F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

It does exist. That would be because it does not happen every Q2. For me it's every 5 races, therefore SPAIN - BRITAIN - SINGAPORE - BRAZIL in S2 of my modded career. I have Ferrari on the Force India chassis, Renault on the Williams chassis. It happens to be both of these cars that crashes the game (I swapped for original ERP for one at a time.)

I'd also like details from others who have experienced this issue to understand whether what I have explained is the same or at least similar to their explanation. Thanks.
okay, good to know on the every 5 races thing, I'll test going to Spain then

okay, good to know on the every 5 races thing, I'll test going to Spain then
I tested Spain, and I think I figured out a possible reason. When I accelerated time to end the session rather than retiring I got to Q2 in Spain just fine, but when I retired from Q2 after setting a time I got a crash loading into Q3. So it could be about that

DDS = PHOTOSHOP
not really, it's more like a few dds files squeezed into one file, I am looking for a way to separate them and edit one of the files. In this case, I am trying to edit the side views of the cars shown in the race result screen, if I just open the textarray.dds file, I am only able to see the ferrari side picture, so I am trying to figure out how I can edit other teams' side view pictures.

Is there any way to change the performance on the cars?

I'm doing a 'fantasy career mode' thing and the cars seemed to perform exactly like before, like I hadn't even changed them.

I saw a video from F1 2016 but it seems they've changed something as then you could check the .vtf and adjust it based on tiers however i can't find any tiers in this game.

Any tips would be appreciated as i have no idea what I could do.

not really, it's more like a few dds files squeezed into one file, I am looking for a way to separate them and edit one of the files. In this case, I am trying to edit the side views of the cars shown in the race result screen, if I just open the textarray.dds file, I am only able to see the ferrari side picture, so I am trying to figure out how I can edit other teams' side view pictures.
Just use the arrows in EEA to navigate the array

I made a small error on the rear medium tyres and the AI did spin out because of that(!)
What did you change to ai spin-out?
I'm dreaming about more ai mistakes, crashes, failures, spin-outs and even roll-overs.
In car settings i did slipstream bigger, wider with normal drag + realistic damage mod settings + slightly decreased brake pressure and got 5-10 ai crashes for 5 laps :D It's fun, but non spectacular. Almost no one spin-out happening :( So what you did? I'm really interested. Please tell.

What did you change to ai spin-out?
I'm dreaming about more ai mistakes, crashes, failures, spin-outs and even roll-overs.
In car settings i did slipstream bigger, wider with normal drag + realistic damage mod settings + slightly decreased brake pressure and got 5-10 ai crashes for 5 laps :D It's fun, but non spectacular. Almost no one spin-out happening :( So what you did? I'm really interested. Please tell.
that kind of stuff won't be related to this. The AI couldn't actually drive if it was based on the tyres or the performance (because they'd always have the issue, so spin out instantly). You'd need to edit the actual AI files for them to just make mistakes

Sorry to bother you again, but when I tried to import my modified version into the erp file, it shows an error 'Could not create preview! Export/Import may still work in certain circumstances'. Do you know what caused this? Thanks
save it with intel plugin and make sure you save it as BC7_SRGB and mipmaps to none, most UI has only 1 mipmap. and also the same resolution with the files inside the ERP.

Is there any way to change the performance on the cars?

I'm doing a 'fantasy career mode' thing and the cars seemed to perform exactly like before, like I hadn't even changed them.

I saw a video from F1 2016 but it seems they've changed something as then you could check the .vtf and adjust it based on tiers however i can't find any tiers in this game.

Any tips would be appreciated as i have no idea what I could do.
Yo must download EEA and export the Xml file of each car once you have done that I reccomend you to search the car mass and edit the weight of the cars so that Will make the cars work EXACTLY as you would like to WITHOUT EXPENDING TOO MUCH TIME researching for the specific values on each part of the car. Dont make the difference too big (something like 50kg) because a huge change on car mass would make the car too quick change between 1 and 15kg

save it with intel plugin and make sure you save it as BC7_SRGB and mipmaps to none, most UI has only 1 mipmap. and also the same resolution with the files inside the ERP.
Is it possible to get the BC7_SRGB Format without photoshop, so is there a Plugin for a free device Maybe? Or is it OK if i change all the textures of a texarray and just use all with another Format like DXT5? Thanks

Is it possible to get the BC7_SRGB Format without photoshop, so is there a Plugin for a free device Maybe? Or is it OK if i change all the textures of a texarray and just use all with another Format like DXT5? Thanks
I don't think you can just swap them all, not sure about that though. From what I've heard you can't get it on other programs

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back