F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Can you elaborate what you did ? Cause i dont know if im doing something wrong. I exported Ferrari xml, i changed <Mass value="95.000000" /> to 150.000000 imported again, saved, played a grand prix ( 5 laps ) and ferrari stayed 1st and 2nd. So i came back and change it to 200,000000, played another one, and 1 ferrari came in 3rd, the other one 1st, then im playing practice 3 in Carrer and ferrari came in top 5. So nothing changed really.
95 it's engine mass. You need to find chassis mass (over 700 kg).

Yo must download EEA and export the Xml file of each car once you have done that I reccomend you to search the car mass and edit the weight of the cars so that Will make the cars work EXACTLY as you would like to WITHOUT EXPENDING TOO MUCH TIME researching for the specific values on each part of the car. Dont make the difference too big (something like 50kg) because a huge change on car mass would make the car too quick change between 1 and 15kg

where can I download this EEA please?
Thanks

Can you elaborate what you did ? Cause i dont know if im doing something wrong. I exported Ferrari xml, i changed <Mass value="95.000000" /> to 150.000000 imported again, saved, played a grand prix ( 5 laps ) and ferrari stayed 1st and 2nd. So i came back and change it to 200,000000, played another one, and 1 ferrari came in 3rd, the other one 1st, then im playing practice 3 in Carrer and ferrari came in top 5. So nothing changed really.
HAHAHAHA You where not changing the right mass value

Seems that every car has 95 mass, if i want lets say Force India to be like Ferrari i need to lower it down a little ? and export it and thats it ?
upload_2018-11-17_11-5-9.png

This is the mass value you must change

Hi guys I have revised my "F1 2018 Realistic France Sponsors" work adn I have seen that the track is retty innacurate in the game and in real life in terms of sponsors, I would like to ask If anyone wants me to rework for completely that track

I am trying to edit the XML file to make damage more realistic for a skin mod, but when I edit the XML and import it and then save the ERP file, it does not change anything. Like the imported file does not save. When I extract the XML again all the changes are reversed. How do I fix this?

I can't seem to get it working no matter what.
Here is what I do-
1)Open the Lotus.erp file
2)Go to XML tab and export the vtf file as vtf.xml
3)Edit the values
4)Then back in the editor, click on the vtf file again and click import xml and choose the edited vtf.xml file
5)Nothing happens then, I press save file, overwrite the old one.

But nothing I import saves, like it does not import anything. If I extract the file from archive, no changes are made to the xml file. What is the problem here?

Hi All, does anybody have a time difference that chassis mass makes? For example mass change of 10 gives 0.4sec or something...
Since, I got the base numbers for mass of all cars, and based on it, Force India is 4th best team, which I think is not correct. While Ferrari/Merc/RB all have same value for chassis mass. I know that differences are impacted by much more, but I'm trying to go simple :)

I can't seem to get it working no matter what.
Here is what I do-
1)Open the Lotus.erp file
2)Go to XML tab and export the vtf file as vtf.xml
3)Edit the values
4)Then back in the editor, click on the vtf file again and click import xml and choose the edited vtf.xml file
5)Nothing happens then, I press save file, overwrite the old one.

But nothing I import saves, like it does not import anything. If I extract the file from archive, no changes are made to the xml file. What is the problem here?
I tried and I have the same problem. Running the ERP editor with admin rights does not fix it.

are you for sure saving the edited file and importing that and not just importing the same file
It is working for me now. Problem was that I was using an outdated version of the editor. For some reason the website where you download the editor has newest version at the bottom, instead of being at the top.

Would anyone here know how to adjust the horizontal angle of the mirrors in cockpit mode? Since with some camera settings half of the mirror is taken up by the engine cover, it'd be nice to actually see out more with the mirrors.

I've finally given in and started using Photoshop to make my amendments thanks to the need for an Intel plugin. Wish I'd done this ages ago as the 3D models are a huge help! Getting carried away now with modding and making changes to everything but I've hit a roadblock on the Force India Decal_da.

No matter where I open it from; Through the 3d PSD or from other mod files on here, there's no layer group and no alpha channel? It's the weirdest thing. If I go to export it from the ERP; EEA tell sme that Lz4 is corrupted. I verified integrity through steam but no change, yet OG skin is fine in game.

It all seems locked into one file. I spent a while arranging decals then created my own background before I noticed the Alpha channel was missing, I saved it as was so I didn't lose progress and when I reloaded it all the layers I had were also grouped into one.

Is there a resolution to this or am I better swapping the chassis to something that works fine?

TL;DR: Anyone else having problems with the Force Indai Decal file?

I

TL;DR: Anyone else having problems with the Force Indai Decal file?

This can be ignored.

For anyone encountering an issue like this, I think there might be an issue with 1.14. I loaded a decal file from a previous version into GIMP and saved it the old fashioned way, then loaded it into PS without the alpha channel/transparency option. Put down a new background and a new alpha channel then worked as normal.

If there's an easier way I'm sure someone will correct me. Failing that I will upload the file at some point when I'm finished my work.

Has anyone encountered this problem though or was I doing something wrong?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.