DiRTy Pacenotes is a tool for creating your own customized pacenotes for DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0. There are two co-drivers to choose at the moment (Maciek Handwerker(PL) and Nicky Grist(GB)) but more can easily be added (if someone has sound files ready then it only takes a couple of minutes to implement into the app). Unfortunately your custom co-driver will not inform you of any damage to the car.
Upon first launch you need to check if your 'UDP_Server' settings match those from 'Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally (or DiRT Rally 2.0) \hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml'
(change extradata to 3 and udp_enabled to True. Port can be changed to something different if you are using other UDP-enabled software/hardware). Then choose your co-driver, click 'Save and Reload' and you're good to go (you can enter the Settings window later from File menu).
Open pacenotes file from File menu and start creating your pacenotes, typing down the distance and choosing pacenote calls from the list at the bottom. There is now a button for pre-listening pacenote calls.
Or fire up DiRT Rally stage and make the app open the pacenotes file and fill the distance for you as you drive! You only need to choose appropriate pacenote calls and click ADD. The drawback is that the game will pause itself when doing so, but at least you don't have to think about stopping your car to create pacenotes (after all, your co-driver is virtual ). And don't forget to silence original co-driver in game audio options...
Features (as of UPDATE v.2.5):
- DiRT Rally & DiRT Rally 2.0 support.
- Two modes of operation: NOTES = no UDP (good for editing pacenotes without the game) and RECCE/STAGE = with UDP (and your co-driver's voice).
- Pacenote calls timing adjustment: RECCE means that pacenotes will be read at exactly the same distance they were created (which is usually just after a corner, etc.) and in STAGE mode the co-driver will read pacenotes according to timing setting, before a corner, etc.).
- Automatic stage detection (RECCE/STAGE)
- Automatic distance input.
- Autosave (3/5/10 min).
- Movable pacenote calls tabs (you can change their order permanently in Creator)
- Co-driver volume adjustment.
- Insert, Replace, Delete pacenote calls.
- Various audio formats supported (wav, ogg, mp3).
- Countdown on start line (limited usability).
This mod can be safely used online (it is a separate app, just like Telemetry Tool).
Big thanks to versedi and T. Hamreus!