DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 - Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Released.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been made available on all platforms today.

The much anticipated sequel to Codemasters DiRT Rally has been made available for all platforms today, releasing to the wider general public following four days of 'Early Access' release to owners of the deluxe edition of the game.

You can catch some early access videos of the new title on our YouTube channel HERE.

Want to know our thoughts on DiRT Rally 2.0? Read our review HERE.

As well as global launch, DiRT Rally 2.0 also has a robust DLC plan in store for players, that will see additional content added to the game in the coming weeks - details of which can be found below:

Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to share your mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Last three days were nothing but frustration for me. This game is so far to be a masterpiece as me being a pro rally driver. And no, suprisingly, the FFB is not that bad. It feels like they created new physics model (quite good) and then just glued everything else on top of it. This game lacks so much polish. Well, what CM's game doesn't anyway?

• The game periodically crashes after several stages.
  • The game doesn't perform as well as other titles (i5, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, T300RS).
  • TXAA kills the visuals, again.
  • The new tyre-selection feature is hugely underdeveloped.
  • Same goes for the whole carrier and upgrade system (F1's poor brother).
  • Tuning setup sliders increase/decrease values in very big steps (brake bias +/- 7%, differential +/- 6%, ...).
  • Some stages don't appear very bumpy, but the car bounces all the way up and down on the screen all the time (it's almost impossible to focus on the road and see where I'm going).
  • Many things are not explained in the game (option settings, what are "used" cars and what is disadvantage of buying them?, etc.).
  • I'm a very mediocre player, but even in the first championship I'm not able to place higher than 15th (I don't mind actually, but the times of the AI seem weird to me for this level).
  • Unable to set correct FOV (numeric value missing, small range).
  • Very limited ranges for seat adjustment.
  • Why I can't have HUD in the cockpit view? (applies for every CM's game several years back).
  • The menus are aesthetically poor (personal - I hate the italics).
  • And some more things I don't recall right now.

When I think about it, I realize, I don't like Codemasters' games very much. :) The template is always the same.

Last edited:
too lazy to map the name of the keys to the actual keys, instead displaying a useless "10" or "2" button that is supposed to to map a one of the 30 buttons I have between my wheel and button box,

You can edit the controller profile xml-files and copy all the menu/replay mappings from the keyboard file and paste them into your preferred main controller file, replacing the button mappings. Works like a charm once you've done it, keys are then shown instead of button numbers. But I agree - it should have been easier.

Aren't cattle grills "collisions" rather than "road texture"?
BTW, just checked this. They are definitely under Suspension, not Collisions.

some stages doesn't appear very bumpy, but the car bounces all the way up and down on the screen all the time (almost impossible to focus on the road and see where I'm going)

I kinda agree with most of what you listed, except it doesn't really annoy me as much as it seems to annoy you, but this one is quite annoying indeed. It kinda helps to set the camera shake to max, so it is at least somewhat disconnected from the car and can move around a tiny bit, but it would need a lot more IMO. The bouncing makes it feel as if the actual road the car is "driving" on has a way lower polygon resolution than the road we see visually (which may be the case in sims I believe), which makes the car make sudden sharp bumps, and with the camera being too connected to the car, it results in very unstable view that can actually make me a bit queasy at times, which should tell you how bad it is as I don't usually suffer from any motion sickness or stuff like that.

HA accuforce is finally alive and game ffb can be switch off in favor sim commander foundation ffb!Great job SimX !Shame codemasters!Without sim commander this game would be dead for long time cause I think they will not bring any fix for long time :)

BTW, I was looking around for more info on the FOV settings, and apparently on Dirt 4, the middle of the FOV slider was 55 degrees, and each click (5 in each direction) was 5 degrees. Horizontal, I would assume, because it looks very close to what I'm used to in other sims if I approach this slider as hFOV in DR2 with the same value range as the ones mentioned above for D4.

Last edited:
I'd say that a lot of people are blowing this way out of proportion, though. Yes, there's no road feel (except the damned cattle grids, which I find way more funny for some reason than I probably should, and they are also the reason I think this really is just some kind of bug and not how it was intended to be) and not much (but definitely something) in regard of FFB response to jumps or similar stuff. But most of what you actually need for driving the car is there and feels very good IMO. So it's not that the FFB is so lacking you can't enjoy the game and drive the car fast, it's just that you are currently missing some of the additional forces that mostly serve as a sort of added detail, something that is mostly just needed for immersion.
Ah good to hear mate. I really want the game. I hope they tweak tho. Im on triple screen as well and i hear FOV has no numbers and the seat movement is really short. Wish they update that but i doubt it.

BTW, I was looking around for more info on the FOV settings, and apparently on Dirt 4, the middle of the FOV slider was 55 degrees, and each click (5 to each direction) was 5 degrees. Horizontal, I would assume, because it looks very close to what I'm used to in other sims if I approach this slider as hFOV in DR2 with the same value range as the ones mentioned above for D4.
Thanks for checking! :)
Guess I'll put suspension way down then when I enter Australia :p

A question, does this game not lnclude snow tracks or am I just plain stupid couse can`t find anything on google ?
It seems hmm unthinkable but...I`l be honest, it`s a deal breaker for me....and a thing hard to imagine even in XX century, a rally game whitout snow tracks it`s like a guy whitout balls or car whitout wheels...

A question, does this game not lnclude snow tracks or am I just plain stupid couse can`t find anything on google ?
It seems hmm unthinkable but...I`l be honest, it`s a deal breaker for me....and a thing hard to imagine even in XX century, a rally game whitout snow tracks it`s like a guy whitout balls or car whitout wheels...
You are correct, the standard version got no snow tracks.
The deluxe Edition contains the old dirt rally 1 Sweden stage though and will come at some point Roadmap is available somewhere with the release dates.

I got a feeling this game isn't selling as well as they hoped on steam. There is less than 700 people in the game with %70 mostly positive review score also less than 400 reviews

According to steam charts it's daily current user so far is on par with AC which is the most played sim on Steam.
https://steamcharts.com/app/690790

As with most racing sims once the sun goes down in the UK the servers turn into a ghost town which sucks as that's around 3pm here in Canada and the sole reason I continue to pay for an iracing subscription.

Starting to wonder if the multi player in Dirt 2.0 is bugged or broken? 25+ hrs in-gam, randomly checking the servers and the most I've seen is 2 servers and 6 users?
Seems odd if ya go by steams number?

Any rumors on upcoming patch, or we should give up the hope?

Going by the 12 pages of bugs reported on there home page and several tweets regarding the ffb saying "we're on it"....hopefully we will see one sooner than later before it lands the same faith as Dirt 4.

Masterpiece, greatest rally game to date :O_o:
No longer will I listen to pre-release review hype from you tubers, I'll wait a week for user reviews before making a decision.

I'll admit, asides from the number of bugs I've encountered, I am still having a lot of fun, probably cause it's the first rally title I've spent time with.....kinda like a kid in a candy shop...than the sugar high runs out and ya start seeing clearer lol

I'd like to get more info on how this track degrading system works?
After 20+hrs I don't think it's a live track like iracing or pc2...and more like a random baked track like Raceroom with 3 sets of degradation.

In Rallycross going over the dirt, parts don't seem to be leaving any set of ruts or changing the track.

IMO I'd really like to see SMS get ahold of a rally license and make a game with there live track and weather system.

The current state of this game reminds me a lot of Raceroom when it came out of beta.
Looks and sounds good, has some attractive content, floaty physics, no tire pressure adjustments and basic tuning options, a lack of damage, little to no mp with better content coming in dlc, simple track tech and always online requirement.
Hopefully, Codies can improve the game like Sector3 did.....but a little quicker than 5yrs :)

Edit: I read 3 comments on the Codies form that kind of irked me...
-Dirt 2.0 will only be supported for 6 months after release......and I thought SMS 1 yr was short.
-This game is not for casual gamers, it's physics focus on simulation to compete with the likes of FM7 & GT Sport......:O_o::thumbsdown:
-The majority of users use gamepads, so the ffb issues only affect the small minority of wheel users.
The last comment I should have put 2+2 together in regards to the current ffb on wheels when codies released the Phil Mills pace note preview with the driver using a controller.

Last edited:
Starting to wonder if the multi player in Dirt 2.0 is bugged or broken? 25+ hrs in-gam, randomly checking the servers and the most I've seen is 2 servers and 6 users?
Seems odd if ya go by steams number?

As it is maximum 8 drivers on a server at the same time, you often don't bother with having an open server. Just start it private and invite friends. That way, if you end up doing an RX race or 6, you don't have the random wreckers either.
In addition to that, I am quite sure there is a lot of people that don't know you start an online server from the "Custom Championship".

There are thousands doing the daily events - but this game needs a club/leagues/esport thing, and they need to get it out fast.

Finally had some time today to test the game, and mixed feelings so far
* FFB is clearly not "broken" but I see what effects are people missing, I'd like them too.

* Physics... I'd say that: Vanilla DR < DR2.0 < DR 1 with RFPE + Alternate Physics & CTF / RBR (I put them together because one is greater in few aspects, another is greater at few other).

And those "weight effects" - well the car now just shakes and punches the ground, like it has no suspension. Very noticeable from outside view, how the whole car shakes. Especially very annoying if you hit some bump off track, and the car just turns into shaky uncontrollable brick, and here comes annoying blur or bloom of image, that is very distracting. I know those effects were in DR1 and D4 as well, but here they are especially annoying, for some reason. Even if you hit a small pole at 10 km/h - you have the blurred image effect. I'd like to turn that thing off, without compromising other graphics.

* Sounds are great. Especially in the replays

* Carreer mode: apart from that RaceNet issue which is strangely no one is talking about :whistling:, it's a bit dull, compared to D4. When they said "we got the best from D4" I really hope they got that part where you can rent a car, or buy a car and create custom livery for it within the game; and in every other aspects D4's carreer mode is just fantastic - it was really great way to spend a weekend evening. If only driving was better...

* Graphics: Is quite nice, the engine tho has all the problems it had before, and honestly while everything look much more detailed - I still prefer D4 dynamic lighting; that moment when the sun is covered by clouds, the stage becomes a little blue-ish etc.

* Stages: I have driven quite little amount of stages. Do like the New England and New Zealand stages, others are a bit generic.

Finally, there's a very annoying crashing issue at loading stage/exiting from stage, which adds frustration to it.

I'll leave it till it receives some updates, or till there will be RFPE mod available.

Last edited:
or buy a car and create custom livery for it within the game;

Nope. Or. You can buy, but no livery editor.

Finally, there's a very annoying crashing issue at loading stage/exiting from stage, which adds frustration to it.

Somehow it's "nice" to see others having this issue. I don't have it personally, but I know of a very small number of people that have it. The more that have the issue, the better chance of it getting noticed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.