Thank's for your response, not only for brazil track, for example in abu dhabi track with williams team in time attack the game crash... yes shame on CM...this game is bugged
sorry for my poor english ;)
Oh, that's even more hilarious. It seems it's a circuit/team combination-issue.

Williams + Abu Dhabi = CTD
Mercedes + Abu Dhabi = OK
Williams + Melbourne = CTD
Mercedes + Melbourne = OK

That's new information to me (which I just had to recheck). I wonder which car(s) work(s) at Brazil :O_o:

Oh, that's even more hilarious. It seems it's a circuit/team combination-issue.

Williams + Abu Dhabi = CTD
Mercedes + Abu Dhabi = OK
Williams + Melbourne = CTD
Mercedes + Melbourne = OK

That's new information to me (which I just had to recheck). I wonder which car(s) work(s) at Brazil :O_o:

...if you watch a replay with default car lod's...only few i.a's cars haves reflections in mirrors ( in low lod's replay )...mclaren or ferrari for example...maybe some files of cars are bugged...i'm not a professional in cm game's files...
in vanilla game everything's works fine :)

Last edited:
How do you make a team faster. Is it just changing the virtual performance in the database or are there other aspects? If so does this change the car performance for you as the player aswell?

How do you make a team faster. Is it just changing the virtual performance in the database or are there other aspects? If so does this change the car performance for you as the player aswell?
The virtual performance of team is the first step, then you have to go in ai_drivers and edit virtual performance and Speed_in and speed_out, i don't know for sure what this last two does, but i think the first is the speed when entering in corners and the second when exting from corners, in ai_driver don't touch the first lines, just the drivers one (pay attention, one is called massa but is not Felipe, he is down to the page ;)), remember that you have to start a new profile and a new career for apply the changes at performance in database, any other modification should work without restart. To make cars faster when you drive them, you have to edit the .ctf file for each car in the respective folder (for example if you want a slower/faster Ferrari, you have to open and edit Cars-Fe2-Fe2.ctf), you can change even the performance for specific tracks, in the Balanced folder there are the files that uses the ai and in the Tracks folder the files that you use.

Edit: how can i change the ability of ai drivers in quali? I'd like to slow down Alonso because he is ever on 3rd-5th on the starting grid, but we all know that Ferrari sucks in quali :p

You need to change the virtual performance of tier, team, and each individual driver.

No, it only affects the AI cars.

Edit: how can i change the ability of ai drivers in quali? I'd like to slow down Alonso because he is ever on 3rd-5th on the starting grid, but we all know that Ferrari sucks in quali :p

I've done that change in my mod, it changes the ability of each AI driver in qualifying. For example, Alonso is always qualifying around 6-8th in my mod.

It's in the database somewhere but I can't remember exactly which tab it is in. Have a closer look around I'm sure you'll eventually find it ;)

Someone help me get started on making helmet skins

I know how to edit them in Photoshop and save as DDS, but what I don't like it having to save them and open the game to see how they look (most of the time terrible because the 2D texture is weird to work with for me). I would really like to know how these nice helmet come to existence and how I can start making my own like the pros do on this site. Any help and all is HIGHLY appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to change the virtual performance of tier, team, and each individual driver.

No, it only affects the AI cars.

I've done that change in my mod, it changes the ability of each AI driver in qualifying. For example, Alonso is always qualifying around 6-8th in my mod.

It's in the database somewhere but I can't remember exactly which tab it is in. Have a closer look around I'm sure you'll eventually find it ;)
Ok i will search for it, at least i know that there is a value for this :D

Button has been made a little faster now and the williams is a bit faster I still wonder how to change the preformance for the mclaren for me because when i put it next to the mercedes ctf it looks exactly the same only for com-x and com-y and so far i can see the aero is lower on the mercedes? can you tell me wich values i need to change there to make the mclaren al little bit faster like the red bull and williams?

And with the tier performance is higher number beter or worse is see 16 and then 2 or 3 ?

Last edited:
Button has been made a little faster now and the williams is a bit faster I still wonder how to change the preformance for the mclaren for me because when i put it next to the mercedes ctf it looks exactly the same only for com-x and com-y and so far i can see the aero is lower on the mercedes? can you tell me wich values i need to change there to make the mclaren al little bit faster like the red bull and williams?

And with the tier performance is higher number beter or worse is see 16 and then 2 or 3 ?

To make the car faster for you, you have to edit the files inside the folder Tracks, if you want the McLaren equal to Ferrari the fastest way is to copy the Tracks folder in fe2 and change the name of files (instead of fe2_melbourne.xml call it mc2_melbourne.xml, and do it for each file) and then copy them inside tracks folder inside mc2, remember to do a backup, to be sure ;)

Trouble saving and opening .tga.dds helmets in photoshop

Hi everyone,

Today I was modding some helmet textures and when I went to save it as a .tga.dds, and went through the dds plugin save menu from NVIDIA, I was greeted with an error message that reads: Could not save a copy as ... because of a program error". This hasn't happened before, however this is the first time I've tried saved a non Code Master's helmet texture, which I had permission to mod. I have absolutely no idea what to do! Help!

Trouble saving and opening .tga.dds helmets in photoshop

Hi everyone,

Today I was modding some helmet textures and when I went to save it as a .tga.dds, and went through the dds plugin save menu from NVIDIA, I was greeted with an error message that reads: Could not save a copy as ... because of a program error". This hasn't happened before, however this is the first time I've tried saved a non Code Master's helmet texture, which I had permission to mod. I have absolutely no idea what to do! Help!

This is the only place you may ask modding questions. As you have already posted here, I have removed that post. Please don't make multiple posts or post modding questions outside this thread.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/read-me-mod-forum-rules-how-it-works-how-to-upload.93501/

Is it possible that the Safety Car can drive faster?
F1 2014\ai\ai_driver_config.xml
snthennumbers notices from 2012 said:
Code:
<scTargetSeparationTime float="0.5" /> --> .25 (How close you can follow behind the safety car)
<scInLapLeadSeparationTime float="0.5" /> --> .25 (How close you can follow behind the safety car on it’s in-lap)
<scInLapLeaderSpeed float="25.0" />
<scBrakingPerformance float="0.8" />
<scCorneringPerformance float="0.85" />
<scMaxThrottle float="0.48" /> (Safety Car max speed (in %). Too high and cars won’t be able to catch up and join the queue behind the safety car – not realistic.)
<scMaxSpeedThroughIncidentZone float="50.0" />
<scLengthOfOIncidentZone float="100.0" />

Hi friends, I have a problem for cockpit wiev, i cant see steeringwheel. Anyone know, how can I edit this wiev? Thank you.

Williams fix (2).png Williams fix.png

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%