DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 - Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Released.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been made available on all platforms today.

The much anticipated sequel to Codemasters DiRT Rally has been made available for all platforms today, releasing to the wider general public following four days of 'Early Access' release to owners of the deluxe edition of the game.

You can catch some early access videos of the new title on our YouTube channel HERE.

Want to know our thoughts on DiRT Rally 2.0? Read our review HERE.

As well as global launch, DiRT Rally 2.0 also has a robust DLC plan in store for players, that will see additional content added to the game in the coming weeks - details of which can be found below:

Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to share your mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Thats how it looks to from videos. Gravel looks very responsive from videos, but it is hard to say without actually being the one who is making the inputs.

Is it better than DR1 ? I absolutely love some cars in DR1, while some IMO are very unrealistic. Is it same with DR2 ?

It is interesting to try, but money is not raining.

Thats how it looks to from videos. Gravel looks very responsive from videos, but it is hard to say without actually being the one who is making the inputs.

Is it better than DR1 ? I absolutely love some cars in DR1, while some IMO are very unrealistic. Is it same with DR2 ?

It is interesting to try, but money is not raining.
Gravel and mud is much better than Dirt Rally 1, the car feels more slippery, closer to RBR, allowing high speed drifts. Tarmac feels too slippery and the steering is too sensitive. As i couldn't reduce the sensitivity i had to increase steering center force to compensate.

Dirt Rally 1 tarmac was much better.

Last edited:
Bought, installed, configured, played for 2 hours and returned (I have already received a refund).
I would like to understand how all of you can talk about physics without having an FFB!
Does the FFB work for you? Do you use a dynamic driving simulator? 2DOF, 3DOF?
Without wishing to speak about the delay of both the pedal and the steering wheel.
In my humble opinion, this game regarding physics, under these conditions can not be judged.
For the rest, graphics, sound, etc. everyone has their own tastes! I do not like it, I still prefer DR1
Forgive me for my english

Got WRC7 for 12 bucks from CDkeys yesterday, and end up playing it all night. This game passed under many people's radar after the previous entries into the WRC series were very 'meh', but 7 is an exception the physics and FFB are quite nice this time round and the stages are long and wonderful. Pro tip if you don't want to pay 3 times as much for DR2 which has the usual issues that plague the series again.
WRC 7 sucks, there is no option to hide the steering wheel, there is no advanced saturation options to optimize the axis, the handling and the forcefeedback sucks.

Last edited:
Bought, installed, configured, played for 2 hours and returned (I have already received a refund).
I would like to understand how all of you can talk about physics without having an FFB!
Does the FFB work for you? Do you use a dynamic driving simulator? 2DOF, 3DOF?
Without wishing to speak about the delay of both the pedal and the steering wheel.
In my humble opinion, this game regarding physics, under these conditions can not be judged.
For the rest, graphics, sound, etc. everyone has their own tastes! I do not like it, I still prefer DR1
Forgive me for my english
Someone posted a tweak on reddit/Steam about some missing config lines. Some people report really good feeling from bumps/gravel while others dont see any difference. However might be that some put in the wrong numbers in the wrong Place. Not sure. I havent bought it yet due to feedback. But seems some FFB config file is "wrong" with wrong numbers and missing values and some people say it brought DR2 back to DR1 level - almost.

Someone posted a tweak on reddit/Steam about some missing config lines. Some people report really good feeling from bumps/gravel while others dont see any difference. However might be that some put in the wrong numbers in the wrong Place. Not sure. I havent bought it yet due to feedback. But seems some FFB config file is "wrong" with wrong numbers and missing values and some people say it brought DR2 back to DR1 level - almost.
I tried to make those changes to the xml file, trying all possible values from 1.0 to 10 but in my opinion the situation gets worse

I pre ordered my copy on Steam. I know, I should have waited, but now that I hear it's online only despite what Code Masters has put out, I will not download it. I'll wait and see if this constant connection thing is true. If so I'm going to ask for a refund. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%