DiRTy Pacenotes

DiRT Rally DiRTy Pacenotes 2.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I really like the pace notes from Dirt 2 (not dirt 2.0) as they are old Sokol arcade (easy left / easy right etc)

But I particularly like the woman from Dirt 4 (American) her voice is on point as is Paul from Dirt Rally 1.

is there any way to get any of those voices into dirt rally 2.0?

Personally, I can not stand Nickis voice, it totally grates on me!
His voice enfuriates me to the point I have tried to memorise tracks and just turn him off, his voice is plain annoying and sound a totally put on!

So my question is, does anyone have any voice files available, to share/download?
Can we replace the current voice with any of the ones from fine older games?
Is there a repo for shared voices that others have created that can be easily shared or downloaded?

Having an issue here running DP in WIn 10 64 bit. Initially it complained that some sound stuff may not work in a command prompt. Then it complained that it is processing sound files for ever in the GUI. Sounds were not loading no matter what once DR 2.0 was connected. After, I reinstalled it fresh and now it's showing base_library.zip issues. See attached screenshot. Help appreciated. I'm pretty sure the issues are due to python usage.

EDIT: Okay I have resolved the base_library.zip issue as I had a bad RAM stick. But I still have the "Processing audio files, please wait..." issue constantly. Attaching new image.
2019-08-02_10h59_39.png

Any ideas welcome on how to fix it, I think the issues may have come from having bad RAM during first run of DP.

Edit2: The last issue was that ffmpeg needed to be installed like the above users had to do. It works now. Unfortunately too many sound samples are missing in this to go over the DR 2.0 pacenotes with a 1-6 syntax and all distances are missing. (just providing feedback). It would just require grabbing Phil's pacenotes somehow or recording your own.

Last edited:
Unfortunately sometimes there is a need to install ffpmeg to make the app work. The samples provided as default are limited but it is quite easy to import new samples via integrated Co-driver Creator.

Unfortunately sometimes there is a need to install ffpmeg to make the app work. The samples provided as default are limited but it is quite easy to import new samples via integrated Co-driver Creator.
Hi, I understand this is time consuming for an app dev, but your app would be much readily picked up for use if you shipped the sound samples required for 1-6 syntax including distances etc as used in DR2.0. Just giving you feedback as I know I personally am hit with a bit time sink if I want to adapt the existing DR 2.0 notes to DP with some tweaks. Cheers and good work overall!

Palo, I have a different question/problem: Often DP will not connect to the game and won't go into recce or stage mode (grey distance). I often have to restart it a few times for it to connect on UDP 30500 and the XML is always valid and no other app is using this port. Any ideas? Second: Trying to use DP with Sweet Lamb in DR 2.0 doesn't work, even if I enter the correct distance in the CSV of 9911.6601 (same result, just doesnt appear to connect, and if a previous stage was loaded, it keeps the other stages notes while connected)

How can we use WAV samples with this? As soon as a wav is added, it is not used, even if it is entered into csv correctly.? Just says the file ins not found in the co-drivers folder at runtime.

Edit: this one too I resolved, lol. Don't put WAV files in sounds_wav folder.

Last edited:
Please Help!

• When i start DP it stuck on with "Processing audio files, please wait... ", so i can use it for nothing yet.
  • In Settings menu it won't let me change Port number, just 20777 which is enabled by default

Thanks in Advance!
Sorry for late reply, you need to install ffmpeg to enable mp3/ogg conversion. As for the port issue I will have to look into it.

Sorry for late reply, you need to install ffmpeg to enable mp3/ogg conversion. As for the port issue I will have to look into it.
Yes, rthanks for the answer. I already done with the conversion. Now i have trouble with the game - your app can't follow the game as the car moves.

Code:
        <dbox enabled="true" />
        <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20776" delay="1" />
        <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
        <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20778" delay="1" extradata="1" />
        <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20779" delay="1" extradata="3" />
        <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20800" delay="1" extradata="3" />
        <custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />

I set 20779 in Pacenotes app. I did try to create a pacenote, but starting the stage doesn't follow the car and don't read the next pacenote... IDK why i did give it up on this

I set 20779 in Pacenotes app. I did try to create a pacenote, but starting the stage doesn't follow the car and don't read the next pacenote... IDK why i did give it up on this
[/QUOTE]
Did you change the port number in the config.ini file? It can be done manually in the text editor until I fix the settings window.

Yes, Palo

Code:
ip = 127.0.0.1
port = 20779
co_driver = Nicky Grist
delay = 200
interval = 1000
volume = 5
countdown = True
handbrake = N/A

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?