F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

I don't think you can just swap them all, not sure about that though. From what I've heard you can't get it on other programs
Yeah, i can confirm that the game doesnt load when entering Career mode after changing the flow Career hub "override Team select logo" of all Teams with same size as before , but DXT5 Format. Very unfortunate that you Need photoshop for that.. just wanted to Change force india logo to BMW.. Thanks anyway

bqrm7Kj.jpg

Smlh6mO.jpg

vdlYklT.jpg

Last edited:
Yo must download EEA and export the Xml file of each car once you have done that I reccomend you to search the car mass and edit the weight of the cars so that Will make the cars work EXACTLY as you would like to WITHOUT EXPENDING TOO MUCH TIME researching for the specific values on each part of the car. Dont make the difference too big (something like 50kg) because a huge change on car mass would make the car too quick change between 1 and 15kg
Thank you so much, works great.

hi, I'm new to modding, just installed my first helmet from the downloads here on racedepartment. i have installed it and it is in the game but very low resolutions, looks about 144p. how do i fix it?

EDIT: fixed it

Last edited:
why not just swap the sounds in the carmodel file, or even swap the audio files. Then just raise the pitch on the engine a bit in a hex editor

FILE_2018.bdl the problem is the .bdl is a pack with 3 parts sounds, low engine, medium and full, and i dont know what is the compresion, bitrate, etc. I can only open with audacity

Nevermind, i will change by original v10 from game. I cant edit the bdl

Last edited:
FILE_2018.bdl the problem is the .bdl is a pack with 3 parts sounds, low engine, medium and full, and i dont know what is the compresion, bitrate, etc. I can only open with audacity

Nevermind, i will change by original v10 from game. I cant edit the bdl
you can edit the bdl with a hex editor, which allows you to change engine pitch by editing bit 55

Hello guys,fixed my pc and back to enjoying f1 2018,just got a question now that the localisation file is back in f1 2018 I would like to change the drivers name basically while I wait for the 2019 line up to be 100% confirmed I would like to have 20 test drivers running,so how do I do it please?what lines so I need to change in the file? Or is here some one who would like to do it for me if I give the drivers list?to be honest I would like to learn how to do it myself, thaaaaanks

Hello guys,fixed my pc and back to enjoying f1 2018,just got a question now that the localisation file is back in f1 2018 I would like to change the drivers name basically while I wait for the 2019 line up to be 100% confirmed I would like to have 20 test drivers running,so how do I do it please?what lines so I need to change in the file? Or is here some one who would like to do it for me if I give the drivers list?to be honest I would like to learn how to do it myself, thaaaaanks
Hi Alessio, I have a script that changes driver and team names. If you want you can give me the list, I'll update it tonight when I get home and send you language file back. Or I can give you strings you need to look for so you can change it on your own?

Use Ego Language Editor. It's simply.

Thanks both of you for the answers guys much appreciated.
Got another question now lol,there was an user here few weeks ago that successfully managed to change the drivers nationality flags so to be able to have all the correct flags for the 2019 drivers without using the tool to remove them,is anyone else here who has managed to achieve the same result and would like to share please?
Thanks again

Thanks both of you for the answers guys much appreciated.
Got another question now lol,there was an user here few weeks ago that successfully managed to change the drivers nationality flags so to be able to have all the correct flags for the 2019 drivers without using the tool to remove them,is anyone else here who has managed to achieve the same result and would like to share please?
Thanks again
that was just cheat engine, it did not work for career mod or anything other than quick race then. Plus it's extremely complicated to do.

that was just cheat engine, it did not work for career mod or anything other than quick race then. Plus it's extremely complicated to do.

Yeah I don't mind it to be honest a play grand prix event mode a lot and I don't care if it won't work in career mode,any chance you can explain how to do it please?
Thanks

Yeah I don't mind it to be honest a play grand prix event mode a lot and I don't care if it won't work in career mode,any chance you can explain how to do it please?
Thanks
I don't know the full process, it was only done by one person using cheat engine but it was changing the database stuff that was visible in the cheat engine memory addresses. You'd need that person themself to explain it

Yo must download EEA and export the Xml file of each car once you have done that I reccomend you to search the car mass and edit the weight of the cars so that Will make the cars work EXACTLY as you would like to WITHOUT EXPENDING TOO MUCH TIME researching for the specific values on each part of the car. Dont make the difference too big (something like 50kg) because a huge change on car mass would make the car too quick change between 1 and 15kg
Seems that every car has 95 mass, if i want lets say Force India to be like Ferrari i need to lower it down a little ? and export it and thats it ?

Thank you so much, works great.
Can you elaborate what you did ? Cause i dont know if im doing something wrong. I exported Ferrari xml, i changed <Mass value="95.000000" /> to 150.000000 imported again, saved, played a grand prix ( 5 laps ) and ferrari stayed 1st and 2nd. So i came back and change it to 200,000000, played another one, and 1 ferrari came in 3rd, the other one 1st, then im playing practice 3 in Carrer and ferrari came in top 5. So nothing changed really.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back