DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack Arrives March 24th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed their DiRT Rally 2.0 game will be signing out in style this March 24th - with the special edition 'Colin McRae FLAT OUT' pack set to arrive for the simulation...

Those of us with a long memory can probably vividly recall the original Colin McRae Rally games from the mid 1990's - the games that spawned the current DiRT Rally franchise - and in something of a homage to both the original games and the man himself, this March 24th a brand new Colin McRae themed DLC will be arriving for the title.

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been a wild and exciting ride, and the ‘FLAT OUT’ pack is the perfect way to conclude the journey,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “It’s 25 years since Colin became World Champion and the content is our tribute to the greatest rally driver of his generation.”

The Colin McRae ‘FLAT OUT’ pack includes the new Perth and Kinross rally location, a venue based in Scotland that contains 12 different stages, plus new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and Subaru Legacy RS - both iconic cars used by McRae during his exhilarating career.

Alongside the new content, the upcoming pack also contains 40 playable scenarios from McRae’s career, including 'time penalties, damaged equipment and mechanical failure'. These new scenarios give gamers the opportunity to participate in nine of the cars made famous throughout Colin’s career, including many iconic vehicles from previous Colin McRae Rally and DiRT games.

As we are all well aware, many different versions of the current DiRT Rally 2.0 videogame are available to the wouldbe purchaser - from the standard edition to many various deluxe and season pass variants. Anyone who owns any of the season packs and editions will get the new content at no additional charge, and those of us who own the Standard Edition will be able to purchase the additional content via their platform’s digital store.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on both PC and console.

Got a question? Start a thread in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

DR2 Flat Out Pack 2.jpg
DR2 Flat Out Pack 3.jpg
DR2 Flat Out Pack 1.jpg

Ah yes! Subaru 22B and the old one, Awesome!!! Scotland, I don't know what to say, it's another location so I'm not complaining but maybe a sandy kind of rally like Safari rally or a muddy, rainy and thick jungle location like rally Indonesia would have given more variety, but I guess that's too much work, I'm happy with Scotland non the less, Codemasters listened, more rally locations :)

I would expect the "would require a lot more money" reason might be a bit more important than "too much work" ;)
True, but I'd be willing to pay some good money for a completely full, lush and beautiful location, especially in a game that feels very well optimized to play. It's been a while since we had one (other than DR1) that felt nice to play, last one was RBR from 2005, so yeah, I just hope that they will stick with a game for a while and just expand on it, instead of making a new game every time, I mean, SCS Software has been doing that for years now with ETS2 and ATS, and new expansions are still being announced.

If they are true to real, Scotland is very stony and in the old days punctures were always an issue, so more likely to be like Australia and Greece in terms of surface.

it depends where they base it, but int he past it was always i summer, so very dusty and punctures were a huge issue.

"a rally fan has obviously all the seasons." Sorry but that's not a rally fan.
I have all the dirt games and DLC, all the WRC games, Sebastien Loeb game, Gravel game and all the DLC, RBR and all the mods.....I'm a rally fan, so of course I have bought day one DR2.0 and I have bought day one all the season pass and DLCs, like all the rally games.
I add I have all the racing games, And I buy everything at DAY ONE. WHY ? I'm a sim racing fan, I have money, so I buy everything, I enjoy everything. (Rally is my favorite genre).
And with +10 000 $$$ for my sim rig, It's not possible to cry about the few $$$$ for the games or DLCs which give my my joy (I have Kartsim pro for +1000$, even Kartkraft at 20 $....).
Codemasters are the king, you can like or dislike, they are there. And with SMS, the will again improve a lot.

If you have not the Season pass, you are not a rally fan.

Last edited:
I have all the dirt games and DLC, all the WRC games, Sebastien Loeb game, Gravel game and all the DLC, RBR and all the mods.....I'm a rally fan, so of course I have bought day one DR2.0 and I have bought day one all the season pass and DLCs, like all the rally games.
I add I have all the racing games, And I buy everything at DAY ONE. WHY ? I'm a sim racing fan, I have money, so I buy everything, I enjoy everything. (Rally is my favorite genre).
And with +10 000 $$$ for my sim rig, It's not possible to cry about the few $$$$ for the games or DLCs which give my my joy (I have Kartsim pro for +1000$, even Kartkraft at 20 $....).
Codemasters are the king, you can like or dislike, they are there. And with SMS, the will again improve a lot.

Mate, there’s no need to double down on this, that’s clearly not the case and you’re detailing the thread from the point. And whilst you may have a very expensive setup (I have a 4 year old mid range PC and a G29), some people are playing this game with a console and a pad - it’s doesn’t make them any less of a rally fan if they’re enjoying the game on a lower budget than you.

The pack can also be bought separately, so you don’t need to have a Season Pass. I’ve really enjoyed the DLC for DR2 (apart from Finland with its ‘forest fire’ effect) and think the game itself is superb now. Anyone just waking up to DR2 will get an amazing game with the best off road handling around and 12/13 of the finest modelled rally stages in existence IMO.

However, the 2000s era isn’t my favourite and I have zero interest in RX, so I didn’t buy the Seasons 3+4 content as a pass, but just bought all the rally parts I wanted individually. Heck, if there was a button to hide RX content in game I’d click it and never think twice.

Anyway, I’d be set with this game for a while (I don’t see DR3 gracing us any time soon and I’m sure the side of Codemasters’ boardroom that constantly whispers “make it more accessible” will win with the next game) so every superbly modelled unique stage kilometre I can get is gratefully accepted. Even better if it’s free and bundled with 2 interesting cars.

Last edited:

Imagine that there are rally fans around the world who don't play video games in the first place or don't know about this website, either! ;-)
While you are playing rally games on your computer, other people visit a real rally instead. ;-)
I'm not one of them but I just wanted to point this out.
It doesn't make someone a fan of something if he/she plays a computer game and purchases all of its content. Maybe there are people who are true rally fans and follow every rally on TV or have diecast models of rally cars in their showcases at home but don't have a computer ... Are these poeple no rally fans for you? Or other rally fans might buy an old cheap car and try to re-build an iconic rally car ... You don't know. And it doesn't matter. Everybody knows by himself/herself if he/she is a fan of something. You can't make it depend on certain criteria which you have chosen.

Sorry for being off topic.

… You will also be able to buy the Scotland stages separately.
not quite, Codemasters said they will only sell the McRae items in a bundle. But I'm totally with you on the first part, buying the base game gave you all the new tracks and no one was forced to buy the old stages. I only did a lot later when the price was down and still haven't got all of them. No hurry. Very much looking forward to more gravel, i.e. Scotland.

It wasn't at current price, it was marked slightly above at 18.74€ on Jan 27. Then it was further reduced to 14.99€ since Jan 31. (history)

Earlier on this thread you'll see references to $18.74 because of that (link), which should now be $14.99 too.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing