F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Are you referring to modding F1 manufacturer chassis vs the FOM chassis? Or are you are you referring to modding existing FOM car game liveries vs. creating your own from scratch?
I have posted FOM car mods in here, so I know what to do there. What I want to know is how I can make mods for the in-game car. IE, modding an alternative livery to a car that I can use in the game rather than just the FOM MyTeam

I have posted FOM car mods in here, so I know what to do there. What I want to know is how I can make mods for the in-game car. IE, modding an alternative livery to a car that I can use in the game rather than just the FOM MyTeam
Ah.

You will want to get the Photoshop 3d template for the team cars from JBuron's site, and then it's more of the less the same process as modding the FOM car.... except extremely limiting in what areas of the car you can actually mod. :( And they all have decals files, for sponsors, with an alpha channel that you may have to modify accordingly.

You can also mod a chassis swap so that you can use any of the F1 team cars instead of the FOM car for my team.

• Deleted member 408599

Hello, mens .
Hi guys. In what format are the wheel files saved? Any guide on what format to save the DDS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys :D I got this error message when I was trying to import my own sidewall textures for f1 2020. It has problems with TexArrayIndex type of texture.
Does anyone know how to import this type of texture file and fix this ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 83
Ah.

You will want to get the Photoshop 3d template for the team cars from JBuron's site, and then it's more of the less the same process as modding the FOM car.... except extremely limiting in what areas of the car you can actually mod. :( And they all have decals files, for sponsors, with an alpha channel that you may have to modify accordingly.

You can also mod a chassis swap so that you can use any of the F1 team cars instead of the FOM car for my team.
For some reason, I have just seen this, sorry for the delay in responding to it and thanks for the info

Idk if someone will reply to this but does anyone know how to change audio driver name? I want to change it for my personal mod

When in Race Headquarters before you start a race, scroll along to corporate, then F7 to Customisation, click on Driver Profile then scroll along to the 2nd last option at the bottom and you can change your name from there. If you want a special name I don't think it's possible, just the names Codies supply

Last edited:
When in Race Headquarters before you start a race, scroll along to corporate, then F7 to Customisation, click on Driver Profile then scroll along to the 2nd last option at the bottom and you can change your name from there. If you want a special name I don't think it's possible, just the names Codies supply
What i mean is changing the driver commentary audio, like 2021 season mod do it. I done swapping bottas face to George, now i just need to know how to change the commentary audio.

Sorry if this hard to understand.
Thanks for the reply too

What i mean is changing the driver commentary audio, like 2021 season mod do it. I done swapping bottas face to George, now i just need to know how to change the commentary audio.

Sorry if this hard to understand.
Thanks for the reply too
Use a HEX Editor and open the speechevent.bin file in the audio folder.

Hi mate,

Could you help me ... I wanted to use 3dsim, to remove that side part of the car below in the photo and save the car body in 3d model, without this part.

I also wanted to know, how to copy this part, above the car and paste it on the other side of the car, do you know how to do it?

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    809.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hi mate,

Could you help me ... I wanted to use 3dsim, to remove that side part of the car below in the photo and save the car body in 3d model, without this part.

I also wanted to know, how to copy this part, above the car and paste it on the other side of the car, do you know how to do it?
Sorry I'm not familiar with 3D Sim, I use Photoshop, does 3D Sim support layers? Can't you just erase the parts you don't want and save it?

Hi I am very new to F1 2020 modding so for the time being I am only replacing the textures that the UI uses and I want to replace the Wrong Way icon but I can't find the exact .erp file it is in I have tried flow_frontend.erp, flow_options.erp etc. but none of the .erp files where I replaced the icon don't show up in-game. So I would like somebody to tell in which file exactly the texture is stored. I left some screenshots how it looks in-game and with what I want to replace it with.

Attachments

• wrngwy.png
    wrngwy.png
    599.3 KB · Views: 65
  • wrngwyico.png
    wrngwyico.png
    10 KB · Views: 62
Hi I am very new to F1 2020 modding so for the time being I am only replacing the textures that the UI uses and I want to replace the Wrong Way icon but I can't find the exact .erp file it is in I have tried flow_frontend.erp, flow_options.erp etc. but none of the .erp files where I replaced the icon don't show up in-game. So I would like somebody to tell in which file exactly the texture is stored. I left some screenshots how it looks in-game and with what I want to replace it with.
Easiest way is to use this mod:

Hello, a long time ago, I saw that people were able to swap the career helmet model for the real helmet models (e.g. Verstappen's Schuberth helmet and Leclerc's Bell) the AI use. Does anybody know how to make this possible so I too can use the AI helmet models?

Hi!

Is there a mod that increases the length of the retiring screen or cancels it entirely (the one that triggers, when the car cannot drive anymore) ?

Have briefly tried looking for such a mod, but can't seem to get my keywords straight if one does exist already..

Is there a way to recolor the outlined aero on the halo to make it look similar to the 2021 Mercedes?

Attachments

• aerobit 2021.jpg
    aerobit 2021.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 64
  • aero bit.png
    aero bit.png
    693.2 KB · Views: 73
Hey guys,
how can I change the livery of the Williams car? The other teams have their normal paint_d file, however the Williams just has this weird paint_m file, which doesn't reflect the real colurs in game that are shown in the file.
Do you have an advice for me?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back