F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Excuse me if this has been answered before but I have suddenly lost my custom driver's helmet?
I have checked in Ergo ERP and everything is where it should be, it is also in place in the modular mod.
But when I access the game, the 70's edition shows a plain white helmet. I have tried moving my custom helmet into one of the Schumacher ones but they don't have a wing and it looks odd
I'm stumped so any help would be of great assistance, thanks

Can someone Make me this Livery for Alpine F1 Team for My Carrer?
1639938888172.png

I'm used to making skins for rFactor 1/2 and Assetto Corsa...

For some reason anything I do with F1 2020 seems washed out as if the contrast is turned down... I don't have that problem in the other titles so I'm obviously missing something in the settings...

I'm using GIMP atm but can switch to Photoshop 2019 CC if need be...

Can someone with experience in rFactor or AC and has experience with the differences in F1 2020 show me in the right direction?

I'm used to making skins for rFactor 1/2 and Assetto Corsa...

For some reason anything I do with F1 2020 seems washed out as if the contrast is turned down... I don't have that problem in the other titles so I'm obviously missing something in the settings...

I'm using GIMP atm but can switch to Photoshop 2019 CC if need be...

Can someone with experience in rFactor or AC and has experience with the differences in F1 2020 show me in the right direction?
I use Photoshop for making skins for Assetto Corsa and F1 2020/2021. IMHO your issue is the export settings for your .dds files. I am using the Intel TextureWorks plugin with Photoshop 2019 CC / 2022 CC and I have presets for each game for diffuse, specular, decals etc. because I have found them, for the most part, to all be different. Exporting BC7 Linear can give you slightly different and washed out colours, in F1 2020, in game vs exporting as BC7 sRGB.

Cheers

I swapped most cars on the grid to the classic ones but when I make the change necessary to get the period correct tires it disables ERS for the car. I can use it by changing it in the MFD but that's only in practice, while in the race the only way to use it is the overtake button and that's specifically what gets disabled.

The problem is I'm pretty sure it's still enabled for the CPU drivers. Is there any way to either enable ERS while having the correct tires or to disable it for the everyone on the grid?

Last edited:
Greetings!
In F1 2021, is there a way to control drive transfers?
I mean, its boring to see driver line ups like Hamilton/Bottas in Mercedes turn into a Zhou/Aitken (or something like that) and see a Mercedes with a nice P&D running out of points...

I swapped most cars on the grid to the classic ones but when I make the change necessary to get the period correct tires it disables ERS for the car. I can use it by changing it in the MFD but that's only in practice, while in the race the only way to use it is the overtake button and that's specifically what gets disabled.

The problem is I'm pretty sure it's still enabled for the CPU drivers. Is there any way to either enable ERS while having the correct tires or to disable it for the everyone on the grid?
Enable the ERS helper in your options, that is the only way it will work.
Also remember that the "correct tyre" is not often what you expect, as the classics only know dry and wet so good luck on inter conditions (they count as dry).

Enable the ERS helper in your options, that is the only way it will work.
Also remember that the "correct tyre" is not often what you expect, as the classics only know dry and wet so good luck on inter conditions (they count as dry).
I know that the classic tires only have Dry and Wets but I thought it'd be cool to have Good Year, Bridgestone, and Pirelli tires all on the grid at the same time. Yeah I assume there'd be unequal performance but if it's possible to change how the tire compounds behave I would assume it wouldn't be too bad. New to modding F1 though so I could be extremely wrong about that. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

Hi,
Having uploaded a few MyTeam mods in here, I now want to try my hand at modding the actual in game car chassis themselves...Any pointers would be helpful as currently, I can't see how you guys can do it.

Last edited:
Hi,
Having uploaded a few MyTeam mods in here, I now want to try my hand at modding the actual in game car chassis themselves...Any pointers would be helpful as currently, I can't see how you guys can do it.
Are you talking about swapping the models already in the game or putting custom ones into the game because as far as I know you can't add you own custom models to the game.

If you mean swapping ingame car models this is the tutorial that I used.

Be warned if you do the step for changing the tires on the classics you will lose the Overtake function. Editing the livery for some classics is a pain too then again I'm not the best at liveries and I don't have all the PS models.

Last edited:
What's the deal with releasing mods that come from heavily edited default skins?

For example...

20220319142233_1.jpg

20220319142141_1.jpg

The engine and a few other parts come from the legendary 19 skin...

Are you talking about swapping the models already in the game or putting custom ones into the game because as far as I know you can't add you own custom models to the game.

If you mean swapping ingame car models this is the tutorial that I used.

Be warned if you do the step for changing the tires on the classics you will lose the Overtake function. Editing the livery for some classics is a pain too then again I'm not the best at liveries and I don't have all the PS models.
Thanks for the response.
What I mean is making my own mods for using on the actual car chassis rather than modding to the FOM one.

Thanks for the response.
What I mean is making my own mods for using on the actual car chassis rather than modding to the FOM one.
Are you referring to modding F1 manufacturer chassis vs the FOM chassis? Or are you are you referring to modding existing FOM car game liveries vs. creating your own from scratch?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years