DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 - Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Released.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been made available on all platforms today.

The much anticipated sequel to Codemasters DiRT Rally has been made available for all platforms today, releasing to the wider general public following four days of 'Early Access' release to owners of the deluxe edition of the game.

You can catch some early access videos of the new title on our YouTube channel HERE.

Want to know our thoughts on DiRT Rally 2.0? Read our review HERE.

As well as global launch, DiRT Rally 2.0 also has a robust DLC plan in store for players, that will see additional content added to the game in the coming weeks - details of which can be found below:

Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to share your mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Well i tested the Peugeot 208 R2 in Dirt Rally 2.0 now (Argentina stage). With standart settings it already feels very stable, with full rear toe-in feels exactly the same.
BTW, I was curious, so I tried it with this car as well - compared full rear toe-in with full toe-out. Yeah...there's definitely a noticeable difference in how willing to turn in the car is and how stable it is.

So I would suggest that if you really don't see any difference, it might not be the game's fault.

Actually, I'm not sure of that. They only showed some pictures of the same locations to compare them, but it doesn't mean that the tracks will be 100% identical, which everyone assumed immediately (for comprehensible reasons).

I must admit that this method is quite confusing, with no screens showing some "new" locations on these tracks. Let's see but there might be more than just recycled tracks/countries in the DLC.

I'm even pretty sure that the tracks layouts won't be 100% identical, which promises some funny situations for those who know those Monte Carlo tracks by heart :D

They are remastered versions of DR1 tracks. They also announced DLC cars, but 5 of them were in DR1 (2008 Subaru Impreza, 2001 Impreza, Citroen C4, Ford Focus 2008, Opel Manta). I wouldn't bat an eye if they are offered for free to DR1 owners or much cheaper but Codemasters is asking for 30 euros for the two seasons.

• Deleted member 197115

Cockpit graphics is so last century. Stark contrast with nice looking environments and a big immersion breaker.

I tried to make those changes to the xml file, trying all possible values from 1.0 to 10 but in my opinion the situation gets worse
Damn... :( I have been looking at DR2 and wondering "buy or no buy... Buy or no buy...". I want a new rally game but i want it to be on par or better than DR1 otherwise there is no point wasting Money on something i will be unhappy with. I also have T300 and i read a lot of reviews from T300 users and how they feel nothing except the weight of the car basically. No detail.

It MUST be that Codies messed up? Must be. They couldnt take DR1 and then make it worse and be content with that... This would be insane. It would be like they did it on purpose or they hired a new team for FFB who doesnt know jack-crap about FFB. It makes no sense. Only thing that makes sense is that they didnt have time to make it the way they wanted it and that they will fix it. However(!) why havent they communicated this? Or have they? Very strange. If FFB was the same as Before (not perfect at all, but OK) then it would be insta-buy from me. Again - we'll see what they'll do.

It makes no sense. Only thing that makes sense is that they didnt have time to make it the way they wanted it and that they will fix it. However(!) why havent they communicated this? Or have they? Very strange. If FFB was the same as Before (not perfect at all, but OK) then it would be insta-buy from me. Again - we'll see what they'll do.
Have you seen Codemasters fixing any bug of any game? No, then why are you surprised?
Most of the F1 games has bugs, if not all of them. Dirt Rally 1 has bugs.
None of those bugs were fixed and will never be.

Last edited:
Damn... :( I have been looking at DR2 and wondering "buy or no buy... Buy or no buy...". I want a new rally game but i want it to be on par or better than DR1 otherwise there is no point wasting Money on something i will be unhappy with. I also have T300 and i read a lot of reviews from T300 users and how they feel nothing except the weight of the car basically. No detail.
I'd say that a lot of people are blowing this way out of proportion, though. Yes, there's no road feel (except the damned cattle grids, which I find way more funny for some reason than I probably should, and they are also the reason I think this really is just some kind of bug and not how it was intended to be) and not much (but definitely something) in regard of FFB response to jumps or similar stuff. But most of what you actually need for driving the car is there and feels very good IMO. So it's not that the FFB is so lacking you can't enjoy the game and drive the car fast, it's just that you are currently missing some of the additional forces that mostly serve as a sort of added detail, something that is mostly just needed for immersion.

Last edited:
I'd say that a lot of people are blowing this way out of proportion, though. Yes, there's no road feel (except the damned cattle grids, which I find way more funny for some reason than I probably should, and they are also the reason I think this really is just some kind of bug and not how it was intended to be) and not much (but definitely something) in regard of FFB response to jumps or similar stuff. But most of what you actually need for driving the car is there and feels very good IMO. So it's not that the FFB is so lacking you can't enjoy the game and drive the car fast, it's just that you are currently missing some of the additional forces that mostly serve as a sort of added detail, something that is mostly just needed for immersion.
That's exactly how i feel about the FFB.
I have good faith they can find a solution for this problem.

Not feeling when the tires spin or if your tires are gripping or sliding is more than a detail to me. Yes you can drive, but you feel nothing if you put too much throttle at the start or on slow turns exits for example. It affects the gameplay to some extent and feels weird and unatural.

it's just that you are currently missing some of the additional forces that mostly serve as a sort of added detail, something that is mostly just needed for immersion.

Mostly being the key word here. I would really like to feel the ruts etc. to have more control of my car.
Also, jump out in a FWD car, take Argentina with all it's hairpins, go in slow, turn in late, then floor it. Hear the engine rev up, you know the wheels are spinning. But no chance in feeling it. Same with locking up when braking.

Yes, it more than possible to drive like it is now, as long as you know how a car will react, and you are able to hear it all.
As can be seen in the video I posted. You have more effects in the wheel when you are on the roof, than when the wheels are actually on the road.

For me it's like dirt 2.0 has exactly that part of the ffb that I missed in dirt rally 1 on my logitech g27. Sat in rally was just a wild aggressive punching thingy that didn't allow me to actually steer or corner precisely.
Only now with my csw 2.5 I could put tyre friction to 150, sat to 35 and use the impact file. Running 85% wheel driver compared to 30% in assetto and rF2.
Now 2.0 has a brilliant sat, weight and a very precise driving but sadly it lacks everything else, lol.
So I prefer it a lot (especially on the dfgt at a friend's) but it's just a little boring in comparison now.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.