mods. If you can help me there, that would be great!

I currently have someone for all other areas, faces, skins, flags, performance, etc.

20210729112408_1.jpg

Hello,

Could someone tell me where to find the paddocks erp please? And in particular those I have framed in the photo which are those of my team? The race directors' box and the interior of my garage are white, that annoys me!
Screenshot_20210813.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Could someone tell me where to find the paddocks erp please? And in particular those I have framed in the photo which are those of my team? The race directors' box and the interior of my garage are white, that annoys me!View attachment 495335
There is a large file for each individual circuit, and for every mode. Changing this is hell, so I don't recommend this to you. If, for example, the file path from Abu Dhabi is here:

F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\environment_package\tracks\abu_dhabi\wep

Hello,
I'm stuck on a small modification of the steering wheel! I modified some textures in the steeringwheel.d file but when I want to modify the decals_da file to insert my modified logos and buttons my steering wheel turns all white ... Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Hello,
I'm stuck on a small modification of the steering wheel! I modified some textures in the steeringwheel.d file but when I want to modify the decals_da file to insert my modified logos and buttons my steering wheel turns all white ... Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
If you provided an image, it might be easier to diagnose. But I suspect that you didn't create and save out an alpha channel for the decal file.

If you provided an image, it might be easier to diagnose. But I suspect that you didn't create and save out an alpha channel for the decal file.
I'll go get the images for you but actually I think that's it since I didn't create any. Can you quickly explain the procedure to me? No need to go into details I don't want to bore you just the steps ...

I'll go get the images for you but actually I think that's it since I didn't create any. Can you quickly explain the procedure to me? No need to go into details I don't want to bore you just the steps ...
I use Photoshop...

.... and export with these settings.

Hello,
The invisible areas in your texture files most likely have invisible white pixels, thus they are not actually invisible in-game. Paint.net used to do this before the latest versions. Either that or they are the incorrect DDS formats (BC1 SRGB etc.)

Last edited:
Can someone walk me through the team logo changer included in modular mods please? I can’t figure out how to use the tool, and there doesn’t seem to be a proper tutorial anywhere online. I’m making a grid of custom skinned cars so I’d like the logos in the time trial selection/showroom to match. Thanks in advance!

I hope here I am correct with the question that I have.
If I want to exchange the 3D model of an F1 team with ERP, which data do I have to change / copy? Thanks for the answers.

I use Photoshop...

.... and export with these settings.

Hello, Thank you for your answer. I followed your instructions in your other posts and managed to do my steering wheel.

Hello,

I would like to remove the myteam logo on the outfit of my pitcrew or my racecrew or my facilities. Basically the logo which appears in the box is the logo of my team but it is put in its places automatically. I would like it to disappear entirely! Is this possible and how to do it?
Screenshot_20210915_081236-ConvertImage (1).png
Screenshot_20210915_081130-ConvertImage.png

Hello, I realized that sponsor decals for gloves are separate from the actual gloves texture, but is there a way to check the placement of each logo on the gloves? The logo file only shows the logos arranged in a certain way but I can't deduce the placement from that alone. I tried importing a gloves texture with the logos on it already but the left hand glove iirc is flipped, including the logos

Hello,

I would like to remove the myteam logo on the outfit of my pitcrew or my racecrew or my facilities. Basically the logo which appears in the box is the logo of my team but it is put in its places automatically. I would like it to disappear entirely! Is this possible and how to do it?
View attachment 503130View attachment 503131
You will need to import a blank logo to be able to select in game.
Steam\steamapps\common\F1_2020\2020_assest_groups\ui_package\texture_array\customisation\cstm_badge_large\emblem is the file location (or wherever F1 is located on your PC)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.