Featured Drift and Modern Open Wheelers - Automobilista V1.5.10 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 1, 2018.

1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,559
    I probably should have said I'm on W7. Thanks Martin.

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,732
    If I understood properly, the Logitec's driver for the G29 is not compatible with older wheels so this is what Reiza found to make the game work for any Logitec wheels. The main game has the old driver while the beta branch has the one for the G29.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. ClimaxF1

ClimaxF1

Ratings:
    +1,372
    Here' s a skin that I'm busy with and you can see it has the halo.

Just created a new vehicle file and added the halo.

If you want your skins to work with the update then the highlighted areas are the one's you must change.

Backup your F Ulltimate files first until you know everything is ok.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. NASCRAP

NASCRAP

Ratings:
    +53
    AMS is great. Drifting is gay.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +341
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rastas

Rastas

Ratings:
    +122
    Someone here doesnt know how to drive,go tell to Mr.Keiichi Tsuchiya that drifting is gay kid.........

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. NASCRAP

NASCRAP

Ratings:
    +53
    If I knew where his hairdresser shop was I would tell he and his husband in person

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +208
    Still waiting to hear which one the person with the issue is using...

9. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,559
    Maybe the profile thingy sorted it.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +208
    What profile thingy?

11. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +341
    Deleting the player profile folder. It can help fix issues. Its in (win 10): C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Automobilista\USERDATA\yournamefolder

12. Rastas

Rastas

Ratings:
    +122
    Only by your name here and your profile picture i see the type of person you are,no more wasting time whit a person that dont have education :cool:

13. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +341
    When did AMS get body deformation? Neat. :) Tested the drift which was very cool, but my DFGT dont have good enough auto rotation so its pretty hard, but when i crashed the front on the side the body got smashed in and deformed. I remember stuff falling off but i didnt remember deformation. Coolers.

14. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +16
    FYI I may have found a bug with the F-Ultimate. It seems like a keyboard mapping for the starter does not function on the race grid. I haven’t driven F-Ultimate since v1.4.8.x so if this is a bug, it might have been introduced sometime earlier than this most recent update.

Specifics:
    I have the i and o keyboard keys mapped to ignition and starter respectively. They work fine when starting from the garage in practice and qualifying sessions. The ‘o’ mapping for starter becomes non-functional when I am on the grid for the race session of a single race. The same behavior happens with both the 2017 and 2018 cars. I tried each one with a Reiza track, a PG track, and a track from WCP. Same issue with both cars on each of the three tracks.

To confirm this is specific to the F-Ultimate, I switched from it back to the AJR and did single races on the same three tracks. No issues with the keyboard mapping.

15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz

Ratings:
    +1,732
    This is not a bug, it is a feature. :) Formulas don't have an onboard starter; you need mechanics and an outside starter. The procedure is pretty complex in real life and done in the garage. If you stall, for example when spinning, you're done... So Reiza is trying to simulate that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +16
    That’s a fair statement Alex, but I have to ask if you’ve seen any evidence from Reiza that the behavior is intentional or if that’s an assumption on your part. Again though, it’s a very reasonable assumption. I’m asking because you could more or less apply the same logic of “a mechanic externally starts the car” for the race grid as you do for the garage. Admittedly, the game engine may not have a way to enforce separate rules for the race grid and the race itself once you’re rolling.

My objective is to be able to sit in the cockpit while in the garage during practice and qualifying sessions so that I can watch the HUD’s live track map for gaps and traffic. I’ll have to experiment to see if a key mapping for ignition plus having auto-start enabled will allow for this in practice and qualifying while not leaving me stranded on the grid.

17. Pudu

Pudu

Ratings:
    +82
    It is absolutely intentional, because F1 cars don't have an on-board starter.

However, some of the current era hybrids can use the MGU-K together with the battery to start the engine if it stalls on track - the Renaults definitely, possibly the Ferraris and Hondas, but not the Mercs, as far as I know.

You can simulate this by changing a line in the F_Ultimate_engine.ini file.

change: OnboardStarter=0
    to: OnboardStarter=1

18. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz

Ratings:
    +1,732
    Let's say it's half knowledge/half assumption. I remembered Reiza stating they are simulating an outboard starter, but being able to start only from the garage is an assumption from me as the start procedure can be complex.
    I found this thread on the official forum about the same issue you are posting: it is pretty old and was fixed in the v1.0 release (see changelog):
    So maybe the bug is back and you should be able to start on the grid as well? Might be worth to post on the official forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +16
    Alex, thanks so much for digging into the old issues at the Reiza forums. I’ve been meaning to make an account over there for a while. Perhaps I will do so now in case it will help them get this particular issue sorted.

For further reference on the issue, I noticed the engine.ini files in the vehicle folders have an OnboardStarter entry with 0 or 1 values set. I confirmed that F-Classic, F-V10, and F-Reiza have a 0 value set like F-Ultimate and tried those three cars. I got the same behavior. The keymapping for starter is not functioning on the race grid.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pudu

Pudu

Ratings:
    +82
    The F_Ultimate_engine.ini file has "OnboardStarter=0" by default.

I changed the F-Ultimate engine file to read OnboardStarter=1 and intentionally stalled my car on the grid, and switched the ignition off. It restarted without problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.