DonnerTechRacing ECUs

3D Models DonnerTechRacing ECUs 1.5.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
DonnerPlays updated DonnerTechRacing ECUs with a new update entry:

Stop annoying me!

I'm getting really annoyed by the idiots that still ask for pirated version even though i clearly state I don't support that.

I don't want them in BOTH DISCUSSION and REVIEWS!

The next update will be without SteamCheck. Pirates won't get any support from me and I will report anything mentioning pirated copy of the game .
I will also report your comment when you post your output_log.txt and I find out you are using a cracked version (WHICH IS EASY SO DON'T EVEN TRY).

If I'll keep getting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Also, i DO believe you should add the piracy protection again. Even if its just a single DRM check at startup then none.
The problem is just that people don't stop asking and it annoys me when I see somebody replied something or wrote a review and the only thing the person writes is "MaKe FoR PiRaTeD pLeAsE".

Plus I have better things to do then reporting them ALL THE TIME.

And ModLoader is not doing me a favor here as there is no way of making your own check (because ModLoader blocks any way of adding Steamworks which you need to get the steamID)

and a modified version of ModLoader is not the way to go in my opinion.

The problem is just that people don't stop asking and it annoys me when I see somebody replied something or wrote a review and the only thing the person writes is "MaKe FoR PiRaTeD pLeAsE".

Plus I have better things to do then reporting them ALL THE TIME.

And ModLoader is not doing me a favor here as there is no way of making your own check (because ModLoader blocks any way of adding Steamworks which you need to get the steamID)

and a modified version of ModLoader is not the way to go in my opinion.
Let them waste their time. No need to keep arguing. Dont even report them, just ignore them if possible. And IIRC Modloader blocks Steamworks because of the Dustman incident.

Being a pirated MSC player in the past 2 years, I'm extremely glad that I actually bought the game before this mod "series" exist, or I would be in their "PiRaTeD CoPY CoMpATiBiLty plz" bandwagon right now (Oh wait I still can just buy the game when this mod appeared).

Just ignore the people who ask for pirated copy compatibility if possible, let them waste their time and don't remove the mods and neither the SteamCheck, they have to learn that everything has a price, they can't ask someone to give them a pass to enjoy good mods while playing a paid good game for free, it's impossible.

You can try this: If they want to play their pirated game with your mods, they have to pay a certain amount of money and these money will be donated to ToplessGun, eventually they will give up and buy the game.
EDIT: And also if they post the SteamCheck removed version on any mod sites, well I guess you'll know how to battle with that issue don't ya?

Hey there man, can I get some information about this Dustman incident?
Flatout made a cool ass muscle car called the Dustman, one of the first "car adding" mods back then. Some people noticed that the mod bricked their game, apparently Flatout had used an explot in the Modloader API that allowed him to check the SteamID of whoever was playing his mod, and used that to have his mod brick the game of whoever he disliked for personal reasons. It was quite a controversy since technically he did nothing illegal and no one but him would be able to release an "not ****ed" version (and he wouldn't release it).

When he got called out by many to fix his childish tantrum or to not post at all, he deleted the dustman mod from everywhere in the internet. And to this day refuses to acknowledge he did anything wrong.

Flatout made a cool ass muscle car called the Dustman, one of the first "car adding" mods back then. Some people noticed that the mod bricked their game, apparently Flatout had used an explot in the Modloader API that allowed him to check the SteamID of whoever was playing his mod, and used that to have his mod brick the game of whoever he disliked for personal reasons. It was quite a controversy since technically he did nothing illegal and no one but him would be able to release an "not ****ed" version (and he wouldn't release it).

When he got called out by many to fix his childish tantrum or to not post at all, he deleted the dustman mod from everywhere in the internet. And to this day refuses to acknowledge he did anything wrong.
Now that is some story, man, cheers for giving me info on this.

In an earlier version of ModLoader you could get the steamID direcly (which FlatOut used to check the steamID.

It was simple if steamID is null = game cracked.
but you could also check if steamID = "person I don't like"

So piotrulos chanked it to CheckSteam: true/false
which only returns true/false

But he also added prevention for implementing that yourself (SteamWorks).
When the ModLoader loads the .dll file it checks which references it uses. if it detects SteamWorks it won't load the mod ("xyz doesn't look like a mod).

For something like FlatOut did, this is good.

For something like I want to do, this is not good :(

In an earlier version of ModLoader you could get the steamID direcly (which FlatOut used to check the steamID.

It was simple if steamID is null = game cracked.
but you could also check if steamID = "person I don't like"

So piotrulos chanked it to CheckSteam: true/false
which only returns true/false

But he also added prevention for implementing that yourself (SteamWorks).
When the ModLoader loads the .dll file it checks which references it uses. if it detects SteamWorks it won't load the mod ("xyz doesn't look like a mod).

For something like FlatOut did, this is good.

For something like I want to do, this is not good :(
I wonder why did he dislike some people, and how did he discover their steamID's? (it would only be easy to know if they used similar/same names in racedepartment forums, right?)

I wonder why did he dislike some people, and how did he discover their steamID's? (it would only be easy to know if they used similar/same names in racedepartment forums, right?)
he disliked people (for example Radex) that did videos about his mod and earned money with his content.

Then go to there steam profile (search them).
Right click copy link
go to something like steam id finder
paste copied link
copy steamID

he disliked people (for example Radex) that did videos about his mod and earned money with his content.

Then go to there steam profile (search them).
Right click copy link
go to something like steam id finder
paste copied link
copy steamID
It is strange, guys who made videos with his mod, would bring him more exposure, and therefore more donations too. He fucced up pretty badly then..

Wait. I didn't knew who or why flatout did that to. Did he REALLY tried to mess with radex JUST because of his mod exposure videos? what kind of childish attitude is that?.

Well, it only makes sense considering he's still stubborn about it. When i brought it up he said that he has magically found a workaround to still prevent the people he disliked to play with his mod (and refused to say how, but i think he was just bluffing).

When i asked the modloader guy he said the SteamID check was a setup for a future surprise he had coming but wasn't ready.

Wait. I didn't knew who or why flatout did that to. Did he REALLY tried to mess with radex JUST because of his mod exposure videos? what kind of childish attitude is that?.

Well, it only makes sense considering he's still stubborn about it. When i brought it up he said that he has magically found a workaround to still prevent the people he disliked to play with his mod (and refused to say how, but i think he was just bluffing).

When i asked the modloader guy he said the SteamID check was a setup for a future surprise he had coming but wasn't ready.
I think i read it somewhere on steam discussion but not sure, so don't take my word for it.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 3 17.6%