F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Question: How do I modify the helmet.n flies, so I can create the glitter patterns like on Verstappen's helmet.

Edit: don't reply to my question because I figured it out so don't worry.

Last edited:
I've used the exact same settings as you, however my car still appears white. I'm trying to replace redbull_decal_da.tif.dds.
What is the issue with the alpha channel? I hear it on each of these questions, however i'm a complete beginner to this. Thank you!
The issue with YOUR alpha channel, IMHO, is that it is incorrect or missing. After you edit the image file, you have to edit or create a new alpha channel. When you open the redbull_decal_da.tif.dds, you will get an option to "load transparency as alpha channel". You should enable this option. It will load the existing alpha channel into your file. Switch to the Channels tab and you will see it.

RedBullDecals.png

"Alt + left mouse button" on the "Alpha" channel and you will see what it looks like. Any changes you make to the image file must be reflected as masked out areas in the alpha channel when you save the file.

Colour
1609560694626.png

Alpha
1609560683974.png

Cheers

I changed the 70th gloves in colour and decals. They show in myteam, but not in the game when riding the car. What can it be?

Tryed everything .... who has the same problem.

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to know how to do the Chrome effect on a helmet, I am trying to do it with Adobe Photoshop but I do not know how to do it, since I am new to editing helmets, it would help me a lot if you guided me ... Thanks / Hola, quisiera saber como se hace el efecto de Chrome en un casco, yo lo estoy tratando de hacer por Adobe Photoshop pero no se como hacerlo, ya que soy nuevo editando cascos, me ayudaria mucho si me guiaran... Gracias

Hallo! Wir haben ein Problem: wenn wir Mods installieren, sind alle Autos immer pixelig und unscharf. Rennanzüge und Helme sind super! Woran kann das liegen? Machen wir etwas falsch? Danke für eure Antworten!

Hallo! Wir haben ein Problem: wenn wir Mods installieren, sind alle Autos immer pixelig und unscharf. Rennanzüge und Helme sind super! Woran kann das liegen? Machen wir etwas falsch? Danke für eure Antworten!
English only, please.
When you install mods, make sure you overwrite the mipmap files, too. If the cars look pixeled, the erp contains a texture and the textures-folder have different mipmap files. So the game is unable to load the correct mipmaps.

Edit: If you have the problem with myteam car, then it is because you did not install the textures into myteam_ENGINE.erp.
But you don't have to, if you use my files: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...commended-basefiles-for-skinners-users.38241/

Last edited:
Is it a know issues: Glove sponsors don't show on track.
Or should we do something special.

It would be nice if someone can answer this question. :cool:

So, I have some kind of issue with the _s layer for custom liveries.
I never noticed this issue because I didn't use chrome or metallic layers up until now. Then I noticed that the layers I import via ERP-Archiver doesn't really seem to apply. I thought I may did something wrong while saving the image. So I went on and tested with the original .dds-files provided by the game.
Since the golden keep fighting livery has the kind of glimmer I aspire, I just exported all 3 layers (_d, _m, _s) and reimported them. I attached the results below (spoiler: They are not the same obviously - even though they should be). Does anyone have an idea why the hell this happens and how I can get the game to apply the layers correctly?

Attachments

• Livery Test.png
    Livery Test.png
    622.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Livery Original.png
    Livery Original.png
    653.2 KB · Views: 100
Which files are the logos in Career Team Choose page?View attachment 433598

They are in the UI folder there are a bunch of .ERP files to be opened with EGO Erp archiver I'm not at my pc now I can't remember which one it is.
I think pre race flow.erp or persistantnflow.erp something like that.
The Ferrari logo is always the first one anyway and you scroll them by pressing the light arrows on the bottom in EGO Erp archiver.

Screenshot (144).png
This happens after doing a chassis swap (Mercedes chassis, if you are wondering.) This is the RP chassis, it's also showed in the showroom. But in the race it appears as it should. Did anyone already have this? And any fix?

So, I have some kind of issue with the _s layer for custom liveries.
I never noticed this issue because I didn't use chrome or metallic layers up until now. Then I noticed that the layers I import via ERP-Archiver doesn't really seem to apply. I thought I may did something wrong while saving the image. So I went on and tested with the original .dds-files provided by the game.
Since the golden keep fighting livery has the kind of glimmer I aspire, I just exported all 3 layers (_d, _m, _s) and reimported them. I attached the results below (spoiler: They are not the same obviously - even though they should be). Does anyone have an idea why the hell this happens and how I can get the game to apply the layers correctly?

Best guess, without more info, is that you are modding the F170? If so try another car. The Racenet car definitely works with all the different finishes in the _s map.

Best guess, without more info, is that you are modding the F170? If so try another car. The Racenet car definitely works with all the different finishes in the _s map.
Up to this point I tried some more liveries
All of the Keep Fightings, EndRacism, F170, RaceNet and WeRaceAsOne. Seems to be the same problem with everyone of them

Edit: I resetted my gamefiles to retry the whole thing on a clean slate. Now it worked with the Racenet.

Last edited:
Also: Some other issue
Does anyone found an easy way to distort texts on custom helmets so it doesn't look like a pile of **** ingame?
If you're using Photoshop then camera project your text onto the helmet surface. Don't try and apply it onto the UV map directly.

Cheers

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%