DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack Arrives March 24th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed their DiRT Rally 2.0 game will be signing out in style this March 24th - with the special edition 'Colin McRae FLAT OUT' pack set to arrive for the simulation...

Those of us with a long memory can probably vividly recall the original Colin McRae Rally games from the mid 1990's - the games that spawned the current DiRT Rally franchise - and in something of a homage to both the original games and the man himself, this March 24th a brand new Colin McRae themed DLC will be arriving for the title.

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been a wild and exciting ride, and the ‘FLAT OUT’ pack is the perfect way to conclude the journey,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “It’s 25 years since Colin became World Champion and the content is our tribute to the greatest rally driver of his generation.”

The Colin McRae ‘FLAT OUT’ pack includes the new Perth and Kinross rally location, a venue based in Scotland that contains 12 different stages, plus new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and Subaru Legacy RS - both iconic cars used by McRae during his exhilarating career.

Alongside the new content, the upcoming pack also contains 40 playable scenarios from McRae’s career, including 'time penalties, damaged equipment and mechanical failure'. These new scenarios give gamers the opportunity to participate in nine of the cars made famous throughout Colin’s career, including many iconic vehicles from previous Colin McRae Rally and DiRT games.

As we are all well aware, many different versions of the current DiRT Rally 2.0 videogame are available to the wouldbe purchaser - from the standard edition to many various deluxe and season pass variants. Anyone who owns any of the season packs and editions will get the new content at no additional charge, and those of us who own the Standard Edition will be able to purchase the additional content via their platform’s digital store.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on both PC and console.

Got a question? Start a thread in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

DR2 Flat Out Pack 2.jpg
DR2 Flat Out Pack 3.jpg
DR2 Flat Out Pack 1.jpg

nice, if you bought ANY pack for dirt 2.0 you get it for free, if you only bought single pieces of DLC you will not get it but have to buy the whole pack and I understand single items from the pack cannot be bought as separate DLC. I'm especially looking forward to the scenarios.
a rally fan has obviously all the seasons.
If you were not interested by all the seasons, why will you be interested by this one ?
Awesome from Codemasters, like always.

Lots of packages currently available at discount on Steam.

A bit confusing though -- For someone like me who has only the "base" game, which option would I need to purchase now to update to the Deluxe edition, with all DLC and this upcoming DLC included?

Lots of packages currently available at discount on Steam.

A bit confusing though -- For someone like me who has only the "base" game, which option would I need to purchase now to update to the Deluxe edition, with all DLC and this upcoming DLC included?

Eh, check what's cheapest between Year Pass (Season 1+4) and Super Deluxe Package which is DR 2.0, Deluxe Upgrade and Season 3+4. As Steam automagically removes DR 2.0 from that package due to you owning it. Those are your options to get all 4 seasons at once and probably the cheapest right now.

a rally fan has obviously all the seasons.
If you were not interested by all the seasons, why will you be interested by this one ?
Awesome from Codemasters, like always.

Nope. I don't have season 3+4. For the sole reason that I refuse that I have to pay more for those than people that didn't buy the deluxe edition of the game (which is not possible to buy anymore, now the deluxe edition is a package of base + season 1 and 2).

The problem is that Codemasters have forgotten to "check" on Steam that people who bought the Deluxe Edition of the game, owns the Deluxe Upgrade. Which means that Steam doesn't recognize it when trying to buy stuff. Which means that the Super Deluxe version includes season 1+2 even though I own it. Also, Year Pass includes season 1+2 even though I own it.
People who only bought the base-game at release, or bought the Deluxe Edition after it got split, or bought the Deluxe Upgrade, they have everything listed correctly on Steam. So if any of those try to buy the Super Deluxe, Steam removes DR2.0 and Season 1+2 from the package, but as you are still buying a package, you get the "package rebate".

Which is why I haven't bought S3+4.

Eh, check what's cheapest between Year Pass (Season 1+4) and Super Deluxe Package which is DR 2.0, Deluxe Upgrade and Season 3+4. As Steam automagically removes DR 2.0 from that package due to you owning it. Those are your options to get all 4 seasons at once and probably the cheapest right now.
It looks like the Year Pass (Seasons 1-4) is the cheapest way to go then. ($18.74 thru Feb 10). That would qualify for the upcoming Colin MacRae package, right?

I wonder if they are considering squeeze in any assets from slightly mad studios for this go of it. I can't think to what Project Cars has done better necessarily, but I'm sure there is a thing.

The problem is that Codemasters have forgotten to "check" on Steam that people who bought the Deluxe Edition of the game, owns the Deluxe Upgrade.
Is this also happening for users that bought the Deluxe right at release under Steam Store (in case it wasn't a package then), or it's just for key activated Deluxe editions?

I got the Deluxe from HumbleBundle this month, which shows solely as Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe Retail on activated licenses. So, like you describe, on the steam store (even if all individual dlcs from S1/S2 show as owned), the 1+2 "Deluxe Upgrade Store Package" isn't listed as owned either individually or within "packages" that contain it like Deluxe/Super Deluxe/Year One Pass.

Anyway, because of the type of package that is set for Year One with 1/2+3/4, it won't discount already owned titles (has "/sub/" in url, it's not a bundle), so you aren't missing a further discount atm.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing