DonnerTechRacing Satsuma Turbocharger

3D Models DonnerTechRacing Satsuma Turbocharger 2.2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, I've been thinking of some lore for these turbos.

Here in Brazil, some of the first "street" turbos were actually turbines removed from diesel vans and such. They didn't have a long durability, but worked well enough to boost the car for a couple of races and stuff.
Idk if the durability thing can be added, but perhaps you could "find" the turbo near a wrecked van or something.
A reliable turbo could be purchased from Fleetari

Chrome piping looks nice, but no so fitting in a rusted 70's Satsuma. Perhaps some weird piping like plastic or iron water pipes welded or JB welded found near the dump or the old mansion? These could only fit on the stock carb without the filter.
Chrome piping could still be bought from Fleetari, maybe, and would be compatible with the race carb and any turbo "version".

The big turbo could be from the wrecked Gifu at Fleetari lol. It could be very unreliable, but with plenty of power to send the Satsuma to the moon... or at least a piston.

Idk, I just had the idea to make the turbo lore to be kinda a salvage from a diesel van and expanded it from there.

Thanks for the mod!

I also already noticed that, I have made it so that it fit's with the fog lights mod.
My current fix is to add my own version of the front spoiler with a cutout either for the full intercooler or just the tubes.

But i'm open to suggestions on how to deal with this :)
After a lot of thinking, the fiberglass hood has a hood scoop, so maybe the small turbo could have the intercooler under the hood, and have air fed to it through the hood scoop, like a Subaru Impreza, so it wouldn't cause problems for the front spoiler or the fog lights. Maybe for the bigger turbo, it could be out front, like it currently is.

I also already noticed that, I have made it so that it fit's with the fog lights mod.
My current fix is to add my own version of the front spoiler with a cutout either for the full intercooler or just the tubes.

But i'm open to suggestions on how to deal with this :)
I agree, I already have the fog lights mod and the positioning would conflict. Perhaps instead of cutting the front spoiler to have the holes for the tubing, maybe add some rubber rings where the tube meets the spoiler to make it look more organic and give the appearance that there were holes cut to fit?

just a suggestion, doesn't bother me as it is now :)
Great work all around though! I love your mods :thumbsup:

After a lot of thinking, the fiberglass hood has a hood scoop, so maybe the small turbo could have the intercooler under the hood, and have air fed to it through the hood scoop, like a Subaru Impreza, so it wouldn't cause problems for the front spoiler or the fog lights. Maybe for the bigger turbo, it could be out front, like it currently is.
There is not enouth room in the engine bay.
The first intercooler was on top of the engine but that caused problems with the hood

Hey, I've been thinking of some lore for these turbos.

Here in Brazil, some of the first "street" turbos were actually turbines removed from diesel vans and such. They didn't have a long durability, but worked well enough to boost the car for a couple of races and stuff.
Idk if the durability thing can be added, but perhaps you could "find" the turbo near a wrecked van or something.
A reliable turbo could be purchased from Fleetari

Chrome piping looks nice, but no so fitting in a rusted 70's Satsuma. Perhaps some weird piping like plastic or iron water pipes welded or JB welded found near the dump or the old mansion? These could only fit on the stock carb without the filter.
Chrome piping could still be bought from Fleetari, maybe, and would be compatible with the race carb and any turbo "version".

The big turbo could be from the wrecked Gifu at Fleetari lol. It could be very unreliable, but with plenty of power to send the Satsuma to the moon... or at least a piston.

Idk, I just had the idea to make the turbo lore to be kinda a salvage from a diesel van and expanded it from there.

Thanks for the mod!
In the next update:
The small turbo will be removed from the Shop and to be found on the map
I have also added the abillity to change the boost of the small turbo using a preinstalled wastegate
I also made the small turbo produce more power depending on what parts are installed (you need to have atleast the TwinCarb kit for the manifold so it's not 100% free to have a turbo)
just an example
The base boost is 0.95 + 0.05 for twinCarb + 0.11 for airfilter (yes i added an airfilter for the small turbo)

In the next update:
The small turbo will be removed from the Shop and to be found on the map
I have also added the abillity to change the boost of the small turbo using a preinstalled wastegate
I also made the small turbo produce more power depending on what parts are installed (you need to have atleast the TwinCarb kit for the manifold so it's not 100% free to have a turbo)
just an example
The base boost is 0.95 + 0.05 for twinCarb + 0.11 for airfilter (yes i added an airfilter for the small turbo)
Adding an air filter doesn't increase boost but rather restrict the intake a bit for cleaner air and thus less boost but more reliability, so the air filter should have ability to reduce wear, but decreases boost by a small amount.
With that said base boost should be:
0.95 for small turbo + 0.15 with GT carbs and - 0.03 with air filter.
Worth noting hat it's also pointless to have an extra air filter with Twin/GT carbs since they had their own air filter, but hey cleaner air for more reliability, right?

Adding an air filter doesn't increase boost but rather restrict the intake a bit for cleaner air and thus less boost but more reliability, so the air filter should have ability to reduce wear, but decreases boost by a small amount.
With that said base boost should be:
0.95 for small turbo + 0.15 with GT carbs and - 0.03 with air filter.
Worth noting hat it's also pointless to have an extra air filter with Twin/GT carbs since they had their own air filter, but hey cleaner air for more reliability, right?
I know, but otherwise nobody would buy the airfilter. As the turbo can nolonger be bought
If i add wear to it, there would be no way of rebuying the turbo when it breaks.Or i would need to add something to repair it.

DonnerPlays updated DonnerTechRacing Satsuma Turbocharger with a new update entry:

I thought this would be a small update :D

SPECIAL THANKS: to the two people that have donated something tome me :inlove:
If you want to donate too you can do this on nexus where i have added my paypal account to the donation system :inlove:

I have added alot of stuff again. Please read the changelog to see what changed.
I have also changed the overview of the modpage to add important information
I RECOMMEND DELETING ALL Mod SAVEFILES (read Readme.txt in archive)

-> Parts need to be bought at Fleetari now!

Changelog v.1.9:
  • added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I cant get some of the gt turbo parts installed like im just trowing them acros the engine bay and i dont get any of those check marks that it goes there.
Edit: Im stupid and i just found out why it doesnt work.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea