DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | New 1.13 Update and GOTY Edition Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have dropped the new 'Game of the Year' edition of DiRT Rally 2.0, alongside updating both the vanilla release and Oculus VR editions of the software.

Yes, VR fans can now rejoice in the glory of a full updated and content rich version of DiRT Rally at long last! The Oculus Store version of the game now comes complete will all the content and patches associated with the main version of DR2.0...

As well as a major Oculus update, players of the standard version of the title also enjoy a little update as the game reaches build version 1.13 - adding a few minor fixes as well as some small scale tweaks to the sim.

On a larger note, the new Colin McRae 'Flat Out' DLC has been made available as either a standalone purchase (or free with season pack ownership), as well as the new and fully content complete Game of the Year retail release - available for both Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Check out the update notes and new trailer below:

V1.13 Update Notes

Content (as part of Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack):

• New Game Mode: Colin McRae Scenarios
  • New Location: Perth and Kinross, Scotland
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Legacy RS
  • New Livery: Peugeot 205 GTI – Colin McRae (1988)
  • New Livery: MG Metro 6R4 – Colin McRae (2003)
Content:
  • New Livery: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 – Valvoline (Fictional)
    Note: Free to all players who have access to the car.
Achievements:
  • New Achievement: Building a Legacy – Roll the SUBARU Legacy RS 3 times on a single stage in Finland, and finish.
  • New Achievement: If in Doubt… – Complete every Scenario on any difficulty.
  • New Achievement: …Flatout – Complete every Scenario on Very Hard difficulty.
  • New Achievement: In its Element – Complete the 1995 Wales Scenario in Colin McRae’s SUBARU Impreza 1995.
  • New Achievement: Pedal to the Metal – Set a time of 7 minutes or faster on Newhouse Bridge, in the SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • When in Doubt… – Adjusted French language translation.
Cars:
  • Resolved issue where cars would appear with missing or misplaced body panels.
  • Rebalanced engine audio mix for all cars.
  • ŠKODA Fabia Rally – Updated engine audio.
  • Citroën C4 Rally – Updated engine audio.
  • MINI Cooper SX1 – Resolved issue where rev lights appeared blurred.
Locations:
  • Powys, Wales – Increased volume of pre-Stage co-driver callouts.
UI/UX:
  • Added Colin McRae Scenarios tab to the main menu.
  • Resolved issue where a number of Terminal Damages incurred was not displaying correctly in My Team.
  • Resolved issue where Service Area penalty times were not displaying on results screen in Custom Championship Events.
  • Resolved issue where Class Leader’s position on progress bar would freeze during Custom Online Events.
  • Added marker to show when a player has set invalid laps in Time Trial (Rallycross).
Clubs:
  • Added support for Perth and Kinross, Scotland as a selectable Location.
Trial Version:
  • Added ability for Trial players to view in-game announcements.
Miscellaneous:
  • Resolved issue where car damage would not be carried over to Service Area after a player abandons a Rallycross race.
  • Resolved issue where players would lose access to timed-exclusive liveries when declining End User License Agreement, after resetting save data.
  • Resolved issue where the transition from VM to VR would appear blurred.
  • Made various improvements to co-driver callouts in multiple languages.
  • Made several minor bug-fixes throughout the title.
  • Made several minor stability improvements throughout the title.
Content (Oculus version only):
  • New Game Mode: Colin McRae Scenarios
  • New Location: Perth and Kinross, Scotland
  • New Location: Bikernieki, Latvia
  • New Location: Värmland, Sweden
  • New Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
  • New Location: Powys, Wales
  • New Location: Argolis, Greece
  • New Location: Baumholder, Germany
  • New Location: Jämsä, Finland
  • New Location: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
  • New Location: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
  • New Location: Lydden Hill, UK
  • New Location: Estering, Germany
  • New Car: Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro *
  • New Car: BMW M1 Procar Rally
  • New Car: Citroën C4 Rally
  • New Car: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • New Car: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007
  • New Car: Ford RS200 Evolution
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) *
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5 *
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) *
  • New Car: Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • New Car: Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross
  • New Car: MINI Cooper SX1 *
  • New Car: MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross
  • New Car: Opel Manta 400
  • New Car: Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross
  • New Car: Peugeot 206 Rally
  • New Car: Peugeot 306 Maxi
  • New Car: Peugeot 208 WRX *
  • New Car: Porsche 911 SC RS
  • New Car: Renault Clio R.S. RX *
  • New Car: Renault Megane R.S. RX *
  • New Car: Seat Ibiza RX *
  • New Car: Seat Ibiza Kit Car
  • New Car: ŠKODA Fabia Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza (2001)
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza (2008)
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Legacy RS
  • New Car: Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
  • New Livery: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 – Valvoline (Fictional)
  • New Livery: Peugeot 205 GTI – Colin McRae (1988)
  • New Livery: MG Metro 6R4 – Colin McRae (2003)
  • New Liveries: Added custom liveries (around 60 in total) to almost all base-game cars. **

If you want to know more about the pack and how you can access it, Codemasters have released the below rather useful FAQ:

When can I get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • Physical versions (Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only) release on March 27.
  • Digital versions (all platforms) release on March 24.
Can I pre-order the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • If you don’t have DiRT Rally 2.0 at all, the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition (available now) will contain all of the content listed above.
  • If you have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition (also known as the Day One Edition), the Year One Pass will give you the remaining content not included in the Base Game.
I bought the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition, what do I need to have all the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • The Deluxe Edition contains Season 1 and 2. If you purchase the Season 3 and 4 bundle, you’ll have everything.
  • You will already have access to the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack even if you don’t purchase Seasons 3 and 4.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Upgrade (Seasons 1 and 2), what do I need to have all the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • If you purchase the Season 3 and 4 bundle, you’ll have everything.
  • You will already have access to the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack even if you don’t purchase Seasons 1 and 2.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition, does that mean I’ll have DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • Yes.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass, does that mean I have all of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • Yes.
I have all 4 Seasons of DiRT Rally 2.0, does that mean I already have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • Yes.
    The Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack will unlock for you on March 24.
I have DiRT Rally 2.0 on Oculus, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • No.
    When your game updates on March 24 you’ll get everything.
I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC content (individual cars and locations) but did not buy a Season bundle, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass will give you everything.
I have DiRT Rally 2.0 on Xbox Game Pass, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass will give you everything.
Are the timed-exclusive (Festive & Solberg Challenge) liveries available in DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The liveries for these cars will be unlocked for all players later this year.
Can I buy the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack individually?
  • Yes. (Price £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99)
Can I buy the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack content pieces individually?
  • All contents from the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack come as a complete package and cannot be bought individually.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

DR 2 Update and GOTY Edition.jpg

So bog

You think the notes are not wrong on purpose, how come they get 99% of them right then?

How come a lot of stages finishes have very tricky corners in them and a massive variance in the length from the yellow board to the red stop board? When in fact they should all be the same? These are all little things to add wildcard aspects to the difficulty, not realism.

Got the DL edition in recent steam sale and the CMR update for free just days later. Extremely positively surprised, I like the first game, but their last update for it ruined the VR part, it had a microstutter every ten seconds which by no means I could get rid of. This game now has smooth VR, immense content, drives nice, and this for a very low (sales) price. Excellent bang for the buck ratio. Absolutely recommended, I love it. The one thing i do not like - once again in a Codemaster title: the menu is baaaah, and mouse does not work in VR and with wheel attached at least. They hsould not enforce this stupid console design on PC platforms, it has always sucked and it will always suck. Else: great racing game. The difficulty for my taste is just about right, not too much, not too little. The new Scotland stages mauled be badly, however, which is no criticism, but an expression of appreciation.

Should do. I use Index on Steam version, I don't seer any difference with a different headset. You MIGHT not have native Oculus support, however, and might need to use SteamVR instead. Can't be certain, but it's a possibility.

So bog

You think the notes are not wrong on purpose, how come they get 99% of them right then?

How come a lot of stages finishes have very tricky corners in them and a massive variance in the length from the yellow board to the red stop board? When in fact they should all be the same? These are all little things to add wildcard aspects to the difficulty, not realism.

How about human error maybe? How come they fixed some of the notes in updates if they were wrong by design as you suggests?

Having finishes in tricky corners is surely one aspect of added challenge, not that it's abscent in real life now and then.

Also, there are notes describing the finish lines, adapt your speed to that. If you don't care of it you can turn off the flying finish feature.

I am not expecting perfection, that is impossible. and I am picking faults in an otherwise fairly well put together game.

But, there are areas that are clearly deliberately made to be overly difficult, and by design, not by anything natural.

That's all I mean. The game is hard enough already, there is no need for this false increasing difficulty, lights, awful rain drops, etc etc.

I've been burned slightly with regards to the DLC for this title, and to be honest i've not put that much time into the game. But it'll always have a special place in my heart because of where the franchise all began... Colin McRae Rally.
RIP Colin!

[QUOTE="turbo86, post: 3137517, member: 3125"There are developers out there who make mostly simulators, and their products haven't been cracked yet and will probably never will be. [/QUOTE]

lul

okay buddy sure

only sims that aren't cracked ARE the ones constantly connected. Raceroom and iRacing.

"My steam is online the moment my computer boots, but f*ck codemasters for always connecting to racenet" I just don't see the problem? Google and facebook stalk you every couple minutes, even without a facebook account. They spy on everything you do on your phone, where you are etc. But f*ck codemasters for checking piracy / the leaderboards? Give me online over pc slowing DRM's. Except for last week( they patched it), racenet connection problems have been unexsistant for me. First month had its bad moments but after that, nothing. For the rest of those 300hours i have been racing, mostly club championships

The Newhouse Bridge stage reminds me of Swedish Rally roads during summer. Ditches and elevations makes sense, it just feels like a proper rally stage.

Best thing about Scotland is the absence of weird bumps that kills the flow. Great stuff!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%