DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 - Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Released.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been made available on all platforms today.

The much anticipated sequel to Codemasters DiRT Rally has been made available for all platforms today, releasing to the wider general public following four days of 'Early Access' release to owners of the deluxe edition of the game.

You can catch some early access videos of the new title on our YouTube channel HERE.

Want to know our thoughts on DiRT Rally 2.0? Read our review HERE.

As well as global launch, DiRT Rally 2.0 also has a robust DLC plan in store for players, that will see additional content added to the game in the coming weeks - details of which can be found below:

Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to share your mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Because you’re racing against other players in this mode

Omg Codemasters finally gone insane. In career mode now i racing against other players, not bots? Or they still not sure about their own AI in the game even on game release, so gamers force to constantly check that AI doesn't cheat. Well, if believe to reddit, AI in this game actually cheating with time, but maybe Codies need to fix AI and not to torture their buyers with RaceNet? I belive, main reason for constant online is anti piracy measures. Game was cracked by pirates in first day of early access (22 february), but career in this torrent version is still not available. At least now. And everyone understand that this RaceNet bullshit doesn't protect players from cheaters. There is a lot of scum in online games and they always be there. Even nowadays in DR1. I just don't want my whole career progress in this game depends of Codemasters servers.

• Deleted member 197115

Simply, DiRT Rally 2.0 is the most alive DiRT game to date; the My Team career campaign is our most complex offering we’ve had, and our Community Events are built into this too. Because you’re racing against other players in this mode, we need to ensure we maintain a level playing field – and My Team being online means that we can verify everyone’s race results. In turn, this also means we can confirm that all car purchases and upgrades have been obtained legitimately.
Single player campaign, Community events. Why these two are bunched together?
Who designs things like this?

Please provide more specifics about this, or did you just pull that one out of your arse?
Well, in Dirt Rally, when i changed toe, camber, anti roll bars, and many other settings, i felt no change at all.

I tested some settings in Dirt Rally 2.0 and it's the same, nothing changes.

You can CLEARY feel understeer and oversteer effects when you touch antiroll bars in Assetto Corsa for example.

That DOESN'T happen in Dirt Rally.

Codemasters can't even release a bugs free game :whistling:. How do you think they are able to implement realistic physics with realistic setup effects?

8 years have passed since they released the first F1 game, and they just keep releasing it with bugs.

For example, the brake bias setting doesn't work for all 2010 cars in Dirt Rally 1. Try it by yourself, this one is easy to see if it works or not. Just brake and you will see both rear and front wheels keep locking at the same time doesn't matter what you do with the brake bias.

Last edited:
Well, in Dirt Rally, when i changed toe, camber, anti roll bars, and many other settings, i felt no change at all.

I tested some settings in Dirt Rally 2.0 and it's the same, nothing changes.

You can CLEARY feel understeer and oversteer effects when you touch antiroll bars in Assetto Corsa for example.

That DOESN'T happen in Dirt Rally.

Codemasters can't even release a bugs free game :whistling:. How do you think they are able to implement realistic physics with realistic setup effects?

8 years have passed since they released the first F1 game, and they just keep releasing it with bugs.

Rally is very different from circuit racing, some setup changes may not feel as pronounced as you would expect coming from another discipline.

Pick any FWD car and set the rear full toe-in and you will have a massively more stable rear, as expected.

Try going from full toe out and then to full toe in. If you won't feel any difference at all then.. yeah.
I tried the Polo R5 now, i tried full toe out in both front and rear wheels. It feels just the same as the standart settings.

Also changed front and rear antiroll bars from max to min, just feel the same doesn't matter what i do.

Don't trust Bugmasters...

Well, at least the standart handling for gravel and mud is very good. My only complaint is the tarmac which feels too hovercraft.

I tried the Polo R5 now, i tried full toe out in both front and rear wheels. It feels just the same as the standart settings.

Also changed front and rear antiroll bars from max to min, just feel the same doesn't matter what i do.

Don't trust Bugmasters...

Well, at least the standart handling for gravel and mud is very good. My only complaint is the tarmac which feels too hovercraft.

So it's either just in my head or you are not able to pick up any nuances at all when changing stuff.

We just have to disagree then ;)

Omg Codemasters finally gone insane. In career mode now i racing against other players, not bots?

This would explain this ridiculous 'AI'-times with many cars on lots of stages once you get into the 8-stage championship-mode. Even all upgrades doesn't help and the 'AI' seems to be running on rails. Seems they mixed the career-mode with some kind of leaderboard-challenges, so try-and-error-'aliens' are your opponents that don't care about safety and tactics.

So it's either just in my head or you are not able to pick up any nuances at all when changing stuff.

We just have to disagree then ;)
Ok, any idea to reduce the turn-in in the first input degress of the steering wheel? Because on tarmac im using only 30º from 540º and it feels weird, i want to use at least 180º.

Any idea to induce understeer trough car setup settings? Because i dont want to induce it by steering linearity and stuff like this.

Got WRC7 for 12 bucks from CDkeys yesterday, and end up playing it all night. This game passed under many people's radar after the previous entries into the WRC series were very 'meh', but 7 is an exception the physics and FFB are quite nice this time round and the stages are long and wonderful. Pro tip if you don't want to pay 3 times as much for DR2 which has the usual issues that plague the series again.

Ok, any idea to reduce the turn-in in the first input degress of the steering wheel? Because on tarmac im using only 30º from 540º and it feels weird, i want to use at least 180º.

Any idea to induce understeer trough car setup settings? Because i dont want to induce it by steering linearity and stuff like this.

Am I understanding correctly if you think the steering is too direct, that the turn-in is too quick on tarmac?
I would say that is down to the steering lock/ratio of each car, something we can't change sadly. Trying to mend this with purely setup changes to give you instant understeer will probably be very difficult.

My only advice to this would probably to try running 720 instead of 540.

This is the first rally game I have really played since Rallisport challenge on the Xbox (i have Dirt 1 but never really played it), I like Dirt 2.0 but I can't stand this practice of releasing an unfinished game, we are getting half a game with the remaining game sold to us as DLC, it's disgusting really!

Am I understanding correctly if you think the steering is too direct, that the turn-in is too quick on tarmac?
I would say that is down to the steering lock/ratio of each car, something we can't change sadly. Trying to mend this with purely setup changes to give you instant understeer will probably be very difficult.

My only advice to this would probably to try running 720 instead of 540.
Yeah but that way the steering wheel doesn't match the virtual steering wheel rotation.

Got WRC7 for 12 bucks from CDkeys yesterday, and end up playing it all night. This game passed under many people's radar after the previous entries into the WRC series were very 'meh', but 7 is an exception the physics and FFB are quite nice this time round and the stages are long and wonderful. Pro tip if you don't want to pay 3 times as much for DR2 which has the usual issues that plague the series again.
Interested in WRC 7 but read it doesn't support accuforce or heusinkveld, can you comment on that?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back