DiRTy Pacenotes is a tool for creating your own customized pacenotes for DiRT Rally. There are two co-drivers to choose at the moment (Maciek Handwerker(PL) and Nicky Grist(GB)) but more can easily be added (if someone has sound files ready then it only takes a couple of minutes to implement into the app). Unfortunately your custom co-driver will not inform you of any damage to the car.
DiRTy Pacenotes.exe is now the only executable needed to create, edit and read your custom pacenotes. Upon first launch you need to check if your 'UDP_Server' settings match those from 'Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml'
(change extradata to 3 and udp_enabled to True. Port can be changed to something different if you are using other UDP-enabled software/hardware). Then choose your co-driver, click 'Save' and you're good to go (you can enter the Settings window later from File menu).
Open pacenotes file from File menu and start creating your pacenotes, typing down the distance and choosing pacenote calls from the list at the bottom.
Or fire up DiRT Rally stage and make the app open the pacenotes file and fill the distance for you! You only need to choose appropriate pacenote calls and click ADD. The only drawback is that the game will pause itself when doing so, but at least you don't have to think about stopping your car to create pacenotes (after all, your co-driver is virtual ). And don't forget to silence Paul Coleman in game audio options...
- Two modes of operation: NOTES = no UDP (good for editing pacenotes without the game) and RECCE/STAGE = with UDP (and your co-driver's voice).
- Pacenote calls timing adjustment: RECCE means that pacenotes will be read at exactly the same distance they were created (which is usually just after a corner, etc.) and in STAGE mode the co-driver will read pacenotes according to timing setting.
- Automatic stage detection (RECCE/STAGE)
- Automatic distance input.
- Movable pacenote calls tabs (you can change their order but their state will not be saved #todo)
- Co-driver volume adjustment.
- Insert, Replace, Delete pacenote calls.
This mod can safely be used online (it is a separate app, just like Telemetry Tool).
Big thanks to versedi!