Drift and Modern Open Wheelers - Automobilista V1.5.10 Is Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Drift - Build 1.5.10 2.jpg AMS Drift - Build 1.5.10.jpg AMS F1 2018 1.jpg AMS F1 2018 2.jpg
Surprise! A post "final" build of Automobilista is here - and it's full of quality new content alongside plenty of fixes too...

Ok so Reiza did say the last build would be the final one for AMS, but seeing as the Brazilian development studio like to give a little bit more value than is expected, we've recently had the pleasure of yet another new upgrade to the title, cramming in a few last things that didn't quite make that final build back in December of last year.

Containing a splendid list of game improvements that include what has been labelled as a "comprehensive AI revision", version 1.5.10 is indeed a rather sweet release. Of course offline players will be keen to see what the already impressive AI feel like now the update is out, but other highlights that shouldn't creep in without a little fanfare include some very nice improvements and updates to the venerable Interlargos venue, and many tweaks to the existing content found in the current vanilla version of AMS.

Speaking of content, build 1.5.10 also has a nice couple of additions, welcoming the 2018 variant of the open wheel F-Ultimate (complete we the monstrous Halo), the full 'Drift Series' and game modes, the F-Dirt and further layouts to a couple of the existing tracks.

Not bad for a game supposedly already finished, eh?

V1.5.10 Change Log:

NEW CONTENT

• Added Drift Series & Drift game mode
  • Added F-Ultimate 2018 series
  • Added Super F-Dirt series
  • Added Buskerud Ice, Mendig Drift, Foz Tarmac track layouts
GENERAL
  • Fixed a CTD at track load if no sound card was found
  • Increased and added ability to customize number of entries shown on Standings TV Display via customingamelayout.INI
  • Added repair existing damage to escape to pits rules (Semi Realistic and up)
  • Added restoring of Tow to Garage value when rejoining an online game
  • Adjusted Driver Labels to only show a users RaceRank score online if they have a score (higher than 0)
  • Fixed an issue where font shadows bleed through when text is fading out (Driver Labels)
  • Added UI option to completely disable XInput detection
  • Reduced size of final cut track warning message as it overran the TV Overlay background.
  • Fixed an issue where a users PB lap times were registered as the fastest overall lap in a race online
  • Fixed wheel rotation not being locked on external / non cockpit cameras (when driver is visible)
  • Minor optimizations to audio code
  • Kick both users if two join with the same steam id on a RaceRank server
  • Added a reason digit when users are kicked from a RaceRank server
AI
  • Comprehensive Revision of AI Code resulting in better racing abilities throughout
  • Fixed Turbo Data not getting reset for AI when loading a new vehicle (could lead to AIs running out of fuel)
  • AI are now also restricted by limited tire sets setting (along with some basic strategical decisions)
  • Adjusted AI brake usage
  • Updated AI Aggression scalars for all cars to a more consistent baseline
  • Fixed an issue with AI lifting off when passing at the start finish line
  • Added HDV Param AIPassLatScalar - This is how much extra space a car leaves to pass when overtaking when they have 0% aggression (default is 2 meters plus a base 0.5m)
  • Added HDV Param AIForcePassCarLength - This is the distance in car lengths behind the car ahead that the AI will greatly increase their likelyhood to attempt a pass. Default is 0.6, higher, 1.0 or so recommended for slower cars
CONTENT FIXES & UPDATES
  • Interlagos: Updated 2017 version to include latest Cafe chicane layout, curb design & other cosmetic updates
  • Hockenheim: Removed dust from road on the left entering stadium section in historic layouts
  • Ibarra: Slightly improved AI performance in both layouts
  • Fixed various Z-fighting & other graphical glitches at Montreal, Adelaide, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Brands Hatch, Cadwell, Imola, Guapore, Curitiba, Caruaru, Campo Grande, Cordoba, Goiania, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Kansai, Santa Cruz, Taruma, Velocittá
  • Bumped up default night brightness for slightly better night time visibility
  • Set default fuel load for all cars to half tank capacity
  • Updated AJR, F-Vintage, F-Dirt realfeel FFB values
  • Adjusted aero effects on wake for F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza, F-Extreme
  • Caterham: Reduced team names
  • SuperV8: Talent files typo fixes
  • TC Classics: Adjusted clutch torque to avoid slipping on some cars; Fixed engines with wrong sound emission positions; AI tweaks; Fixed typo on Fusca 04 team
  • Montana: Small tire model adjustment
  • FTruck: Adjusted fuel estimation & adjustable boost innacurately allowed in FC Truck
  • F-V10: full team names to avoid mixing up in all cars / tracks; Increased downshift protection to avoid engine blow-ups
  • AJR: Bumped up Judd V10 engine blowup thrasholds to fix excessive failures
  • MCR200: Moved default brake bias slightly forward

GENERAL NOTES:

Server weekly schedule & Time Trial of the Week are now displayed dynamically on the game´s opening screen.

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

If you have any issues following this update or for whatever reason wish to revert to the previous v1.5.01, you may do so by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Enjoying the new build? What do you think of the drift content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Do you think we can we safely copy original/2017 F-Ultimate setups over to their 2018 counterparts? I’m assuming the new series is just a cosmetic and classification update but I thought I’d ask here to see if anyone has seen otherwise.
"An extra 6kg (734kg vs 728kg in the 2017 car), hypersoft compound and skinnable HALO / shorter shark fin as default rather than optional configuration." according to Renato

"An extra 6kg (734kg vs 728kg in the 2017 car), hypersoft compound and skinnable HALO / shorter shark fin as default rather than optional configuration." according to Renato
Thanks much for the quick response. Sounds like the changes shouldn't really be consequential to setups. At least to the degree I'm capable of making them.:D

Always happy with AMS's new content, although was expecting a new 2018 F Ultimate but cosmetically it's just the Halo add-on.

Looks much better in the pics, to me the halo just blocks a lot of the scenery and track, I suppose in real life the experience would be far better than looking at screens.

All in all very nice and much welcomed update.

Appreciate the Article and welcome back Paul Jeffrey

Here's some pics of the my Mercedes with the halo, looks pretty good in the pics.

0bbq0_kf3lkavfbQqz-VDmji2hlYNE1jFbrddLtB-kQyaAzbN-aW9baw3nmea4xO8cqG287p_mUqENNy7uhM_AbRxsWKy9DzA7NmikSKgZyELy_ODApb7GMYg5RzeaqJwFWCAQKcEawmKs5DymoOZfaO2dsxIpa0omuLRLNmYLEqhXOFIK-ULZb5ge7ynPkbi_RD1pCgL7yHrrBNnXcOosbE7R-dCGGrYHowmVP9P1HrLeN8d0MCnFUQdMTHJGVoyAihVw3XhLismOISLPDOzOCgtNKkwDNzVyGL8QeLi2mWa5mCEv-x6Ws7EFzQ6eI1kXqDKIymjkVaJWel47dz80UbUDlQkVw6SDVpHh3O-LTGSl7dIZ_26E9_ZPFLkKUmZof87sDzTT8wQkTIIIaMvMPqzhStkdaGFcW-rr5YEMk6Q2rlTbsgr-CzgEiMDORubCZsrKuJF9T0UPqTlxq5iWGVv8FKsh_StCFNfWp4x7FgYr18AZUw8cl8NX611gsmN7TfYoQOx_0T5yZuZusw429dg18cArBAXvZX6Ztz-xCEZB9JxLLQnO3uhLyL4GVwQn-oT42CuC9QIcgFmS3zWEwdvH0vpyZ3DkY_cpIc=w909-h491-no
UwmuDM2EV4z1ORdakE58lanR57y-EIiW5N-pNikeRjd1i027dPqBFrk5Qcct4A-uSdtZQiezQ2CBR6J_YA7b2YPasw2Grlp98A-jNogVvgMP5oBXe_1B1NtHKXTG8GMCfWSPHw9z8uSQAGrlJZHSwvGErg_eqABFmIoctclOzCo_4JFubW57BP2_prhjzESEYp3at1VRRc7LT24HfMGcHWpgwxGdlELKpLdenv7yzZbgjCSlTBRzP8SC2QoLw2Ia0u4i3W6NzSScng5bo7QqK4-rSqHPUs1FLjKFFfBxuIxKzRz2or4iNWyOTBZFBtav6GAP0AM2xfMy23GY1Dger_24OhYYolYC23_aa87Vt5t4oH287WArG-zZzax277Rw-stZsuXevFuNmeaeufra5swDTU832M0-u-jHjxuWkr_E_rY6U0GbIPpa5FlPvWJgOfgb6WzVUjUlY_lceDmGcw4x_dHwXOdGKntp0W8TpDyWmcEWv1Wq8rFIb9uNhW8gQSOiRnIDbn0LogqxubBJpOaPgVx2LDEGQMrO6oWTloeVAkhEJKNL71qo8pTA2CuN3d82iiViqYOeIql_7CaWQRHh5RFh8jLKm87-DpM6=w898-h453-no

Well I know I'm late to the party, but I took the opportunity to pick up AMS and the DLC season pass whilst it was on sale! Looking forward to trying it out, after my 21GB download completes ;)

You will not regret the purchase, I've had AMS for some time but never really played.

For me it was always F1 and Assetto until one day I decided to try it again for a few hours and boy was surprised at the feel of the cars and how good the AI is.

These days I spend more time with AMS than any other race sim. AMS is the only game that when done I think to myself, now that was an awesome race.

Had a Stock Car 2017 V8 race at Brands Hatch GP ( aggression on Med.) and the AI was really good.....side by side in the corners, no bashing. Very entertaining with AI running a bit wide and making occasional mistakes. Started at the back and had a hard time getting through the field, but clean racing. Nice job. That's a good combo BTW.....

• Deleted member 387850

So my first outing in AMS was very enjoyable! I had a few teething problems getting the degrees of rotation set properly on my G29 (I'll create a separate thread about that!) but once that was sorted I could get out on track properly.

Went straight for Boxer Cup at Oulton Park (one of my favourite circuits!) and I was really, really impressed! I've no idea how they do it, but with the FFB I felt like I could feel every little bump and rise in the circuit to the point that when the car went light I was instinctively bracing myself for the inevitable compression of the suspension as it came back down. I've never experienced that before in a sim, and certainly not with my G29, so hats off to the dev team.

Looking forward to putting many more laps in (and maybe some club races too)!

So my first outing in AMS was very enjoyable! I had a few teething problems getting the degrees of rotation set properly on my G29 (I'll create a separate thread about that!) but once that was sorted I could get out on track properly.

Went straight for Boxer Cup at Oulton Park (one of my favourite circuits!) and I was really, really impressed! I've no idea how they do it, but with the FFB I felt like I could feel every little bump and rise in the circuit to the point that when the car went light I was instinctively bracing myself for the inevitable compression of the suspension as it came back down. I've never experienced that before in a sim, and certainly not with my G29, so hats off to the dev team.

Looking forward to putting many more laps in (and maybe some club races too)!
Yeah its a great sim. Lots of variety as well.

Had a go with the new AI at Laguna Seca with the advanced trainers and the AI just all piled into the first corner at the same time, major pile up I also noted the Armco barriers have a shimmering effect with diagonal lines that didn't seem to be there before.

Had a go with the new AI at Laguna Seca with the advanced trainers and the AI just all piled into the first corner at the same time, major pile up I also noted the Armco barriers have a shimmering effect with diagonal lines that didn't seem to be there before.
I've just tried it, aggression set at low for open wheelers, restarted race 5 times without a pile up at turn one or anywhere else. Have you deleted your player profile yet?

I've just tried it, aggression set at low for open wheelers, restarted race 5 times without a pile up at turn one or anywhere else. Have you deleted your player profile yet?
Where is the player profile? I Think i prolly should delete it too because i havent been able to drive for quite a while. Might be good to just Clean it up a bit. Cheers.

Where is the player profile? I Think i prolly should delete it too because i havent been able to drive for quite a while. Might be good to just Clean it up a bit. Cheers.
X:\Users\Name\Documents\Automobilista\userdata\Name
You can just move it, but best to start a new profile if you haven't played for a while. Solves a multitude of problems.

That's not a Reiza track, so depending on which of several versions you have, the problem is with the track.

The new AI programming (which is awesome) still requires a properly done AIW for the track to work well. Many conversions do not have this :(

• Deleted member 387850

From Reiza forums:
Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29.
How to do that is here

Thanks Kenny! That's exactly the link I found last night when I was looking for a solution and it worked a treat. It seems that G29/920 support has been in a beta branch for quite some time now and it looks like there are reasons why it can't be merged into the main release, so I'm guessing that is going to be the long term solution!

Do you think we can we safely copy original/2017 F-Ultimate setups over to their 2018 counterparts? I’m assuming the new series is just a cosmetic and classification update but I thought I’d ask here to see if anyone has seen otherwise.
Your vehicle file is only one that you would need to edit and obviously adding the halo.

DefaultLivery="Bottas77.dds"
Extra0="DRS"
Extra2="Gloves"
Extra3="Halo"
Pitbox="Mercedes AMG_PitBox.dds"

HDVehicle=F_Ultimate_2018.hdv
Graphics=F_Ultimate_2018.gen
Spinner=F_Ultimate_2018_Spinner.gen
Upgrades=F_Ultimate_2018_Upgrades.ini // Vehicle upgrades information

Try taking any one of your skin and make a copy of it, then edit the vehicle files so that it matches the updated.

You will notice that in all standard F Ultimate skins there's an additional vehicle file and halo dds now with the new settings even though it still uses the same skin.

Create a new vehicle file and halo is basically what you need to do.

That's not a Reiza track, so depending on which of several versions you have, the problem is with the track.

The new AI programming (which is awesome) still requires a properly done AIW for the track to work well. Many conversions do not have this :(
I used Patrick's from the ultimate pack and it worked perfectly, Gringo does the AI so it's pretty good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back