Graham Laing

Retired Staff
F1 2014_ModdingForum.jpg

This thread is for F1 2014 modding questions only.

If you have technical questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thanks :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 161052

• Deleted member 161052

Anyone thinking that the cameras.xml file will be the same as in F1 2013?
I think so, because the helmets are the same as in 2012 and 2013.

If I edit the teams in the database, the tier and all that, lets say I make Lotus tier 2, will that effect the car im driving or just the AI? My last f1 game on pc was 2012, so I dont remember 100% correctly but I think I read somwhere than that if I change it in the database that only effects the AI cars...

If I edit the teams in the database, the tier and all that, lets say I make Lotus tier 2, will that effect the car im driving or just the AI? My last f1 game on pc was 2012, so I dont remember 100% correctly but I think I read somwhere than that if I change it in the database that only effects the AI cars...

Martin, like you were, I am also getting the failed to convert message when I try to open the database with the database editor. How did you fix this issue?

Edit: And to answer your question I believe it only affects the AI cars and not the human players car.

Last edited:

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
Premium
The .ctf affect a car's performance (A.I. and player depending on the changed file) more than the database, though.

Btw. (as I don't own this game I can't test it) try to edit the database with hex-editor, worked for me last year.

Is it possible to take the steering wheels files from 2013 and use them in this &/*! costly game? I mean, the interiors files of Lotus, Williams, Force India and Caterham (with the segmented leds). If it is, I "may" consider buying this botched up (lazy) version... :(

RaceDepartment Store

Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Sim-Rig Integrated Quad Monitor Stand for 4 Monitors and TVs up to 45" With centre monitor profile is 1200mm / 47.25" long Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year...
Updated with new QRT technology, the GRID seat maintains its high mobility feature due to its reduced bulk under the shoulders. The seat is made up of customizable pads fixed with Velcro. New stitching. Fixed using lateral fastenings with 290mm spacing. Buy now from...
  • Featured
The Podium Hub is the premium core component for the Fanatec® modular steering wheel system. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 199,95 Features Gold anodised aluminium monocoque Ultra sturdy and lightweight space frame design Two connectors for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module (4 buttons + 2...
The Sparco Evo L QRT Motorsport bucket seat has been designed based on the Sparco Rev with the new Sparco QRT technology. The shell is made from fibreglass with strengthening ribs. This seat provides amazing side support and proves Sparco knows how to build well-designed motorsport seats. Buy...
Modular components from the Podium range come together to create a high-performance steering wheel, as seen in the 2021 Fanatec Esports GT Pro Series. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 629,95 Features ClubSport Wheel Rim 320 Three-spoke aluminium wheel rim with a 320 mm diameter Genuine...
RaceDepartment
Views
Reaction score
We put together the package that won’t leave even the most hardcore racer cold! Buy now from simucube.com for € 4713,80 This complete bundle covers the most essential items for a high-end racing setup. All you need is a gaming PC and a rig to start enjoying sim racing on Ultimate level...