DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 - Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Released.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been made available on all platforms today.

The much anticipated sequel to Codemasters DiRT Rally has been made available for all platforms today, releasing to the wider general public following four days of 'Early Access' release to owners of the deluxe edition of the game.

You can catch some early access videos of the new title on our YouTube channel HERE.

Want to know our thoughts on DiRT Rally 2.0? Read our review HERE.

As well as global launch, DiRT Rally 2.0 also has a robust DLC plan in store for players, that will see additional content added to the game in the coming weeks - details of which can be found below:

Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to share your mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Ok, any idea to reduce the turn-in in the first input degress of the steering wheel? Because on tarmac im using only 30º from 540º and it feels weird, i want to use at least 180º.

Any idea to induce understeer trough car setup settings? Because i dont want to induce it by steering linearity and stuff like this.

more understeery? stiffen up the front springs, anti rollbar and/or soften rear springs, anti rollbar.
Soft springs is more grip but more unstable.
Best advice i ever got was: springs should be as soft as possible without compromising stability (and in rally stop bottomming out after jumps and pits obviously )
You could also play with diff settings: more front diff on throttle, under braking or while coasting(preload)
will give the car more understeer when you want it. Don't just blindly put all 3 higher. Notice in a shakedown where you want it. If it's already understeering while exciting the corner under power... you want less of that.
Not sure if going to help cause only 30 degrees of input sounds as way sensitive steering. Try going on throttle before fully depressing the brake pedal.

edit: i just did the weekly historic with the opel kadett. i use 700 degrees rotation and i don't get over 90 degrees input, usually just like 45-60 degrees. Unless i am correcting a snap oversteer event. Most steering i did with the right foot.
irl not much steering input either unless really tight slow corner or correcting

Last edited:
Oh, the early days of GPL!
I'm sure I didn't have a ffb wheel for Mobil Rally maybe even as far as Rally Trophy with a Saitek or did I have my sidewinder by then, can't remember.
Better get back on topic before I have to warn myself.:redface:
Great nostalgia!
I played GPL with the steering wheel "Logitech WingMan Formula GP Racing Wheel -USB" the yellow one, without FFB, a great fun!
Then I went to the rally with Colin McRae Rally, 1, 2, 3 and 4 but when it came out RBR was a different story with the Logitech G25, great game and great steering wheel!
... I'm really old!
it's true! in those days we discussed physics without having FFB but we talk about 20 years ago when the games were those of the game room, and the FFB was a rarity, today it seems really anachronistic.
I repeat that in my opinion at the moment with this FFB it is not possible to express an impartial judgment on the physics of DR2.

No DLSS = No Buy
Had high hopes for this sequel, but with the mixed reviews I'm thinking it might be best to pick it up on the "summer sale" maybe. You would also think that with Rally racing it would have a more aggressive FFB given the fact that there is much more pressure on the tires and steering linkage etc. Hopefully they use the next six months to dial that in proper.

Interested in WRC 7 but read it doesn't support accuforce or heusinkveld, can you comment on that?
True it seems some DD wheels don't get recognized which is crappy.
WRC 7 sucks, there is no option to hide the steering wheel, there is no advanced saturation options to optimize the axis, the handling and the forcefeedback sucks.
Compared to DR1 I actually prefer it, didn't have issues with the handling as it is a simcade after all so I wasn't expecting that to be top notch, as long as it feels intuitive which it does. But again compared to what is out there it holds its own quite well. I'm having a blast racing through the stages.
The default FFB is terrible, you have to follow a guide unfortunately.
I was playing around with the sliders and this is what I came up with so far for my Fanatec CSL. I know putting it on max wheel angle (full 900 here) looks weird, but somehow it does not seem to be what I think it was meaning steering rotation. Still WIP though:

CpB3De7.jpg

aGOe9Rm.jpg

Compared to DR1 I actually prefer it, didn't have issues with the handling as it is a simcade after all so I wasn't expecting that to be top notch, as long as it feels intuitive which it does. But again compared to what is out there it holds its own quite well. I'm having a blast racing through the stages.

Even V-Rally 4 is a better option than WRC 7, it has the option to hide the steering wheel, the saturation options to optimize the axis, clutch override. The physics are not as good as Dirt Rally 1 but for sure better than WRC 7. All those important features are missing in WRC 7. Who on earth would prefer it?

It's like to say I prefer a Wolkswagen instead of a Lamborghini, because the Wolkswagen feels good.

Last edited:
  • tunaphis

@ Bruno Iwanczuk, Setup isn't pronounced
as Dirt rally but it's there on Ps4 at least.After 20 hours on @.

Mod edit: removed your foul language

Last edited by a moderator:
how is the physics ?
With the RWD old cars it feels okay :thumbsup: .--not sublime --but okay.. FWD cars also okay ..
4WD Cars are always a bit strange Since they want to pull you out of the corner ( 4WD ) I have never driven one in real life so dont know how that should feel ..

A little interesting adjustment that is somewhat hidden in the game is Engine braking when going down in the gears it has 5 settings . Very useful with some of the insane fast cars ( using a high setting ) ..

With the RWD old cars it feels okay :thumbsup: .--not sublime --but okay.. FWD cars also okay ..
4WD Cars are always a bit strange Since they want to pull you out of the corner ( 4WD ) I have never driven one in real life so dont know how that should feel ..

A little interesting adjustment that is somewhat hidden in the game is Engine braking when going down in the gears it has 5 settings . Very useful with some of the insane fast cars ( using a high setting ) ..
I hope you’re not talking about the “Time Control Braking” setting. That has nothing to do with engine braking. That’s an assist that helps you slow down for the marshal post after you cross the finish line. It should be set to OFF for full realism.

So Tarmac must be absolute cr@p then if Dirt 1 was better! :roflmao:
I don't know, Dirt Rally 2.0 tarmac it's playable but feels too slippery, if you drift the car at high speeds as it is slippery you can easily recover control. In RBR which had grippy physics, if you drift at high speeds you may end up in a tree. It was much harder to recover control.

Last edited:
So Tarmac must be absolute cr@p then if Dirt 1 was better! :roflmao:
I don't agree, Dirt Rally 1 tarmac is worst I've ever seen in any sim... by a large margin.

Anything has better tarmac. Dirt Rally tarmac feel was so absurd and bizarre feeling it has it's entire own class.... which isn't sim, arcade or simcade. More like WTF-cade.

Dirt Rally 2.0 tarmac is not good, but it's clearly better than Dirt Rally tarmac. As an overall package, the physics are much stronger than Dirt Rally. On gravel the jump is huge on every area, on tarmac small.

FFB is lacking some effects, but it doesn't prevent assessing the physics imo, it has enough info to tell that the gravel physics are improved

Last edited:
(I've never understood the complaints about DR tarmac. It wasn't perfect, granted, but it wasn't the disaster some people are making it out to be either IMO. Same with DR2 from what I've tried so far.)

What a shamemasters sold game with broken buged FFB!Shame
Looks like everybody on racedepartment playing with controlers or with sxxt wheels which have no difference have ffb or not have at all!
With direct drive feels only self self aligning toque nothing else is working in this broke ffb!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%