F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

I have installed/made mods in 2018 & 2019 F1 but just recently got 2020 and decided I wanted to do some mods for the My Team in this game. I know how to use photoshop/EGO ERP so I’ll try and keep my questions to only a few. Also sorry if this has already been answered but this thread is 65 pages long and after reading for close to an hour I can’t find the info I am looking for. Haha

First- where can I install custom helmets? I know in most of the tutorials they say to use Fom1 but I don’t have the DLC for that and it is locked. Does anyone know the file names for the 6 basic helmets the game comes with. Are they Common, rare, uncommon or special? In 2019 they were easier to find in EGO and I’m having a hard time finding them.

Second- what are the color codes for the under layers? I know Green= matte and Yellow= gloss, but what are the colors for chrome and metallic colors.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Im trying to make my own livery using photoshop but I have problem with letters that are located inside cockpit and on halo they look like this, not sharp at all in photoshop it looks fine even with high zoom, is it problem when saving file or what could cause this?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 88
Im trying to make my own livery using photoshop but I have problem with letters that are located inside cockpit and on halo they look like this, not sharp at all in photoshop it looks fine even with high zoom, is it problem when saving file or what could cause this?
IMHO this is because the F1 2020 3D model doesn't have very much texture space on the halo. They've rectified this on the F1 2021 FOM 3D model.

Last edited:
Basic car textures are 4096x4096. but if you use a 8192x8192 you will have logo without or less aliasing but it could reduce the fps in game depending of your pc specs...

Are any of the F1 2021 car mods compatible to install in F1 2020. The reason I ask is that I am looking to run the 2021 Williams livery (diagonal stripe), and to date, I haven't found any mods for it in 2020

Attachments

• 750_preview_1.png
    750_preview_1.png
    907.5 KB · Views: 92
hi everyone I have a big problem. The suits and some greyhounds are blurry.
Many have said MINIMAP but What is MINIMAP?
How do you do what should I do?
please help me please. Thank you

hi everyone i am very desperate all fuzzy pilot suits and some fuzzy livers all tell me about the minimap i know where to start i don't know what to do please desperately help me please answer. Thank you .

here this is the Ferrari minimap what should I do?

IMG_20211101_180117.jpg

What is meant is that you should also save the mipmap files if requested.
For example my driversuit is stored in: F1 2020 Deluxe\steamapps\common\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\racenet01. And if I change this I have to go into Erparchiver and import a new suit. After doing that a new window will open and I will also have to save the mipmap to: F1 2020 Deluxe\steamapps\common\F1 2020\character_package\team_livery\racenet01\textures. Do this and save the file in the erp archiver. This is an example for the driver suit. Search the forum and you'll find everything you need to get rid of the blurr.

hi everyone i am very desperate all fuzzy pilot suits and some fuzzy livers all tell me about the minimap i know where to start i don't know what to do please desperately help me please answer. Thank you .

here this is the Ferrari minimap what should I do?

View attachment 514609
If you have correcly set the path to the game in the settings tab of EEA it will automatically save the mipmap files in the correct place for you when you import a new texture. It just will ask you if you want to overwrite and you just have to answer "yes".

Question regarding Modular Mods...
Is there a way to "move" F1 Teams to other F1 Teams as opposed to just MyTeam/FOM and vice versa?

I realize you can edit car performance files, but wouldn't it be "easier" (for the end user) to just swap .erps on top of the default tier list or whatever the myteam/career rnd affected tier list is at any given time and not have to worry about the xml files at all?

Is this feasible at all, is it even possible? I'm genuinely curious, not posting this as a request/critique.

Question regarding Modular Mods...
Is there a way to "move" F1 Teams to other F1 Teams as opposed to just MyTeam/FOM and vice versa?

I realize you can edit car performance files, but wouldn't it be "easier" (for the end user) to just swap .erps on top of the default tier list or whatever the myteam/career rnd affected tier list is at any given time and not have to worry about the xml files at all?

Is this feasible at all, is it even possible? I'm genuinely curious, not posting this as a request/critique.
If you just swap those files, the tier will still be different. The team's engine/base performance are set in the database. You can put Mercedes vtf into Williams and they still won't win.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 5.9%