Featured Drift and Modern Open Wheelers - Automobilista V1.5.10 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 1, 2018.

1. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,312
    "An extra 6kg (734kg vs 728kg in the 2017 car), hypersoft compound and skinnable HALO / shorter shark fin as default rather than optional configuration." according to Renato

2. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks much for the quick response. Sounds like the changes shouldn't really be consequential to setups. At least to the degree I'm capable of making them.:D

3. ClimaxF1

ClimaxF1

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Always happy with AMS's new content, although was expecting a new 2018 F Ultimate but cosmetically it's just the Halo add-on.

Looks much better in the pics, to me the halo just blocks a lot of the scenery and track, I suppose in real life the experience would be far better than looking at screens.

All in all very nice and much welcomed update.

Appreciate the Article and welcome back Paul Jeffrey

Here's some pics of the my Mercedes with the halo, looks pretty good in the pics.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +295
    Well I know I'm late to the party, but I took the opportunity to pick up AMS and the DLC season pass whilst it was on sale! Looking forward to trying it out, after my 21GB download completes ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  5. ClimaxF1

ClimaxF1

Ratings:
    +1,426
    You will not regret the purchase, I've had AMS for some time but never really played.

For me it was always F1 and Assetto until one day I decided to try it again for a few hours and boy was surprised at the feel of the cars and how good the AI is.

These days I spend more time with AMS than any other race sim. AMS is the only game that when done I think to myself, now that was an awesome race.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. SockyNoob

SockyNoob

Ratings:
    +11
    I wonder how well it compares to other sims in that regard.

7. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +121
    Had a Stock Car 2017 V8 race at Brands Hatch GP ( aggression on Med.) and the AI was really good.....side by side in the corners, no bashing. Very entertaining with AI running a bit wide and making occasional mistakes. Started at the back and had a hard time getting through the field, but clean racing. Nice job. That's a good combo BTW.....

8. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan
    Troyan Donut Automotive Premium

Ratings:
    +159
    I had a 20mins race against AI with Caterhams on Ibarra and with MCR2000 on Imola 1988. Amazing, just simply amazing :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +295
    So my first outing in AMS was very enjoyable! I had a few teething problems getting the degrees of rotation set properly on my G29 (I'll create a separate thread about that!) but once that was sorted I could get out on track properly.

Went straight for Boxer Cup at Oulton Park (one of my favourite circuits!) and I was really, really impressed! I've no idea how they do it, but with the FFB I felt like I could feel every little bump and rise in the circuit to the point that when the car went light I was instinctively bracing myself for the inevitable compression of the suspension as it came back down. I've never experienced that before in a sim, and certainly not with my G29, so hats off to the dev team.

Looking forward to putting many more laps in (and maybe some club races too)!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +365
    Yeah its a great sim. Lots of variety as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    From Reiza forums:
    Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29.
    How to do that is here

• Like Like x 3
  12. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +53
    Had a go with the new AI at Laguna Seca with the advanced trainers and the AI just all piled into the first corner at the same time, major pile up I also noted the Armco barriers have a shimmering effect with diagonal lines that didn't seem to be there before.

13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    I've just tried it, aggression set at low for open wheelers, restarted race 5 times without a pile up at turn one or anywhere else. Have you deleted your player profile yet?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +365
    Where is the player profile? I Think i prolly should delete it too because i havent been able to drive for quite a while. Might be good to just Clean it up a bit. Cheers.

15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    X:\Users\Name\Documents\Automobilista\userdata\Name
    You can just move it, but best to start a new profile if you haven't played for a while. Solves a multitude of problems.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,252
    Depends on OS and/or how you run the game. Either it's in your Documents folder in Automobilista/UserData, or it's in your AMS folder, again in UserData.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +221
    That's not a Reiza track, so depending on which of several versions you have, the problem is with the track.

The new AI programming (which is awesome) still requires a properly done AIW for the track to work well. Many conversions do not have this :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +295
    Thanks Kenny! That's exactly the link I found last night when I was looking for a solution and it worked a treat. It seems that G29/920 support has been in a beta branch for quite some time now and it looks like there are reasons why it can't be merged into the main release, so I'm guessing that is going to be the long term solution!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ClimaxF1

ClimaxF1

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Your vehicle file is only one that you would need to edit and obviously adding the halo.

DefaultLivery="Bottas77.dds"
    Extra0="DRS"
    Extra2="Gloves"
    Extra3="Halo"
    Pitbox="Mercedes AMG_PitBox.dds"

HDVehicle=F_Ultimate_2018.hdv
    Graphics=F_Ultimate_2018.gen
    Spinner=F_Ultimate_2018_Spinner.gen
    Upgrades=F_Ultimate_2018_Upgrades.ini // Vehicle upgrades information

Try taking any one of your skin and make a copy of it, then edit the vehicle files so that it matches the updated.

You will notice that in all standard F Ultimate skins there's an additional vehicle file and halo dds now with the new settings even though it still uses the same skin.

Create a new vehicle file and halo is basically what you need to do.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    I used Patrick's from the ultimate pack and it worked perfectly, Gringo does the AI so it's pretty good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.