DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack Arrives March 24th

Rob Every

500RPM
May 31, 2008
Have I played Pikes Peak in GT Sport recently? I dont think so, so what on earth is that about!!

Martin Fiala

5000RPM
Jun 30, 2011
Yeah, they don't seem to be doing anything with the licence, that's the worst part. They just own it and block everyone else from using it by doing so.

• Angry
Reactions: Eckhart von Glan

shadow118

250RPM
Nov 7, 2015
I seriously doubt any hillclimb is coming for DR2.0. They can't do Pikes Peak, which basically was the only hillclimb they ever did in the past, and I'd say if new content is ever coming, traditional rally is way more likely than hillclimb IMO.
They had another hillclimb in Colin McRae DiRT, called Windy Point

Dec 29, 2006
well, I really enjoyed the odd Pikes Peak evening when I still had Dirt Rally installed and was hoping for a comeback. I was dead slow at it because I could never quite remember the many many turns, it was fun, though, being surprised time and again.

FernandoAFM

The CP Driver
Oct 13, 2013
Cool pack! Awesome to get new stages, but I’m afraid this location may be too similar to Wales - I hope I’m wrong!

dghfd

1RPM
Nov 5, 2015
Ah yes! Subaru 22B and the old one, Awesome!!! Scotland, I don't know what to say, it's another location so I'm not complaining but maybe a sandy kind of rally like Safari rally or a muddy, rainy and thick jungle location like rally Indonesia would have given more variety, but I guess that's too much work, I'm happy with Scotland non the less, Codemasters listened, more rally locations :)

Martin Fiala

5000RPM
Jun 30, 2011
but maybe a sandy kind of rally like Safari rally or a muddy, rainy and thick jungle location like rally Indonesia would have given more variety, but I guess that's too much work
I would expect the "would require a lot more money" reason might be a bit more important than "too much work" ;)

Reactions: Stuzly

dghfd

1RPM
Nov 5, 2015
I would expect the "would require a lot more money" reason might be a bit more important than "too much work" ;)
True, but I'd be willing to pay some good money for a completely full, lush and beautiful location, especially in a game that feels very well optimized to play. It's been a while since we had one (other than DR1) that felt nice to play, last one was RBR from 2005, so yeah, I just hope that they will stick with a game for a while and just expand on it, instead of making a new game every time, I mean, SCS Software has been doing that for years now with ETS2 and ATS, and new expansions are still being announced.

Rob Every

500RPM
May 31, 2008
If they are true to real, Scotland is very stony and in the old days punctures were always an issue, so more likely to be like Australia and Greece in terms of surface.

it depends where they base it, but int he past it was always i summer, so very dusty and punctures were a huge issue.

AlexHeuskat

75RPM
Sep 23, 2018
"a rally fan has obviously all the seasons." Sorry but that's not a rally fan.
I have all the dirt games and DLC, all the WRC games, Sebastien Loeb game, Gravel game and all the DLC, RBR and all the mods.....I'm a rally fan, so of course I have bought day one DR2.0 and I have bought day one all the season pass and DLCs, like all the rally games.
I add I have all the racing games, And I buy everything at DAY ONE. WHY ? I'm a sim racing fan, I have money, so I buy everything, I enjoy everything. (Rally is my favorite genre).
And with +10 000 $$$ for my sim rig, It's not possible to cry about the few $$$$ for the games or DLCs which give my my joy (I have Kartsim pro for +1000$, even Kartkraft at 20 $....).
Codemasters are the king, you can like or dislike, they are there. And with SMS, the will again improve a lot.

If you have not the Season pass, you are not a rally fan.

Last edited:

Rodger Davies

100RPM
Apr 17, 2011
I have all the dirt games and DLC, all the WRC games, Sebastien Loeb game, Gravel game and all the DLC, RBR and all the mods.....I'm a rally fan, so of course I have bought day one DR2.0 and I have bought day one all the season pass and DLCs, like all the rally games.
I add I have all the racing games, And I buy everything at DAY ONE. WHY ? I'm a sim racing fan, I have money, so I buy everything, I enjoy everything. (Rally is my favorite genre).
And with +10 000 $$$ for my sim rig, It's not possible to cry about the few $$$$ for the games or DLCs which give my my joy (I have Kartsim pro for +1000$, even Kartkraft at 20 $....).
Codemasters are the king, you can like or dislike, they are there. And with SMS, the will again improve a lot.

Mate, there’s no need to double down on this, that’s clearly not the case and you’re detailing the thread from the point. And whilst you may have a very expensive setup (I have a 4 year old mid range PC and a G29), some people are playing this game with a console and a pad - it’s doesn’t make them any less of a rally fan if they’re enjoying the game on a lower budget than you.

The pack can also be bought separately, so you don’t need to have a Season Pass. I’ve really enjoyed the DLC for DR2 (apart from Finland with its ‘forest fire’ effect) and think the game itself is superb now. Anyone just waking up to DR2 will get an amazing game with the best off road handling around and 12/13 of the finest modelled rally stages in existence IMO.

However, the 2000s era isn’t my favourite and I have zero interest in RX, so I didn’t buy the Seasons 3+4 content as a pass, but just bought all the rally parts I wanted individually. Heck, if there was a button to hide RX content in game I’d click it and never think twice.

Anyway, I’d be set with this game for a while (I don’t see DR3 gracing us any time soon and I’m sure the side of Codemasters’ boardroom that constantly whispers “make it more accessible” will win with the next game) so every superbly modelled unique stage kilometre I can get is gratefully accepted. Even better if it’s free and bundled with 2 interesting cars.

Last edited:

Alistair McKinley

100RPM
Premium
Jun 29, 2014

Imagine that there are rally fans around the world who don't play video games in the first place or don't know about this website, either! ;-)
While you are playing rally games on your computer, other people visit a real rally instead. ;-)
I'm not one of them but I just wanted to point this out.
It doesn't make someone a fan of something if he/she plays a computer game and purchases all of its content. Maybe there are people who are true rally fans and follow every rally on TV or have diecast models of rally cars in their showcases at home but don't have a computer ... Are these poeple no rally fans for you? Or other rally fans might buy an old cheap car and try to re-build an iconic rally car ... You don't know. And it doesn't matter. Everybody knows by himself/herself if he/she is a fan of something. You can't make it depend on certain criteria which you have chosen.

Sorry for being off topic.

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
To get the only new stages for this game we must have bought some of the recycled ones. F... hell, Codemasters.
Well, the base game itself already contained the new stages. Apart from that, most of the added Rallycross tracks were new. You will also be able to buy the Scotland stages separately.

Reactions: Eckhart von Glan
Dec 29, 2006
… You will also be able to buy the Scotland stages separately.
not quite, Codemasters said they will only sell the McRae items in a bundle. But I'm totally with you on the first part, buying the base game gave you all the new tracks and no one was forced to buy the old stages. I only did a lot later when the price was down and still haven't got all of them. No hurry. Very much looking forward to more gravel, i.e. Scotland.

AlleyViper

500RPM
Oct 29, 2015
Btw, the Year One Pass (S1+2)+(S3+4) is now marked at the same price as the discounted S1+2 alone.
Still, the solo S3+4 price remains untouched without any discount.

AlleyViper

500RPM
Oct 29, 2015
It wasn't at current price, it was marked slightly above at 18.74€ on Jan 27. Then it was further reduced to 14.99€ since Jan 31. (history)

Earlier on this thread you'll see references to $18.74 because of that (link), which should now be $14.99 too.

Last edited: